Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Racing2t2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This might be useful for you:

http://www.treefortbikes.com/...vers-Adjustable.html

WTB: TriRig Omega SV (not x). PM me if you have one :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered on the 4th and I was quoted 15 days + 4 days for shipping on my project one. 3 days ago, they told me it was delayed to arrive on the 29th. Today they told me I have to wait another 7-10 business days. Would it be possible for you to check on the status on my bike? It’s been getting delayed over and over.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [higuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl doesn't work for Trek anymore...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this thread has been mostly questions, but figured I would share a pic of my bike, now that I have a decent one. Still the middle color does not photograph well, it is actually the Radioactive Pink, but never looks it in photos.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyme wrote:
I know this thread has been mostly questions, but figured I would share a pic of my bike, now that I have a decent one. Still the middle color does not photograph well, it is actually the Radioactive Pink, but never looks it in photos.

Nice looking bike!

Chris Thornham
FLO Cycling
FLO Blog | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, suppose I should post that to the Flo show me your wheels forum. Would love brighter colored stickers to closer match bike, but they match fairly well. Was fun to ride this past year, and since it was my first tri-bike, I wanted to do something different.

Got a hell of a deal from my LBS on that Project One (pretty sure he ate most of his profit), but I guess it could also be him compensating me for all the free computer work I had done over the last few years for him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent! Glad to hear you are happy with your new bike.

Ride safe,

Chris Thornham
FLO Cycling
FLO Blog | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to Chris specifically.

Tried searching but didn't get anything - is there any aero data with the speed box? Better with or without? The setup I've got lends itself to not needing it for flat storage- but would keep if aero benefit. I'm guessing not as it is kinda large and wider than the seat tube.

Anyone know or can direct me where this info is posted?
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jnags7 wrote:

Tried searching but didn't get anything - is there any aero data with the speed box? Better with or without? The setup I've got lends itself to not needing it for flat storage- but would keep if aero benefit. I'm guessing not as it is kinda large and wider than the seat tube.

Thanks!

IIRC there's a white paper that has all sorts of data (with and withough speed box, Speed fin, UCI vs non UCI, etc). I think I remember there being a minimal difference if any whether it was on or not.

Can't remember where I found that white paper though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IIRC the mk1 was the same with and without the box. The current one is slightly better with the draft box and little bit more than that for the fin. Not earth shattering reductions in drag but worth it if the rules you ride under allow it.

As above, hunt out the white paper for the details.

Making aero easier at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this looks like it - http://online.fliphtml5.com/xelj/izjq/#p=26

page 26/27 for the draft box
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That’s the one thanks. That and the Madone one are good read. While we’re on aero stuff, Flo’s blog is tip top too. http://flocycling.blogspot.co.uk/...h/label/Aerodynamics

Making aero easier at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jnags7 wrote:

Thanks!

I did not check out the document that was linked to, but my understanding is that it is better with the "draft box", and that with the speedbox on the top tube it is pretty much the same or better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tyme wrote:

What is that cycling computer mount? I've been looking for one I could use with torpedo.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Bumbabambuee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumbabambuee wrote:
tyme wrote:

What is that cycling computer mount? I've been looking for one I could use with torpedo.

It came with my XLabs kit. I believe it is the one below.
https://xlab-usa.com/...-computer-mount.html

They also have the 2 below.
https://xlab-usa.com/space-saver.html (Looks like it replaces the standard straw retention device on top of the bottle)
https://xlab-usa.com/...-computer-mount.html (If you have the Versa mount I believe this is the one made for use with it)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if it is safe to move the SC elbow pads in so far that there is only one screw holding them down? Any other solutions for getting elbows all the way in?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [lanierb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use different pads... Zipp Vuka work fine and tririg ergo as well. I had both, I just installed the tririg ones and they are super nice. I have them close enough to fit a bottle cage in between and I could use three bolts if needed. The bottom of the pads is pretty flat and the tririg pads have a ton of holes to choose from.
I would not ride with only one bolt in there
Last edited by: sp1ke: Dec 16, 17 8:05
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sp1ke wrote:
Use different pads... Zipp Vuka work fine and tririg ergo as well. I had both, I just installed the tririg ones and they are super nice. I have them close enough to fit a bottle cage in between and I could use three bolts if needed. The bottom of the pads is pretty flat and the tririg pads have a ton of holes to choose from.
I would not ride with only one bolt in there
Do you think it's possible to get the tririg ones so they touch in the middle? That's basically what I'm aiming for.
Quote Reply

Prev Next