Hiring Pro/CAT 1 Strava "segment snatchers" to reclaim your KOM

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All  

gtingley

Oct 15, 13 5:56

Post #1 of 53 (3949 views)
Hiring Pro/CAT 1 Strava "segment snatchers" to reclaim your KOM Quote | Reply

hmmm... https://twitter.com/garytingley

http://austin.craigslist.org/bik/4101417809.html

Someone steal your precious KOM??? Trying to impress your lady? Or man? Looking for revenge? No need to fret, Strava monsters is here to help. For a small fee we can reclaim your glory. Who are we you ask??? Group of the finest road and mountain biking legends this town has ever seen. All CAT 1, Road and mountain options available. Email for your free consultation.

How does it work? You will tell us what Segment you would like to have, our professional segment snatchers will go out and bury themselves to claim (or reclaim) your glory!!!!!!!!!

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Posting ID: 4101417809

Posted: 2013-09-30, 6:20PM CDT

Updated: 2013-09-30, 6:20PM CDT

(This post was edited by gtingley on Oct 15, 13 6:19)

TriGirrrrl

Oct 15, 13 5:57

Post #2 of 53 (3942 views)
Re: New trend? Hiring Pro/CAT 1 Strava "segment snatchers" to reclaim your KOM for you. [gtingley] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

possibly the most desperate thing I have seen yet

Fred D

Oct 15, 13 6:07

Post #3 of 53 (3902 views)
Re: New trend? Hiring Pro/CAT 1 Strava "segment snatchers" to reclaim your KOM for you. [TriGirrrrl] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Worse than fins?

Proudly Sponsored by Team ZOOT!
Ceepo Bikes, Garmin, Gu, Fuel Belt, Lake Cycling Shoes,
Bonk Breakers, Smith Sunglasses, TriBike Transport
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't" ~ Jack Dempsey

azurebl911

Oct 15, 13 6:11

Post #4 of 53 (3874 views)
Re: New trend? Hiring Pro/CAT 1 Strava "segment snatchers" to reclaim your KOM for you. [TriGirrrrl] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

TriGirrrrl wrote:
possibly the most desperate thing I have seen yet

Well, only topped by the person who picks up the phone and call these guys...

nslckevin

Oct 15, 13 6:13

Post #5 of 53 (3863 views)
Re: New trend? Hiring Pro/CAT 1 Strava "segment snatchers" to reclaim your KOM for you. [gtingley] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Why not just drive it? Or better yet, set up your bike on a trainer in the back of a pick up truck and have somebody drive you while you pedal so that there is power data. Might not work so well on a twisty descent though. :-)
Kevin

gtingley

Oct 15, 13 6:18

Post #6 of 53 (3846 views)
Re: New trend? Hiring Pro/CAT 1 Strava "segment snatchers" to reclaim your KOM for you. [nslckevin] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

I think its the latter, power data to make it "believable". I've seen some flat course times locally that are questionable, looks like drafting/moto'ing off of of a car could definitely be a factor.

Of course, you could always use "digital EPO" .... or maybe not ... http://www.scarletfire.co.uk/...-to-cheat-on-strava/

TriGirrrrl

Oct 15, 13 6:19

Post #7 of 53 (3825 views)
Re: New trend? Hiring Pro/CAT 1 Strava "segment snatchers" to reclaim your KOM for you. [Fred D] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

yes even worse than fins
we are talking about Strava for fuck's sake

cheating is always wrong but the level of desperation to have a virtual KOM???????

oh a psychotherapists wet dream

TriGirrrrl

Oct 15, 13 6:20

Post #8 of 53 (3818 views)
Re: New trend? Hiring Pro/CAT 1 Strava "segment snatchers" to reclaim your KOM for you. [nslckevin] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

you are way too creative on the cheating thing

I am far too honest - none of this shit would ever occur to me

but of course I do not give a rat's ass about how I compare on strava to anyone but me

apbadger

Oct 15, 13 6:23

Post #9 of 53 (3805 views)
Re: Hiring Pro/CAT 1 Strava "segment snatchers" to reclaim your KOM [gtingley] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Sigh. I know far too many Strava warriors, but hopefully none that would ever reach this low.

mck414

Oct 15, 13 6:24

Post #10 of 53 (3798 views)
Re: Hiring Pro/CAT 1 Strava "segment snatchers" to reclaim your KOM [gtingley] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Jeesuz I hope this is a joke.
--------------------------
Sponsored by Hammer Nutrition and Brooks Running
Altitude Multi Sport

My body tells me no, but I wont quit 'cause I want more

Beachboy

Oct 15, 13 6:26

Post #11 of 53 (3786 views)

Im on the phone right now.....
Only I can bet Me

STP

Oct 15, 13 6:27

Post #12 of 53 (3784 views)

This is a great play on this theme. It is a video produced by Peloton. The theme is they get a "secret" incognito rider to go out and take away a KOM from a real pro. In preparation for the KOM run they outfit him with a bike, equipment and clothing which I assume are paid product placements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5b6-UAPvpg

nslckevin

Oct 15, 13 6:53

Post #13 of 53 (3693 views)
Re: New trend? Hiring Pro/CAT 1 Strava "segment snatchers" to reclaim your KOM for you. [STP] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

STP wrote:
This is a great play on this theme. It is a video produced by Peloton. The theme is they get a "secret" incognito rider to go out and take away a KOM from a real pro. In preparation for the KOM run they outfit him with a bike, equipment and clothing which I assume are paid product placements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5b6-UAPvpg

That's a really funny video!
Kevin

stringcheese

Oct 15, 13 7:15

Post #14 of 53 (3613 views)

Can you say "Franchise"?

