Quantcast
    MAIN INDEX RULES & LEGEND LOG IN  

Slowtwitch Forums: Triathlon Forum:
Official Speed Concept Owners Thread

First page Previous page 1 ... 282 283 284 285 286 Next page Last page  View All  

zachboring

Oct 17, 14 11:32

Post #7126 of 7138 (539 views)
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

2.5 mm. Game over. That ruins everything. ;)

-Zach
#TRSDraft Hopeful
Generally OK Guy

(This post was edited by zachboring on Oct 17, 14 11:33)

zachboring

Oct 20, 14 13:08

Post #7127 of 7138 (476 views)
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [zachboring] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Anyone have a low near stem available for the first generation speed concept?

-Zach
#TRSDraft Hopeful
Generally OK Guy

sentania

Oct 27, 14 11:20

Post #7128 of 7138 (321 views)
Gen 1 Stem [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Carl -

It looks like the Gen1 stems are no longer for sale on the website? Or do I need to head to a shop to have them order me one?

When breaking down my bike for a race a bit ago I noticed that my stem is suffering from some really bad corrosion and it's probably a good idea to replace it.

Team RACC | scottbowe.com

"no matt...your FTP is never high enough, there is always room for improvement." - jonnyo

Carl

Oct 27, 14 11:23

Post #7129 of 7138 (316 views)
Re: Gen 1 Stem [sentania] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

A dealer should have no trouble ordering one up...all sizes in stock.

Carl Matson
Trek Bicycles
Design Engineer - Speed

grad98cofc

Oct 27, 14 21:13

Post #7130 of 7138 (272 views)

Carl,

I lost my barrel nut too when I shipped my bike. How can I get a replacement without buying the whole wedge assembly?
Seems silly to buy a $30 wedge for a $.50 piece......

Carl

Oct 28, 14 4:10

Post #7131 of 7138 (231 views)
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [grad98cofc] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

If it were a part at high risk of loss or damage, it might be stocked separately...but the seatpost wedge needs to be completely disassembled in order for that nut to come free, and disassembly isn't necessary for wedge function.

The barrel nut design didn't change when the rest of the the wedge design did (from the original 11Nm version to the improved 7.2Nm version), so it's possible that a Trek dealer or another original SC owner might have that first-generation wedge sitting around and you could scavange the part from that.

On the off chance that your wedge is in fact the original 11Nm version, you can get it replaced with the new one under warranty.

Carl Matson
Trek Bicycles
Design Engineer - Speed

grad98cofc

Oct 28, 14 7:19

Post #7132 of 7138 (202 views)

I have have the 7.2Nm version. I checked with my local Trwk dealer, they don't have any.
Anyone on the board have an extra one laying around?
My only other option is to buy the whole wedge assembly.

There is a high risk of loss for this part, clearly.

grad98cofc

Oct 28, 14 13:42

Post #7133 of 7138 (183 views)

Carl wrote:
ah...my mistake (reading too fast)...you need the barrel nut I take it, not the bolt. PM me your particulars and let's see what I can find.

Please, can someone help me out? Carl???

I just need the barrel nut. I've been to 4 bike shops - all Trek dealers, none of them have this in stock. I even went to ACE hardware, but it's clearly some proprietary Trek size.

mark.aroneck@gmail.com

Carl

Oct 28, 14 15:43

Post #7134 of 7138 (155 views)
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [grad98cofc] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

nice quote! roughly 3yrs ago is when the changeover happened and I had several wedges & parts within arm's reach...that's not the case anymore. the gentleman you quoted ended up going to a dealer who had one of the old ones and swapped out the nut for him.

it's not surprising the dealers wouldn't have a wedge (new or old) in stock...it's not a high demand item anymore. that said, the new version is in stock (W311236) and could be to any one of those dealers in a few days.

Carl Matson
Trek Bicycles
Design Engineer - Speed

grad98cofc

Oct 28, 14 15:51

Post #7135 of 7138 (148 views)

I'm sure they could.
My point is I don't need the whole damn wedge, and think it's really unfair that I have to pay $30 for a 59 cent barrel nut.

Carl

Oct 29, 14 8:21

Post #7136 of 7138 (109 views)

you're in luck...I dug into the dark corners of my parts bins and managed to find one. PM me your shipping info and I'll have it on the way today.

Carl Matson
Trek Bicycles
Design Engineer - Speed

grad98cofc

Oct 29, 14 8:36

Post #7137 of 7138 (96 views)
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] (Deleted by grad98cofc) [In reply to]

grad98cofc

Oct 29, 14 13:25

Post #7138 of 7138 (79 views)

Carl wrote:
you're in luck...I dug into the dark corners of my parts bins and managed to find one. PM me your shipping info and I'll have it on the way today.

Thanks Carl, you've been extremely kind!

First page Previous page 1 ... 282 283 284 285 286 Next page Last page  View All  

Your Video
If you had a video of your best race ever, how often would you have watched it?
Never
1 or 2 times
Between 3 and 10
Between 10 and 50
Heck, probably hundreds