Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pole, Pedal, Paddle (Bend, OR) [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was there in 2010 to watch. Frikin AWESOME event. The whole town comes out for it.

Be ready for some aerobic all around freaks to crush the snow sports and then do okay on the bike and run to hold off the tri folks. Some all around outdoorsies are probably pretty damn good at all 5 events!

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Pole, Pedal, Paddle (Bend, OR) [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, in the half dozen times I have done this event, that was the worse weather! On the mountain intermittent snow, with drizzle on first couple of miles the bike. Nevertheless, I managed to get two teams and ten other of our Tri Club folks to come to Bend with me and race. The boys team came second in the AG (yes, MUG!), and the ladies did a respectable 7 of 16! Everyone had fun and vowed to do it again. I pimped out the SliceRS and stormed the bike downhill (although I did leave the disk off, fearing the unsettled weather would bring wind gusts). Then on a borrowed Surf Ski I did the Kayak - that boat was fast! Finish time 2h 06min.
Quote Reply
Re: Pole, Pedal, Paddle (Bend, OR) [TriSliceRS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the hardware. Pics?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Pole, Pedal, Paddle (Bend, OR) [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New for 2014, the PPP idea comes to Mt. Hood. (For those too lazy to drive to Bend.)

http://www.hood2riverrelay.com

Alpine, Nordic, mtn bike, road bike, run, paddle...

Quote | Reply
I'm thinking of buying some used downhill boots that will accommodate my size 11.5 cross-country boots. Do you have a best guess as to what size I should look for? Don't worry about aiding the competition; I'm both old and slow.
Quote Reply
Re: Pole, Pedal, Paddle (Bend, OR) [TriSliceRS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This looks cool. Unfortunately I will be missing pole, pedal, paddle and also this opportunity in 2014 because I decided to do American Zofingen.
Quote Reply
Re: Pole, Pedal, Paddle (Bend, OR) [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Congrats on the hardware. Pics?

This is the mug I won in a two person mixed relay (ski, bike and paddle for me). Pretty nice award and they are pretty easy to get since they have about a bazillion divisions. Need to come back and do this solo. Also great place to get a "brag" worthy bike split. I averaged over 31 mph for a 20 mile ride and I am not even in the top 20 for any of the Strava segments;)
Quote Reply
Re: Pole, Pedal, Paddle (Bend, OR) [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reviving this thread. With so many legs, what is the best strategy to prepare? Try to do each discipline 2-3 times each 10 days?
Quote Reply
Re: Pole, Pedal, Paddle (Bend, OR) [ret123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump. thoughts on specific training ideas, how to fit it all in?
Quote Reply
Re: Pole, Pedal, Paddle (Bend, OR) [ret123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just bumping up this old post since PPP is on my bucket list. as a consolation for not making it out west this year, I did the mad river tri yesterday. similar race but east coast, sugarbush VT to be exact. starts with a 5 mile run, then 5 mile whitewater paddle, then 10 mile bike up to the mountain, followed by a skimo/AT finale. the race was a staple in the early 2000's, but stopped around 2014. they brought it back this year but changed it up by adding some trail running sections and gravel/singletrack to the bike. pretty cool event and had a good showing after a 10 year hiatus. definitely check it out next year. https://madriverpath.org/madrivertriathlon
Quote Reply

Prev Next