Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Latest 2016 PEARSON Z1-ELEVEN beam bike [Z1ELEVEN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some great work here.

Would like to see some more photos of your other projects!
Love to see people and companies pushing the design envelope.

JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
http://www.ventumracing.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Graeme,

Have you ever considered (or have made) custom mountain bike frames? I'm a fellow Pearson based in the south island and think it would be awesome to race on a Pearson bike at my events
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks cool, and those extensions are seriously phallic-looking.
Quote Reply
Re: Latest 2016 PEARSON Z1-ELEVEN beam bike [Theory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much 'Z' movement do you get (i.e. how much does the beam flex?)?

I believe my local reality has been violated.
Quote | Reply
OK, now i want one.

What's the delivery time for one of the RADICAL AERO framesets?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those prices aren't bad at all. I'm also interested in the totally custom route. Could you really do 80mm of bb drop? Slacken the head angle to say 71 degrees? Can you do vertical dropouts? I'm really not a fan of horizontal dropouts. Last question (for now) could you do a "stout" build with thicker tube walls/extra carbon? I ask about that, oddly, because I really don't care too much about weight and I'd like to have a bike I don't have to baby so friggin much when I put it in the back of my car.
Quote Reply
Re: Latest 2016 PEARSON Z1-ELEVEN beam bike [stephenj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Stephen. With my rigid beam (one piece) frames like the 'alien' one above, there isn't really any noticeable flex, but because of the frame shape and the dampening properties of the carbon fibre there is good stiffness as well as a comfortable ride. I do also have a flex beam model which has a separate beam held in elastomers. This flex can be tailored with different elastomer hardness, to customize your particular riding style. I've had it set up with about 10mm vertical flex at the seat, and the ride feels amazing. Especially on our rough chip roads here in New Zealand. Best feeling bike I have ever riden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too am wondering what the delivery time is for one of your framesets??
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Latest 2016 PEARSON Z1-ELEVEN beam bike [lmar77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Imar77, It takes about 6 weeks for me to do a full RADICAL AERO frameset. All depends on what other work I have on at the time and what custom extras are also required. Bikes are made 'one off' especially for the client, by me myself. There is quite a lot of work involved, as its not like a carbon frame popped out of a mold in Asia.
Quote Reply
Re: Latest 2016 PEARSON Z1-ELEVEN beam bike [jpwiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi jp, Yes I've made mountain bikes for myself to race and train on in the past. Developing now a radical new 32" wheel full suspension bike that will be super light. Very special single side front fork, radically different from either the lefty or lauf. Special tire and wheel system, not seen before. Will be super expensive, and will certainly stand out. Frame for the first prototype is nearly completed and working on wheels and tires now. As a fellow PEARSON, yes it could be right up your 'alley'
Quote Reply
Re: Latest 2016 PEARSON Z1-ELEVEN beam bike [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi greenplease, Yes I can easily do 80mm BB drop. And easily do 71 head angle (but would have to work out the best rake and trail to suit that angle, so it gives the right feel for your particular size/riding style). Possibly could do vertical dropouts, but that depends a little bit on what brake caliper is used ( as brake is under the BB) and tire sizes etc, for the correct clearances. Yes I do ' tailor ' the carbon layup to suit heavier riders, so yes can make it strong for you. Email me at info@pearsonbikes.com to discuss
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds interesting, I look forward to seeing/hearing more about it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a weight limit for your frames? I'm a big guy, 6'2", 225. Is that a problem for your frames?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What do I think? Hire a photographer.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: Latest 2016 PEARSON Z1-ELEVEN beam bike [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With cycling you need to put your money where your mouth is and be able to demonstrate exactly how well this bike performs in comparison to other less whacky designs. No point in droning on about drag and whatever, get two evenly matched pro riders and race them. Prove that this design is quick otherwise they'll sell 5 and disappear.
Quote Reply
Re: Latest 2016 PEARSON Z1-ELEVEN beam bike [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi zedzded, Yes done that. I've raced on these beam bikes at top level, and yes they are fast. As they say " the proof of the pudding is in the eating" or something like that. More and more manufacturers are making them now too, as athletes are finding out how fast they are against conventional designs. I just make them because I like them and know they are fast. I don't need to push them on athletes with BS claims (which I see a lot of bike manufacturers seem to do, in trying to move their products). I'm happy just making one for myself ( so I can go faster), but if others want them I'll make a couple more
Quote Reply
Re: Latest 2016 PEARSON Z1-ELEVEN beam bike [Robert Preston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Robert,
I can tailor them to suit the stronger and also heavier riders. As in, made to order for the individual client.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Z1ELEVEN wrote:
Hi zedzded, Yes done that. I've raced on these beam bikes at top level, and yes they are fast. As they say " the proof of the pudding is in the eating" or something like that. More and more manufacturers are making them now too, as athletes are finding out how fast they are against conventional designs. I just make them because I like them and know they are fast. I don't need to push them on athletes with BS claims (which I see a lot of bike manufacturers seem to do, in trying to move their products). I'm happy just making one for myself ( so I can go faster), but if others want them I'll make a couple more

Cool :)

I love the design. I haven't seen many in Australia, other than a couple of Falcos(?) and thought, other than the paintwork, they looked awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Latest 2016 PEARSON Z1-ELEVEN beam bike [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan,

Graeme built this model to my specifications. I provided measurements and a rough idea for hydration and bento customization. I'm just assembling it now and would be happy to send more pictures, etc.

I've appreciated his product knowledge, craftsmanship and hands on racing experience. I rode a Zipp 2001 way back and previous to that a Ti QR (worked for one of your Canadian distributors back in '92).

BTW - Also appreciate your impromptu plant tour in '93. One of your staff invited us in during a spring break road trip. A quick call to Brad Smith got me clearance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crikey!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you Graeme for sharing the cost info here. It's such a gorgeous piece of work! Having developed a couple cracks in my Softride Rocket TT beam I'm already spying alternatives for a once and future dream purchase, though more a dream than reality right now.
Quote Reply

Prev Next