Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Canyon Speedmax CF 2016 Order
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone out here ordered the new Canyon Speedmax? Mine was scheduled to be dispatched between 25April-2May. They were supposed to contact me for my configuration prior to dispatched, but having waited till 1 May without an email, I decided to email them to check.

So the staff assisted in checking for me and found out my bike's configuration was not set up. He said that he would assist to punch it in for me. ( Delayed maybe; or did they just forgot about it ). So I asked more info and now the bike will be dispatched mid-May instead, 2 weeks later I believe.

Is it just me or this is normal for Canyon?
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon Speedmax CF 2016 Order [syadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are other threads and lots of angry people who haven't gotten their Canyon bikes yet.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon Speedmax CF 2016 Order [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back to square one yeah?

There was an article of their CEO writing saying that they are looking to improve from here on, ( that was Jan I believe ), and I thought I should give them a chance.

What really got me was that they went straight to ask if I want to cancel my order, like as if it didn't matter if I supported the brand.

They shouldn't be giving empty promises. If it's going to be probably late, just be upfront about it right? Customers can then make a proper informed decision on the purchase.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon Speedmax CF 2016 Order [syadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that this is a little normal right now. It is a downside of their model.

They receive their new stock and then get a rush of individuals that are looking to purchase. They do all the purchases online and there is no LBS to get the personalized service. You get a discount because of this but it is on the purchaser to ensure that the process is following your expected timeline.

I purchased 2 Canyon bikes within the past 2 months. Both times I expected to receive a confirmation/ shipping email after the invoice within 48 hours. When I did not receive it after 72 hours on one bike I called them. They said that there was an issue/glitch with the order. They had not contacted me and if I didn't call them who knows when they would have notified me. I still received the bike within an extremely quick time, due to proximity of shipping to their warehouse and the bike being in stock.

You have to take the good with the bad when it comes to their online/ mail order model.
Quote Reply