Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sex testing of female athletes [NOLA_TRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NOLA_TRI wrote:
Simple solution, do away with "male" and "female" categories and have only 1 set of results with everyone competing together.

Wow I got slammed by some that I suggested this

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Sex testing of female athletes [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If everyone wants to be truly treated as equals then why differentiate in any aspect of life? Every human on equal footing and may the best human being win... And may the odds be ever in your favor!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
women menstruate , causing iron loss thus decreasing performance.... so in addition to testosterone lowering drugs they should be required to donate blood once a month..... ?
Quote Reply
Re: Sex testing of female athletes [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you're saying women aren't equal to men? According to current standards in government and society you are a sexist by pointing out any differences between men and women.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NOLA_TRI wrote:
So you're saying women aren't equal to men? According to current standards in government and society you are a sexist by pointing out any differences between men and women.

This thread is getting ridiculous. There is a physical difference between men and women. Hence the reason most sports have a mens and womens division. Just compare the world records of say 100m running sprint between men and women. In sports where physical strength isn't an issue, e.g. motor racing, men and women compete as equals.
Quote Reply
Re: Sex testing of female athletes [3DKiwi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right. I am pointing out the ridiculousness of all this. The issue of Transgenders being hurt is being taken more seriously than all the female athletes that are competing against genetic males and losing. I don't think transgendered Male to Female athletes should compete in the female category. Maybe there should be a third category?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NOLA_TRI wrote:
You're right. I am pointing out the ridiculousness of all this. The issue of Transgenders being hurt is being taken more seriously than all the female athletes that are competing against genetic males and losing. I don't think transgendered Male to Female athletes should compete in the female category. Maybe there should be a third category?

"modified human"

this will allow for people like blade runner to compete, ex dopers? , etc etc. technology and the world is headed that way, time to set the laws now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you mean intersex, not transgendered.

For transgendered athletes (male to female) there are still rules around testosterone blocking and a period out of competition. The current debate is around intersex athletes who identify as female.

Not to say that there are not implications from one to the other once CAS rules on intersex athletes next year, but there is a difference.
Quote Reply
Re: Sex testing of female athletes [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe class triathletes the same way we class race cars...

Male class
Female class
Modified Male class
Modified Female class
Unlimited class
Disabled class
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I signed up for the Northshore Inline Skate Marathon last month on line....

the drop down box for Gender had:

Male
Female
Other

I kid you not....dead serious...

I just chuckled and told my wife.....a sign of the times I guess.....
Quote Reply

Prev Next