I'm on the phone with these guys to lock in the Cedar Rapid's/Iowa City Iowa location.
Of course, I'll need to hire out some Cat 1 guys to make this work.

Give me a call..1-800-KINGME

Making the most of zero talent but plenty of time to train.

roamingseaside

Oct 15, 13 7:15

Post #15 of 53 (3608 views)

From Austin? Is that you L Armstrong?

Power13

Oct 15, 13 7:22

Post #16 of 53 (3568 views)

So what happens when some schmoe in Austin hires these jokers to "win back" his Strava segment and they send out some Pro or Cat 1? They "win back" the segment....but then guy who just "lost" HIS segment calls them up...."Hey, I need you guys to go get this segment back for me." How long before they run out of faster "segment snatchers" who can 1 up themselves? Wink

Burnt Toast

Oct 15, 13 7:34

Post #17 of 53 (3502 views)
Re: Hiring Pro/CAT 1 Strava "segment snatchers" to reclaim your KOM [roamingseaside] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

roamingseaside wrote:

He needs some way to feed his family.

(This post was edited by Burnt Toast on Oct 15, 13 7:34)

Carl Spackler

Oct 15, 13 7:36

Post #18 of 53 (3486 views)
Re: Hiring Pro/CAT 1 Strava "segment snatchers" to reclaim your KOM [Power13] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

They call guys in California, who then smash all the TX cat 1 pretenders.

Trying to decide who is more pathetic: the tools who posted that or the person who would call them.

(This post was edited by Carl Spackler on Oct 15, 13 7:38)

Burnt Toast

Oct 15, 13 7:41

Post #19 of 53 (3451 views)
Re: Hiring Pro/CAT 1 Strava "segment snatchers" to reclaim your KOM [Carl Spackler] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Carl Spackler wrote:

Trying to decide who is more pathetic: the tools who posted that or the person who would call them.

ITs a toss up.

Six of one thing and a half a dozen of the other.

Power13

Oct 15, 13 8:03

Post #20 of 53 (3294 views)
Re: Hiring Pro/CAT 1 Strava "segment snatchers" to reclaim your KOM [Carl Spackler] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Carl Spackler wrote:

LOL...well played.

ZackCapets

Oct 15, 13 8:07

Post #21 of 53 (3264 views)

Carl Spackler wrote:

I don't understand all the negativity directed toward the people that posted that. Lighten up! If it's not a joke it's a hilarious idea and I would gladly set up an NC franchise. If someone is willing to pay you to ride your bike for their Strava gains, the shame is theirs. You are enabling a harmless behavior that pretty much only results in deadweight loss on the part of the fool desperate enough to pay you.

I tweet!

lightheir

Oct 15, 13 8:08

Post #22 of 53 (3249 views)

nslckevin wrote:
Why not just drive it? Or better yet, set up your bike on a trainer in the back of a pick up truck and have somebody drive you while you pedal so that there is power data. Might not work so well on a twisty descent though. :-)

Because it's even easier to use Digital Epo!

http://www.digitalepo.com/

ATC

Oct 15, 13 8:17

Post #23 of 53 (3202 views)

Dont worry everyone, your strava segments are safe. I have good info that it was made in jest, even though the masked riders did apparently get a lot of emails!

-Adam
http://www.austintricyclist.com
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/austintricyclist
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/ATCTriShop

Printer

Oct 15, 13 8:20

Post #24 of 53 (3191 views)
Re: Hiring Pro/CAT 1 Strava "segment snatchers" to reclaim your KOM [ZackCapets] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

ZackCapets wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

I don't understand all the negativity directed toward the people that posted that. Lighten up! If it's not a joke it's a hilarious idea and I would gladly set up an NC franchise. If someone is willing to pay you to ride your bike for their Strava gains, the shame is theirs. You are enabling a harmless behavior that pretty much only results in deadweight loss on the part of the fool desperate enough to pay you.

Zach,

What are you doing later this week?

InWyo

Oct 15, 13 8:24

Post #25 of 53 (3161 views)
Re: Hiring Pro/CAT 1 Strava "segment snatchers" to reclaim your KOM [roamingseaside] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

roamingseaside wrote:

My first thought as well

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All  

New Product Intros
Is there a specific event you most closely associate with new product coverage and intros?
Sea Otter
Eurobike
Interbike
Hawaiian Ironman
I'm oblivious