Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

920xt Fault - Lap/Pause issue
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Just trying to make sure I am not going mad, during a pool swim, if I pause my Garmin 90xt it is lapping when I un pause it. So the timer starts again at 0, it doesn't bring up the interval/reset screen just ends the current interval and resets back to 0.

Is that what its supposed to do or is it faulty? I don't remember it doing that in the past.

Thanks
Last edited by: ddt83: Jul 26, 16 1:56
Quote Reply
Re: 920xt Fault - Lap/Pause issue [ddt83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you starting and stopping it with the right button or the left "lap" button?
Quote Reply
Re: 920xt Fault - Lap/Pause issue [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
right button. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The right button is the start/stop.

After I start the watch, I use the left button which is the lap button. Pressing that after I get to the wall, the watch goes into the rest time and the screen gets a little darker. When I push off again I hit the lap button again and the screen gets lighter (normal).

Now it's possible that your screens are set up differently than mine, I think mine are the original ones it shipped with. I don't have it with me to comment on what they are.

However, most of the time I just leave it running for the entire set and not for each interval. All I really want to know from it is the running time so I can leave on my prescribed send off times. (The pool I'm swimming at now doesn't have a pace clock or I would be using that)

Edit: I'll have to try what you mentioned when I get home.
Last edited by: jaretj: Jul 26, 16 3:38
Quote Reply
Re: 920xt Fault - Lap/Pause issue [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah normally I use the back button and use the interval settings for rest, however when the pool is super busy I sometimes have to pause (using enter) at the end of the pool and don't want that time to be added onto the lap.

however using the enter button seems to reset the interval, which I swear it didn't use too. Amazon have offered to replace it, which is good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this the same question?

https://forums.garmin.com/...tinue-a-Pool-workout

I don't think the behaviour has changed. Press lap to enter a rest. Press pause to restart.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine does exactly what you describe.

Stop the watch with the start/stop button.

Start the watch again and the interval timer resets but the total timer keeps the correct total time

jaretj
Quote Reply