Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM South American Championship now streaming live [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev, I love your Posts, you are far more knowledge about this sport then I will ever be, but this line scares me. "Given them a scenario where they have to cheat to stay in the game and there is no other option and they will degrade to cheating."
Quote Reply
Re: IM South American Championship now streaming live [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev this is a reply in general but also partially to your points

1) That video I believe are not pros ... those are age groupers and this has been a CHRONIC problem down there. As well, if they wanted to back off the distance they can in that case. (or at least back off a few bike lengths and not ride 1/2 to a bike length apart) I will agree that for our Regional Championships we need course etc. that are worthy of that distinction.

2) As for motos & pro's ... This appears to be a system problem overall and not just an isolated incident ... Cabo / Cozumel / Brazil seem to have chronic problems with motos (lead motos, camera motos, support motos all way to close to the leader and in advantageous psoition for the leader (others already mention Roth, Austria, etc.) ... (and in age groupers case non existent motos and / or limited officiating ???)

... that said none of us can sit here and say it is 100% NOT the leading athletes fault. Brent (or any leader) could easily have told the motos next to him to move behind him AND waved the lead moto up the road. (heck the moto's next to him were not even in a safe spot so that is an organization thing) Now if he waves them off and they keep coming back then fair enough. I saw the same thing in Cozumel w/ Weiss w/ regards to the lead moto waaaaay to close, he had no problems rolling behind it.

Some race organizations do a very good job of educating their moto drivers ... as athletes we can own some our actions and help improve the process instead just blaming the drivers / the course / the organization / the other athletes etc.

Regards,

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next