Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SwimRun NC announced - are you ready?
Quote | Reply
On October 30th there will be a SwimRun NC event in Hanging Rock State Park, North Carolina and it will be tough and scenic.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...in_the_USA_5847.html

H
Quote Reply
Re: SwimRun NC announced - are you ready? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And do we know the "merits" used to pick the teams they will allow to compete?

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Re: SwimRun NC announced - are you ready? [TriBrad02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A decently serious swimming a running background but the best answer is they know it when they see it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert,
Do you anticipate this to be an annual event or just a one shot deal? I just registered for the Pilot Mtn. to Hanging Rock Ultra earlier in the month but this looks like an awesome event. Swimming in the Dan sounds...interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: SwimRun NC announced - are you ready? [dogchili94] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no ownership, I just help those guys out a little because I like them and their passion, but I think this is meant not only to be an annual event but they are looking at more unique venues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I guess you swim with your shoes on? Sounds pretty neat. Wonder if I can convince the wife...

Team Zoot - Great Lakes
Quote Reply
Re: SwimRun NC announced - are you ready? [tjones2k9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You run in your wetsuit and swim with your shoes. But with a pull buoy and the wetsuit you hardly notice the shoes. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would love to do this but I'm not sure where I'd find a partner...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like GreenPlease is looking for a partner. Maybe you do not have to convince your wife. Unless of course she would be interested in participating.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would have convinced her to race with me, but she reminded me that we are out of town. That sucks.. We are local too. Looks like a fun race!

Team Zoot - Great Lakes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife signed us up. We were thinking about trying one of these in Europe. To have one locally is awesome. Thanks for posting.
Quote Reply
Re: SwimRun NC announced - are you ready? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously interested in this and it is relatively local for me. I've been away from IM and racing for a while and this is right up my ally. Need a partner...

Dog is God spelled backwards. That means something. I'm just not sure what exactly. But human is namuh spelled backwards.- Marc-Christophe
Quote Reply
Re: SwimRun NC announced - are you ready? [cincytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Age/paces? I'm not opposed to a slowtwitch stranger sign up if I/you can't find a partner in the next couple of weeks. I'm 29. Slow-ish runner (1:41 open half-marthon) and a fast-ish distance swimmer (I'd guess I'd hold somewhere between 1:25-1:30/100m for that race assuming it's broken up into 3x 1,000m swims and the conditions are calm/no currents... not sure how shoes would affect what would basically be a pull set, lol).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
You run in your wetsuit and swim with your shoes. But with a pull buoy and the wetsuit you hardly notice the shoes. :-)

Gosh, running in a wetsuit seems awful. Can't imagine how that would be a good idea, particularly if it's warm out. It makes sense to require it for swim safety though.
Quote Reply
Re: SwimRun NC announced - are you ready? [TxDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TxDude wrote:
Herbert wrote:

Gosh, running in a wetsuit seems awful. Can't imagine how that would be a good idea, particularly if it's warm out. It makes sense to require it for swim safety though.

There are special wetsuits designed for this specific type of race.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: SwimRun NC announced - are you ready? [TRIing2Run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIing2Run wrote:
My wife signed us up. We were thinking about trying one of these in Europe. To have one locally is awesome. Thanks for posting.

That is great
Quote Reply
Re: SwimRun NC announced - are you ready? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
TxDude wrote:
Herbert wrote:

There are special wetsuits designed for this specific type of race.

Have been running in the wetsuit at least once a week since April, and it definitely requires getting used to---please take this with a grain of salt, as I'm a terrible swimmer.

For running, I love both my Desoto 2 piece [speed vest and shorts] and my Zone 3 Evolution (which unzips in front for greater air flow, and has sleeves.)

It was over 70F and really humid today, and ran about 3 miles without feeling like I was going to over heat.

Training for Swim/Run has been a hoot.
Last edited by: PigBodine: Jun 23, 16 14:25
Quote Reply
Re: SwimRun NC announced - are you ready? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that I'm living in NC full time, I might be interested in teaming up with someone.

ME: pretty solid swimmer (when I actually swim more than 1x/mo) and pretty solid runner.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: SwimRun NC announced - are you ready? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about Heath Dotson?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We would be the best looking team out there...by far!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: SwimRun NC announced - are you ready? [TRIing2Run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Racing with the wife sounds awesome.....if only you were able to use the same bathroom too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I competed in Ăœto last year with my husband. You can tie a pool buoy to your leg to counteract the shoes during the swim. We chose not to use pool buoys because swimming with running shoes is really not that bad if you're wearing a wetsuit.

Running in a wetsuit is very tiring though!
Quote Reply
Re: SwimRun NC announced - are you ready? [slink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is hard and of course it depends on how tight it is . :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need a partner for this. My tri friends don't like the swim v much, but I do. My running friends are not swimmers. Cycling not strong for me! Running skills and speed are decent, but not spectacular. I'm looking to do this race overall for fun and see if I like it. I love trail running, though I'm not very fast. If you are a female with strong swim and average run pace, contact me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Registration ends August 10th at 8pm. Get on it and be inspired below.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_SwimRun__5937.html
Quote Reply