Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been giddy this week with a series of bike rides that indicate I've actually added some watts. It feels like I'm producing 160 watts and when I look down it's more like 185. Wow, all that suffering has paid off!

Until I re-calibrated my PM... waaaahhh!

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [chainpin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently ordered my first new bike in 9 years, a fancy di2 disc dream tri bike from a well-respected company. Delivery time was listed as 2-4 weeks from order. Soon after order, company reaches out to confirm size, etc., so I'm feeling good about it. Bike goes on sale a week later and company agrees to match the sale price (which I thought was cool of them).

37 days after order, bike shows up at my house.

Bike does not have Di2, bike is mech ultegra. Call company with delivery guy standing there. Company says they put the order in wrong, apologizes, and says they will have it shipped back, swap the components, and re-send it to me in a couple weeks. Delivery guy puts shiny new bike back in truck and drives away and I am very sad. whahhhhhhhhhh!

Several days later I haven't heard anything else from the company, so I e-mail them to ask them to confirm the plan for fixing this and ask them to provide a new ETA. They say the shipping company will pick up the bike (I refused delivery, so this will be unnecessary) and the components will be swapped. But doesn't provide ETA.

I'm trying to be patient because everybody makes a clerical mistake at work now and then, it's life and generally nobody deserves to get berated or yelled at if they apologize and do their best to fix it (unless maybe you're an air traffic controller or a brain surgeon, then you're screwed). But, I just don't feel like there's any urgency or importance being placed on making this right. I'll be trusting my life to this bike going 40 mph down hills in the rain at some point, and at this point I'm not feeling super confident in the bike itself if this is how sloppily customer service is handled, and I'm wondering if I shouldn't just cancel the whole thing and wait and get a bike with the new 12-speed Di2 groupset in the spring from somewhere else.

Or maybe it's just the pandemic and supply chain issues really are causing problems for everyone and the company is doing their best and I'm just being a little biatch who wants his bike already before it gets cold and rainy here in the midwest! whaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

seriously though, somebody tell me if I'm being a biatch or if I should be worried.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [ehr62] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tired of sliding out/crashing the cross bike. I'm sick of front 1/3 finishes. I want some podiums. Won't happen not taking corners quick.

Part of the suck is laps don't accrue much training stress and I don't have time to lose a ton of fitness doing laps all month long also.

So it's a weird balance of how much skills you want to hold versus how much fitness.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocked up to the pool for my lunch swim, nope. "We're closing due to lightning, and we won't be back open by 1, it's not here but it's coming."

That's a first for me, I've been in a pool when a thunderstorm started and I was told to get out...but never been to a pre-emptive closing.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After two years of delay due to COVID, contracting COVID in August has taken me out of IMWI.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a local sprint triathlon I never get around to registering for, and I should. It's for charity, it is *right* next to my house (it literally couldn't be any closer; the bike course goes right across our street), and seems like fun. So why don't I register? Because it has multiple laps, and I have a personal rule not to register for any events with multiple laps. Few things deflate my motivation more than repeating a lap. So every year I eventually get to this point where I decide I'll make an exception, and then it sells out. Then on a beautiful early fall/late summer day I end up regretting it, and the cycle goes on. Maybe some day I'll learn, or they'll eventually go (back? the laps might be because of construction) to a bike course without three laps.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJ-That sucks. Sorry man. 200 yards. I guess we can all learn that maybe walk fast when walking. If we can.

Congrats on the swim and bike. Those are amazing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next