Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I posted on IG, I've run past this mailbox HUNDREDS of times, but I've never actually stopped to get a pic, before

https://www.instagram.com/...MTNlOXgwODkyb2lyaA==

I wonder if any mechanically-/automotively-minded folks on here could tell me what we're looking at for the "post?"

Looks like whatever it's called that the pistons connect to inside the engine (and a pretty large engine, at that)

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha that's a crankshaft and the large circular base is the flywheel. And you are correct, the pistons would connect to this.
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!!! I could NOT for the life of me remember that !!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
In a not-before-seen variation of Team DUI kit, a guy rode past me in his motorcycle club colors (vest w/patches, anyway), black jeans and big boots, topped with required German WWII replica helmet...

Riding a fat-tired e-bike

Believe it or not, I saw the same guy again on Saturday

As we drove past him, I said to D'Wife "Aw, that's just sad" then I thought myself for half a second "Wait!!! I've seen that dude before!!!"
"You have?" she asked "are you sure? When?"
"Not long ago," I answered, knowing full-well that whenever I first saw him would be posted & time-stamped here LOL😎

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Riding down the local MUT last Friday in a relatively secluded area by myself. See a guy stopped on path about 100 yards ahead. As I get closer he starts riding towards me. As I get closer I see it is a haggard looking male riding a mountain bike with a bicycle wheel and tire in each hand. As I get closer I can hear him screaming Mother F'r repeatedly and as I go by he yells you are going to die Mother F'r.

Here is the fun part. The trail ends about a mile ahead and the only practical way to get back is to go back the way I came. I turn around and head back with trepidation and sure enough he has laid down his bike, the two wheels he was carrying, and even taken his seat post and saddle out to block the trail completely. He is watching me come back and is ready and waiting. More screams of I am going to F'n kill you.

I make the decision to go by as fast as possible and give him as wide a berth as possible. The only saving grace is I am on my cyclocross bike which I never ride on the MUT but was ridng only because I just got some new mountain bike shoes and was breaking them in and confirming cleat adjustment. This allowed me to use a fairly wide grassy but very rough area to the right as an escape route. Left was not an option as has a ditch. I accelerated to full speed and went to the right as fast as possible. He dove at me screaming and his hand brushed my left shoulder but I made it by. He chased on foot for a little bit screaming for me to come back so he could kill me but I was able to make my escape.

Called cops and gave a description and location and they said the would call back but never did.
Quote Reply
Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on the run/bike? [SRT-4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THAT is scary! The crazies are out!
I know of some people carrying guns on their rides.
Never understood it, in your case it would have made sense tho.

Living in Florida, we have a lot of interesting encounters with local wildlife.
Gators blocking the trail are a common thing, and you get used to just swerving around them.

I had one instance, where we stopped and filmed, as it looked something was up.
Glad we did, it was too cool! Ever seen a gator poop? Hilarious!!

I don’t know if there’s a way to upload a video here, couldn’t find an option, or I would have shared.
Here’s a screenshot …

I love rim brake bikes!
Quote Reply

Prev Next