Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My biggest issue with that suit is that I really dislike the look of the tiles. I'm probably alone on this but I just wish there was another design option. You guys used to offer a really cool looking honeycomb design with like a white to gray gradient. I wish that was still an optional design.
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [keqwow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, you are certainly a minority on the tiles, as they are quite popular. But we will have a couple new colors/designs in about 8 weeks. That one you are describing was our hex fade design. It was back from last year. We never offered it in the sleeved version and we sold out of the sleeveless.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emilio wrote:
hello dprocket,

I am a big fan of the Riviera Tribib, but then I invented it. Same with the Riviera Trisuit. But if you have a hesitation about the one-piece trisuit, I will tell you that if you have a bit of a gut and love handles, the Riviera Tribib will support you and make you look and feel slimmer, especially if you are the Riviera Top to match.

Look how high up it comes on the sides and over the belly!

Get it for 20% off using the code in my signature.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the help! I've always wanted to try your product, and now I'm a first time customer. Looking forward to trying the kit out in the next few weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Riviera Tri-suit! No way I'd be able to get the top over my shoulders post swim, but I'm pushing the size limits of what the suit was designed for...
That being said, there's enough support that I don't look too much like a penguin in a sausage casing.

As far as the pattern, the coloured tiles are growing on me. I may not be the brand ambassador Emillio wants, but I did get two compliments on the suit at my Oly Tri last Sunday. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [coreyasaur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey I am glad you are getting so many compliments! I bet you are easily recognized!

As for wearing this suit in the swim, I think you will be blown away at how well it works as a swim skin rather than removing it down to the waist and wadding it up under a swim skin. Tri wearing it alone and if you must wear a swim skin, try wearing it with the sleeves on. It is a dream.

By the way, you may not want to be a brand ambassador for De Soto, but your great words about the Riviera Trisuit are really appreciated.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The DeSoto web site is accepting PRE-orders for the Riviera FLISUIT - yes, a one piece with a fly to facilitate peeing! Thank goodness there's not a picture of it in action :-)

J_R wrote:
Emilio wrote:
We got one for you that works like like swimskin, has a pad that floats, keeps you cool, and blocks 90% of the UVB rays.

RIVIERA SLEEVED TRISUIT

GREAT NEWS: Sleeved Trisuits are now legal for use in Ironman and 70.3 races, and it remains legal in many other races not owned by WTC. The Riviera Sleeved Trisuit was designed for this very purpose, with hydrodynamics as a factor, not just aerodynamics.
The new Mobius Comfort Compression Band offers a more equally graduated compression around the legs, so you get the same support with no tightness around the thighs.
The Riviera Sleeved Trisuit has the Patent Pending Integrated Riviera Ceramico™ 7mm Pad. This pad floats and stretches which means it can be used as a race piece in a triathlon. On the bike, the pad stretches with the short and follows your skin as it moves with every pedal stroke, eliminating the friction that can cause irritation or rashes.
The comfort, performance and functionality you've come to love in our Riviera Tri Shorts and Tri Bib, is now available in this amazing new Sleeved Riviera Trisuit!
Here is what you get in this trisuit:
    • Integrated Riviera Ceramico™ 7mm Pad (soft, stretchy, buoyant, and the most durable pad in the world).
    • Forza Compressor legs above the Mobius Comfort Compression Leg Bands
    • Waterlid™ Pockets that allow you to swim in this trisuit without a wetsuit.
    • Liftfoil center panels that make swimming in this without a wetsuit faster!
    • Shield Del Sol™ upper body for more sun protection.
    • Black modesty panels. We intentionally put black panels in the crotch area to avoid saddle stains and for a more flattering appearance.
    • Front zipper like in our Forza Trisuits, but read below about the Snake Zip™!

SnakeZip™...What is this?
Due to the unique fit and stretch of this garment, the SnakeZip™ is sewn onto the body of the garment as if the fabric were stretched onto the athlete's body so that the zipper does not inhibit the compressive fit, aerodynamics, and hydrodynamics. The end result is that when the garment is not on the body, the zipper naturally winds side to side. This will not only make the garment more comfortable, but it will also make it more durable.
This item is not designed for repeated use as a swim suit in a chlorinated pool.

