Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sebastian Salas, Doping Sanctions and Triathlon Participation [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This whole discussion got really interesting really fast.
Quote Reply
Re: Sebastian Salas, Doping Sanctions and Triathlon Participation [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bear in mind that i spent a number of months last year learning about libel-defamation laws in canada and how they apply to me, as an american and as an american running an american company that has audiences in other countries.

in the course of understanding how speech laws differ country to country (and maybe by province as well, in canada), i have a lay business but very incomplete knowledge of the legal landscape. my knowledge is limited to the legal advice i've sought and gotten on the subject.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Sebastian Salas, Doping Sanctions and Triathlon Participation [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's never easy, and as Gawker found out even when you think you are right a judge and jury can get it wrong. Even if you are proven right under the law in the long run, being right is still very costly. Being wrong just costs more.
Quote Reply
Re: Sebastian Salas, Doping Sanctions and Triathlon Participation [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
throughout most of my tenure running this reader community (16 years) my focus has been less on what is legal or perilous, more on what is decent and civil. we don't run reddit. or gawker. we host speech that is less sexy, because decency is boring.

people want to talk about what happens when a person serves a ban and comes back to race; or when a transgender triathlete wants to use the changing tent of his or her gender-ID. speech is sacred; but speech impacts the subjects of that speech.

so far, knock on wood, focusing on free but decent and civil speech has served as a pretty good proxy for speech that is also safe and unactionable.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"Dan, to just be technical, if I delete my post, the post under my name is still there, but empty."

if you edit all text out of your post it'll be empty but still there. i don't know under the current new architecture if you can just flat delete your post.

Looks like now when you hit delete on ones posts, they are now 100% gone. :)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Sebastian Salas, Doping Sanctions and Triathlon Participation [Jordano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
unfortunately he has registered for the Challenge Penticton 2016 Canadian National Long Course Championship.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply

Prev Next