Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Make me one of these
Quote | Reply
I want someone to make a rear facing projector camera that projects an image of something that might be harmful to a car ( a rock , a brick , a pile of trash ) on to the road behind me when I ride.

Drivers seem to give a wider berth to something they think will actually cause harm to their car then the do to me on a bike , who I guess in their minds won't hurt their car so they give me a who cares amount of space.

Something that looks real and is projected maybe 6ft behind me that they think they need to avoid running over when they see it .

Kickstarter here I come , ha ha ha
Last edited by: 7401southwick: May 4, 16 11:00
Quote Reply
Re: Make me one of these [7401southwick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you figure it out you will be filthy rich because you could then construct one of these:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Inspector gadget and Wile E Coyote had this stuff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put a stereo system on your bike, make it boom the broom-broom Harley noise, and wear Hell's Angels jacket?

Sound is easier to fake than the vision. If you can do the latter forget the bike. I'm pretty sure you could make billions selling it to the military industrial complex.
Quote Reply
Re: Make me one of these [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come on R2D2 called up an moving / talking floating image of princess Leia in thin air and saved the empire with one.

All I want is a rock ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if a really bright light projected on the road would do the trick--maybe a laser that establishes the 3-foot line . . . (patent pending).

How about a water dispenser that sprays a 3-foot line as cars approach--like the ScareCrow Motion-activated Sprinkler.

"If everything seems in control, you aren't going fast enough" -- Mario Andretti
Quote Reply
Re: Make me one of these [etapaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
etapaero wrote:
I wonder if a really bright light projected on the road would do the trick--maybe a laser that establishes the 3-foot line . . . (patent pending).

Someone already beat you to the laser idea http://www.xfireshop.com/...r-safety-rear-light/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello 7401 southwick and All,

Going with your projection idea ........... motorists usually try to avoid visually sighted potholes ....... or how about a projection of human body splayed out on the road ..... or a hologram of a runner following behind you ........................ but it will be important that the escape route for the motorist is available ..... without swerving into the oncoming traffic ....... so as not to take out you on your bicycle ....... .... otherwise you might be setting yourself up for getting clipped .... because if the choice for the motorist is avoiding a head on or taking out a cyclist ...... which do you think they will choose?

Maybe a visual cloaking device that makes you appear as a slow moving police car or a truck.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You just need to disguise yourself as Rogue from X-Men. Also, see thread about see through cycling shorts.
Last edited by: knighty76: May 5, 16 2:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Drag a pair of Hokas behind you........
Quote Reply