Hi Emilio,

I love your stuff and have plenty of it. Any chance of making a version of this with a zipper long enough for "the rest of us", that is those that either can't or prefer not to pee ourselves on the bike/run. May of us out there use the port-o-can. The zipper just doesn't go down far enough without risking breaking the zipper or tearing the suit (the entire market seems to be this way). Pulling off a tight and getting it back on when wet is also an uncorfortable challenge. Just tossing an idea out there.
Last edited by: HandHeartCrown: Jul 18, 16 13:16
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [smoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recommend the Cuore suit.
You can swim with the shoulders on, wetsuit or not, and it's easy to pee, and it's aero as hell.
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am still not thrilled with the idea of a one-piece but I did my last race in the Forza 4-pocket shorts and the Riviera sleeved top (grey tiles). At first I have to say I wasn't a fan of the tile look in general but once I saw it in person I liked it a lot more.

In any case it was a non-wetsuit swim. I wore a Roka swim skin over the sleeved top and just left it like that. I am sure it looked ridiculous to wear a swimskin and still have sleeves on but it worked just fine and I didn't feel like my stroke was at all hampered by the material on my shoulders. Certainly less restriction than in my wetsuit.

I have to say I really liked the way the top fit, and the skin cooler material really felt like it kept me just a little bit cooler on what was a very hot day (Rev3 Williamsburg). Added bonus was having to slather less of my body in sunscreen. The shoulders are the hardest part to keep out of the sun anyway in a regular sleeveless top, and this solved that problem entirely. I am definitely a fan of this top.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Emilio, I have just placed an order for the new Flisuit in blue camouflage print. Can't wait to get it here and get comfortable. All things being great, it will be getting a run at Noosa at the end of October for my first race of the season (Southern Hemisphere). Looks excellent, I like the design changes from last season, especially the fly for longer races. I have been thinking about that sort of innovation for a number of years. Well done!
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. Gain 1 minute on the bike lose 1 on the swim. . . Or wear an ITU suit and save time in transition
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emilio - I was looking at using the tri bibs and SDS long sleeve cooling top in Coz for the IM, i've used that before in hot climates and love the cooling properties and the pockets in the spine. But now intrigued by the Flisuit... Is there any cooling material used in this product (and don't imagine it has spine pockets....)?
I have arm coolers to pair it with if needed....
Last edited by: ChrisM: Jul 27, 16 13:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumping again, your first post says the trusuit will help keep you cool. The tri bibs have the black cooler material in them (i believe), does the sleeved trsuit have similar cooling material anywhere?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emilio wrote:
We got one for you that works like like swimskin, has a pad that floats, keeps you cool, and blocks 90% of the UVB rays.

RIVIERA SLEEVED TRISUIT

GREAT NEWS: Sleeved Trisuits are now legal for use in Ironman and 70.3 races, and it remains legal in many other races not owned by WTC. The Riviera Sleeved Trisuit was designed for this very purpose, with hydrodynamics as a factor, not just aerodynamics.
The new Mobius Comfort Compression Band offers a more equally graduated compression around the legs, so you get the same support with no tightness around the thighs.
The Riviera Sleeved Trisuit has the Patent Pending Integrated Riviera Ceramico™ 7mm Pad. This pad floats and stretches which means it can be used as a race piece in a triathlon. On the bike, the pad stretches with the short and follows your skin as it moves with every pedal stroke, eliminating the friction that can cause irritation or rashes.
The comfort, performance and functionality you've come to love in our Riviera Tri Shorts and Tri Bib, is now available in this amazing new Sleeved Riviera Trisuit!
Here is what you get in this trisuit:
    • Integrated Riviera Ceramico™ 7mm Pad (soft, stretchy, buoyant, and the most durable pad in the world).
    • Waterlid™ Pockets that allow you to swim in this trisuit without a wetsuit.
    • Black modesty panels. We intentionally put black panels in the crotch area to avoid saddle stains and for a more flattering appearance.
    • Front zipper like in our Forza Trisuits, but read below about the Snake Zip™!

SnakeZip™...What is this?
Due to the unique fit and stretch of this garment, the SnakeZip™ is sewn onto the body of the garment as if the fabric were stretched onto the athlete's body so that the zipper does not inhibit the compressive fit, aerodynamics, and hydrodynamics. The end result is that when the garment is not on the body, the zipper naturally winds side to side. This will not only make the garment more comfortable, but it will also make it more durable.
This item is not designed for repeated use as a swim suit in a chlorinated pool.

