Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

LG p09 and M2 skin
Quote | Reply
Have the LG P09 and LG Tri skin been designed to be more aero together?
I think I read this somewhere.

Got a Castelli San remo in small but it's just not tight enough, plus It doesn't seem to have the aero bits that the t1 stealth top had, so considering an m2 skin to match my p09 helmet.

Anyone tested the two together?
Quote Reply
Re: LG p09 and M2 skin [TriByran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriByran wrote:

Got a Castelli San remo in small but it's just not tight enough, plus It doesn't seem to have the aero bits that the t1 stealth top had, so considering an m2 skin to match my p09 helmet.

I have tested the two together, raced 4x times this year in that combo, but I didn't get a chance to test it in the wind tunnel because it wasn't available for me to test. I do very much like the M2. Seems like a lot of thought went into the making of that suit.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was asserted in a garneau advert in Lava, based on ERO findings.
Quote Reply
Re: LG p09 and M2 skin [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you Thomas.

I think it's worth trying.

Now the question remains why have they changed to a completely hideous colours???

Also, does anyone know the difference between the m2 skin and the course skin suit?

Look completely identical apart form colour but the skin suit is a fair bit more expensive!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In absence of testing, you can't go wrong with that combo i think.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriByran wrote:
Thank you Thomas.

Now the question remains why have they changed to a completely hideous colours???

Also, does anyone know the difference between the m2 skin and the course skin suit?

Look completely identical apart form colour but the skin suit is a fair bit more expensive!

Same issue here, lol. There has to be somewhere that has the previous year's color still in stock!! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriByran wrote:
Thank you Thomas.

You could always get custom pieces done.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriByran wrote:
Thank you Thomas.

The Course has a bike pad, which although reasonable is going to chafe a little (see TriRig's review). The course also has three rear pockets.

The M2 has two, almost pointless, interior hip pockets that are awkward to find, harder to get your fingers into but I store salt tabs in there, you may get a gel in but the mesh might catch the foil edges a bit. There are no back pockets.

That said .... the M2 is phenomenal. Amazingly comfortable pad, super stretchy for a great fit on most people, the cool black material actually works well and it is even super comfortable all over on the run, even the shoulders / arms. I had a Konami suit that I really liked, the M2 is markedly better. if they were to add a small pocket or two somewhere it would be 100% but maybe that would have reduced it's aero claims a little. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with the M2. It fits a little small. I am 180lb, 6'1 and only just went up to a Large. But like I said, pretty stretchy so fits people well.

Quite a few of the Dimond Team have the M2 and love it.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Last edited by: JayPeeWhy: May 28, 16 10:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
TriByran wrote:

I have tested the two together, raced 4x times this year in that combo, but I didn't get a chance to test it in the wind tunnel because it wasn't available for me to test. I do very much like the M2. Seems like a lot of thought went into the making of that suit.

Thomas, I whole-heartedly agree with you on the helmet, the m-2, and the combination! Question for you though: what do you use to carry your nutrition on the bike and how much do you carry for IM distance? I ride a p5 with an Xlab 300 bento....the struggle is real to carry enough to get me through 5 hours.
Quote Reply
Re: LG p09 and M2 skin [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darren325 wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
TriByran wrote:

Thomas, I whole-heartedly agree with you on the helmet, the m-2, and the combination! Question for you though: what do you use to carry your nutrition on the bike and how much do you carry for IM distance? I ride a p5 with an Xlab 300 bento....the struggle is real to carry enough to get me through 5 hours.

The idea is to keep it simple. I carry to bottles. One on the back, concentrated with about 12-14 gels, and one bottle on the front 450 that I swap out with water as I go. That's it. The simpler the better.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Darren325 wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
TriByran wrote:

The idea is to keep it simple. I carry to bottles. One on the back, concentrated with about 12-14 gels, and one bottle on the front 450 that I swap out with water as I go. That's it. The simpler the better.

tg, you're saying you load 10-14 gels in the rear bottle and add water till it's full and your bta is water that you change as needed? doesn't reaching back every 15 minutes slow you down overall? i feel like i would lose 5+ minutes over 180km if i did this (i have t-rex arms)
Quote Reply