Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 920XT Enter & Back button not working
Quote | Reply
I have a 920xt, 14 months old, used it yesterday to run then last night the enter and back button stopped working. All 4 side buttons work. I powered off and on no luck. I did a hard reset and now can't get past the choose english menu option as I can't hit enter. I entered the diagnostic menu and on the button checking screen the enter button will register only occasionally but the back button never does. The buttons depress normally feeling as in not stuck.

As Garmin is closed for the weekend, does anyone have any suggestions/thoughts? It is fully charged and has 7.1 firmware.

Thanks,
Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920XT Enter & Back button not working [scomosr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try holding the Power Button in for 15 seconds. Soft reset.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plug in the charger and let it sit in the charger overnight. It worked for me once.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This happened to me, it was caused by water getting in under the buttons while swimming. I had to send the watch back and they sent me a replacement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is the button stuck? like you can't press it down? or it won't register when it goes down?

the first is likely sand, salt or sugar that is stuck... running it under hot water will clear it out(this has happened to my gf before).
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920XT Enter & Back button not working [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The button feels normal in pressing. I tried all the above suggestions to no avail. Last attempt may be compressed air to dislodge anything that may be interfering. Thanks so much for all the suggestions!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there scomosr,
Any luck in getting your Enter and Back button working? I have the same issue with my 920XT at the moment. My Enter keys shows up on the diagnostics screen (albeit a bit slower than the other keys) but refuses to respond when the watch is in normal mode.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920XT Enter & Back button not working [Splinter71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not from any of the above fixes. I attempted them all and even tried compressed air on the buttons. I called Garmin they tried to send me a firmware deal to erase the one I had and reinstall but then I couldn't push the enter to start that process. My watch was out of warranty for 3 months but they did a free warranty replacement. I just had to pay for shipping to them. In fact, I just received it back yesterday. It took about 2 weeks total from all the shipping and everything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. I will have to contact Garmin and see what they say. :-(
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920XT Enter & Back button not working [Splinter71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of the buttons not working could be a spot of dirt under the button. Both buttons at the same time? It's either corrosion or bad connection / bad solder. Either way, a hardware problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920XT Enter & Back button not working [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I find really strange in my situation is that the Enter key shows up as working on the diagnostisc screen. The only difference to the other buttons is that it takes a fraction of a second longer to recognise the key press. This leads me to think that it may be some sort of Firmware issue. But I can't explain why this happened out of the blue. The watch has been working fine for months now. I went for a run and started the session as normal. It was only when I got back and tried to stop the session that the button stopped working. (And hasn't worked since.... expect for on the diagnostics screen!) Very strange!
Quote Reply