Emilio you are an AWESOME person, so helpful when I was purchasing items from you. I have purchased a number of your wetsuits and other clothing. I want a trisuit SO bad so of course I went to your website. But I just can not get myself to pull the trigger on that design, nor the grey and black. By any chance will you be coming out with a different design next year? If so I will wait to purchase one. Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RBR wrote:

Emilio you are an AWESOME person, so helpful when I was purchasing items from you. I have purchased a number of your wetsuits and other clothing. I want a trisuit SO bad so of course I went to your website. But I just can not get myself to pull the trigger on that design, nor the grey and black. By any chance will you be coming out with a different design next year? If so I will wait to purchase one. Thank you

Thanks for your kind words We will have two new designs available before the end of this month. They are shown below. This model comes with a fly so you can relieve yourself without having to unzip or undress.

Get it for 20% off using the code in my signature.

RIVIERA FLISUIT™

The world's first trisuit and skin suit with a fly! Finally, you can have bathroom relief without unzipping or undressing.
This 2017 model is available now for pre-order. Be the among the first to own it. Order now and delivery will start August 15, 2016, maybe sooner!
The comfort, performance and functionality you've come to love in our Riviera Tri Shorts and Tri Bib, is now available in this amazing Sleeved Riviera Trisuit!
NEW FEATURES:
  • Fli-fly™ hidden fly just above the pad in front for quick on-the-fly bathroom “relief.”
  • 16-inch straight zipper (we eliminated the Snake-Zip)
  • 7mm Clasico Integrated Pad is softer with more stretch, no seams (we eliminated the Ceramico beads)
  • Seamless inner thigh eliminates friction
  • 1 inch longer inseam than previous version (RTTS)

SAME GREAT FEATURES AS BEFORE:
  • 3-inch Mobius Comfort Compression Band offers a more equally graduated compression around the legs, so you get the same support with no tightness and sqeezing.
  • Two Waterlid™ Pockets, one on side of each leg, that allow you to swim in this trisuit without a wetsuit.
  • Swim, bike, and run in comfort without changing. Race with it under your wetsuit or without a wetsuit.
  • This environmentally-friendly innovation is completely free of solvents and the dyes used have no VOC.
  • Not recommended for repeated use in a chlorinated pool.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is any of the material in the sleeved suit skin cooler like you've used in the tri bibs?
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
Is any of the material in the sleeved suit skin cooler like you've used in the tri bibs?

Actually yes, and thanks for pointing that out. Anything part of the suit that has color in it is in fact Skin Cooler Fabric. It started out as white before we sublimated the color fade tile or the blue fade camo.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emilio wrote:
ChrisM wrote:

Actually yes, and thanks for pointing that out. Anything part of the suit that has color in it is in fact Skin Cooler Fabric. It started out as white before we sublimated the color fade tile or the blue fade camo.

Ohhh, that's excellent news for hot races (but bad for the pocketbook....) Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Save $54 on this piece using the code in my signature!

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done... Thanks

Hopefully get it in time for SB Triathlon! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Emilio, any update on anticipated shipping dates?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Chris. email me with your order number and I will look into this for you.

Send to emilio@desotosport.com

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wore the Riviera Flisuit for a 70.3 last weekend and it was awesome! 92 degrees by the end of the run and the parts of me covered by the suit felt great even in the beating sun. I am doing a sprint this weekend and planning on wearing it without a wetsuit for the swim. I haven't practiced swimming with it alone so hopefully it will work well. Great trisuit!
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [Howe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Howe wrote:
I wore the Riviera Flisuit for a 70.3 last weekend and it was awesome! 92 degrees by the end of the run and the parts of me covered by the suit felt great even in the beating sun. I am doing a sprint this weekend and planning on wearing it without a wetsuit for the swim. I haven't practiced swimming with it alone so hopefully it will work well. Great trisuit!

So great to read it worked so well for you. As for your race this weekend. Practice in it before you race in it! REMEMBER THIS:

https://www.desotosport.com/...rst-law-of-triathlon

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply

Prev Next