Quantcast
    MAIN INDEX RULES & LEGEND LOG IN  

Slowtwitch Forums: Triathlon Forum:
Official Speed Concept Owners Thread

First page Previous page 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 Next page Last page  View All  

nebeachbum

Jul 21, 14 11:09

Post #7001 of 7009 (281 views)
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Switching from a shiv to a speed concept......... having bike envy watching my friend roll around on his 9 series all summer so i am taking the plunge!

Time frame on a 9 series project 1 build?
Any changes with 2015 frame or components?

Thanks in advance
if it looks fast it is fast

Carl

Jul 21, 14 11:17

Post #7002 of 7009 (275 views)
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [nebeachbum] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Time frame very dependent on your choices with respect to components and paint...so no easy answer there. Create something through the configurator on the P1 website and see what your Trek dealer says about lead time.

Colors & components (groupsets) often change to keep up with the times and consumer trends, so it's likely you'll see some differences there between 2014 & 2015 bikes. Platform is only about a year old, so I'd say frame-level changes are unlikely.

Carl Matson
Trek Bicycles
Design Engineer - Speed

nebeachbum

Jul 21, 14 11:39

Post #7003 of 7009 (266 views)
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Carl thanks for fast response will follow up with LBS, i am looking a DA 9070 Di2, can't see that really changing to much over next 6 months?
if it looks fast it is fast

Carl

Jul 21, 14 11:53

Post #7004 of 7009 (263 views)
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [nebeachbum] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

No idea if 9070 is changing. What can change is availability of 9070, or any other component choice. That's where it's sometimes nice to do this in person with a dealer (could be kind of involved...some dealers may want you to make an appointment), because then in near-real-time you/they can see the effects of making changes here and there.

Carl Matson
Trek Bicycles
Design Engineer - Speed

CDriver

Jul 21, 14 12:19

Post #7005 of 7009 (255 views)

FYI, my friend and I both ordered P1... his DA Di2 with stock paint was quoted as 50 days lead time. My P1 Ultegra Di2 with custom paint was quoted at 45 days and is actually coming about a week early according to my LBS.
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, Garmin, Ceepo, Smith Optics, Lake Cycling, GU, Bonk Breakers, FuelBelt

Jorge M

Jul 22, 14 14:22

Post #7006 of 7009 (200 views)

Carl,

I recently bought a SC 7.5; per the SC size charts PDF file from Trek I ordered the size S with a medium/near stem. My #s are:
Arm pad reach - 495mm
Arm pad stack - 580mm
Base bar stack - 550mm
Base bar reach - 530mm

Everything looks great except I don't know how o get the bars low enough to match my current bike fit numbers (Felt DA) to match my saddle/bars drop to 13cm. I did a Google sreach and looked in The Trek website for the Speed Concept Manual (pdf format) and I am assuming that with the stem I have there is no way I can adjust and I may need a different stem and spacers for the bars? Below is a pic of the stem that came with the bike, not sure how to determine if it is the medium/near and if it is but can't adjust it, I need to contact my LBS asap to get a different stem. Thanks for your help!

Jorge Martinez
Head Coach - Sports Science
E3 Training Solutions, LLC
@CoachJorgeM

Carl

Jul 22, 14 14:45

Post #7007 of 7009 (193 views)
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Jorge M] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

stock 7.5 in Small comes with a medium-near stem and that's what you've got pictured. the lowest it goes for pad stack is 600mm and that's only with the lowest monospacer, 15mm. stock spacer on the 7.5 is the 25mm, if I remember correctly.

to get down to 580 (and keep your pad reach in range) you need the low-far stem and the 35mm monospacer (and the 5mm pad wing spacer). the stem is PN 436146 and the 35mm monospacer is w326502.

Carl Matson
Trek Bicycles
Design Engineer - Speed

Jorge M

Jul 22, 14 15:15

Post #7008 of 7009 (183 views)

Thanks!

Jorge Martinez
Head Coach - Sports Science
E3 Training Solutions, LLC
@CoachJorgeM

Woodyvalentine

Jul 26, 14 11:25

Post #7009 of 7009 (75 views)
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Jorge M] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Hey Carl,

Is there any chance that the 7 series will come in UCI legal version?

Thanks.

First page Previous page 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 Next page Last page  View All  

Draft legal AG Sprint WC
The ITU has just announced that starting 2016 its age group Sprint WC will be draft legal. Do you welcome this change?
Yes, but never for Oly distance
Yes, for both Sprint and Oly
No
I'm withholding judgment