Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2016 Vuelta a Espana [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today's stage should be epic..
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Vuelta a Espana [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Froome program is miles better than the Valverde program so no need to switch. Bear in mind Valverde was a superstar since his junior days while Froome did not brake the UCI top 200 until 25. He then discovered this program that in a year allowed him to become the most dominant cyclist ever despite apparently not training much due to illness. So definitely no need to switch plans, despite Valverde's being pretty awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Vuelta a Espana [argmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
argmac wrote:
The Froome program is miles better than the Valverde program so no need to switch. Bear in mind Valverde was a superstar since his junior days while Froome did not brake the UCI top 200 until 25. He then discovered this program that in a year allowed him to become the most dominant cyclist ever despite apparently not training much due to illness. So definitely no need to switch plans, despite Valverde's being pretty awesome.

Valverde losing 10 min today... Definitely you cursed the guy!

Sr. Salitre
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bilharzia. I thought it was still valid. I stand corrected.

Sr. Salitre
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Vuelta a Espana [FranR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FranR wrote:
argmac wrote:

Valverde losing 10 min today... Definitely you cursed the guy!

Valverde human? Did they take him off the special kryptonite program?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the way....the funny thing in the Vuelta is Valverde leads the sprinter standings and Quintana is SECOND. Meanwhile Quintana and Froome are down in 7th and 9th respectively in the mountain classification!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
By the way....the funny thing in the Vuelta is Valverde leads the sprinter standings and Quintana is SECOND. Meanwhile Quintana and Froome are down in 7th and 9th respectively in the mountain classification!!!

For this year's Vuelta, it is not really that surprising (although admittedly a bit Ironic).

The "sprinters'" jersey represents the most consistent stage finisher....given the parcours, it makes sense that Valverde is leading (or was...dunno if he kept it today). The mountains competition has more points "down road", so guys who get into early breaks take all the points, leaving the main contenders to fight for whatever points are left on the line.

Great stage today, though....

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
argmac wrote:

Not bad.
Corticoids for big time weight loss. Beats the fuck out of Jenny Craig.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Vuelta a Espana [ChrisC42780] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisC42780 wrote:
Starts today!

Personally my favorite grand tour and always great to watch.
I created a Velogames league, you can enter until noon eastern today!

League Name: Slowtwitch
League Code: 802012014510
My only chance to gloat. Team lunarbumwad just squeaks into first place on the last day, thanks to Arndt's 5th place finish on today's stage into Madrid.

My life is now complete.

Thanks, Chris, for getting these leagues started. Can't wait for the Giro!

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Vuelta a Espana [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice job, I noticed how close it was on Saturday and saw you pull ahead this morning for the win.

As for the Vuelta, I unfortunately was not able to pay attention & watch most of the last 10 stages, I only was able to watch Friday/Saturday.

Great win by Quintana, good fight from Froome, and Chaves looks promising.

Talansky also had a good race, but was disappointed not to see more of Dombrowski. If it wasn't for his twitter feed I would have not know he was even racing the Vuelta.
Quote Reply

Prev Next