Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Can you covert "old" Zipp 10 speed to 11 speed? [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAB wrote:
Shave the inside of the 11 speed cassette by 1.8 mm. It then fits your 10 speed freehub

This is by far the simplest solution if you have the means or know someone who has.
There might even be someone on the forum making a few bucks doing it.

If you're in the UK check the timetriallingforum classifieds otherwise there was some guy in Canada on one of the threads in here?.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you covert "old" Zipp 10 speed to 11 speed? [The Red Baron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Red Baron wrote:
realAB wrote:
Shave the inside of the 11 speed cassette by 1.8 mm. It then fits your 10 speed freehub

This is by far the simplest solution if you have the means or know someone who has.

If you're in the UK check the timetriallingforum classifieds otherwise there was some guy in Canada on one of the threads in here?.

I have one friend that has done this for a zipp 182 hub and I'm having another cassette cut for someone else.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you covert "old" Zipp 10 speed to 11 speed? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
The Red Baron wrote:
realAB wrote:

I have one friend that has done this for a zipp 182 hub and I'm having another cassette cut for someone else.

Just be sure that you are removing the 1.8mm of material from the cassette, and NOT the freehub. Both solutions will in theory solve your problem, but the cassette mod is simple and reliable. But, for many hubs, the freehub mod is NOT reliable.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Jul 22, 17 10:46
Quote Reply
Re: Can you covert "old" Zipp 10 speed to 11 speed? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, I know "that guy" in Canada.....does the job perfectly !
Lasco concept at 514-993-0510 or lascoconcept@videotron.ca
;)
Quote Reply

Prev Next