Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Triple T roll call and condition report [atomic_shaggy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
atomic_shaggy wrote:
It's getting close. Just curious to see who on here will be coming down for the weekend. Also wanted to give a short report on conditions out at Shawnee because there are a couple things to note.
The biggest is that there are a couple pretty decent spots on Little Bear Big Spruce Road (just past the horse ranch, Sat AM course) where the road washed out and they replaced it with gravel only!! We've ridden it twice and it comes up without a lot of warning. And it's pretty rough. Other roads in the area are in typical condition.
Lamp Black Rd/trail is in rough shape as well. At one point late in the fall mackletree rd was closed and many people used lamp black as a thoroughfare. The gravel is bad right now, and they've brought in bank run in some spots that has added a lot of loose rocks to the mix. I've ran it 2 times in minimalist shoes and both times my feet were sore afterwards.
The lake water was 65 degrees.

See you in 2 weeks..

Any update on the road conditions? I'm heading down for my first crack at it.
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T roll call and condition report [atomic_shaggy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 7th TTT! I thought Blacklamp was in good shape and I did go all the way to the turnaround on April 30 and wore Newtons. Rest of the roads were in good shape besides near the horse camp. Hopefully they repaired that since it was reported!
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T roll call and condition report [Daniel Clarke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI! HFP still have a few volunteer openings on Saturday, May 21 at the American Triple-T. FREE on-site camping and a FREE HFP race entry for anyone volunteering for the American Triple-T AM & PM races. Got a group/club or team that can join us? And/or they will make an additional donation for groups and individuals $150-$300 depending on how many shifts. Contact Jennifer at j.kurek@hfpracing.com for more information.
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T roll call and condition report [Doncain1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are daily results posted anywhere ? I have some friends racing that I wanted to follow.
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T roll call and condition report [rmg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Full 2016 results at http://www.triregistration.com/ResultsListNew.php.

Photos from 2016 at https://hfpracing.smugmug.com/...ican-TTT-and-Little/
(More photos being updated today)

2017 Race Dates are June 2-4.

More details at http://www.AmericanTriple-T.com.

Shannon Kurek

Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T roll call and condition report [hfpman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fantastic weekend as always. I wish I had the fitness to do the race justice, but I had fun and didn't completely collapse.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have any idea what the conditions are for this years race?
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T roll call and condition report [MikeyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Water was fairly warm two weekends ago when I was there.

Roads were is good shape. Big Spruce Little Bear was repaved (chip/seal) after FR3 but had very fine gravel on it. If it's swept it'll be really fast.

The hills are still there

The run trail is in pretty good shape, there was a section that was a little bit washed out.
Quote Reply
Re: American Triple T roll call and condition report [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the update!
Quote Reply

Prev Next