Quantcast
    MAIN INDEX RULES & LEGEND LOG IN  

Slowtwitch Forums: Triathlon Forum:
Official Speed Concept Owners Thread

First page Previous page 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 Next page Last page  View All  

shelgemo

Nov 12, 14 7:23

Post #7151 of 7158 (267 views)
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

I continue to have problems with the lid for my draft box coming off when hitting bumps. I have the replacement lid (not original). I lost my tire lever in a race last weekend, but fortunately had no flat. Any ideas to secure? Is a better solution in the works?

Carl

Nov 12, 14 7:29

Post #7152 of 7158 (262 views)
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [shelgemo] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Those who had this issue with the original lid used tape, I believe. It remains to be seen if the rate of occurrence on the new lid approaches that of the old one...and that would depend on all claims, not just the ones here on Slowtwitch.

Carl Matson
Trek Bicycles
Design Engineer - Speed

shelgemo

Nov 12, 14 9:42

Post #7153 of 7158 (245 views)

should i post something and ask who else has had problems or talk to trek? my dealer said that i'm not alone with that problem (lid of draft box coming off- even with "improved" version)

Carl

Nov 12, 14 9:46

Post #7154 of 7158 (244 views)
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [shelgemo] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

posting here does nothing to get it recorded in our warranty & service system...only working with your dealer does that.

Carl Matson
Trek Bicycles
Design Engineer - Speed

Mexpedip

Nov 12, 14 10:10

Post #7155 of 7158 (239 views)

Next question: I want to buy the Garmin Vector for my SC 9.9. I don't have the bike yet but would like to order asap so the everything arrives around the same time. What size Vectors do I order? 12-15 mm spindle with 38 or 44mm pod or the 15-18mm spindle with the 44 mm pod? I cannot find the information anywhere and yes I have actually looked.

DA FC-9000 cranks, 170mm.

Thanks Carl.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, 'WOO HOO, what a ride!' author unknown

fishgo

Nov 12, 14 13:44

Post #7156 of 7158 (202 views)

Carl: Sizing question per the SC Fit chart.

Current measurements from a 2008 P3 size 58:

BB to back of aerobar pads: 446 (center of pad = 486)
Armpad Stack: 675 (aggressive) to 695 (moderate) -- I'd prefer the fit range using the spacer options only, not a change of stem. Change of spacer depending upon length of race. Electronic shifting so cable changes would be simplified.
Basebar height: 619 (can go +/- 2cm without issue)
Saddle height 796.

My saddle is an SMP PRO, so a little longer nose and I sit further back on the saddle, so the saddle sits pretty far forward on the existing clamp.

The chart seems to fit best for an XL frame and medium far stem. I'm only 6' tall but have a taller saddle height due to 165mm cranks. I'm not at the extremes of leg length as my inseam is 32".

Does this seem right?

Carl

Nov 12, 14 14:26

Post #7157 of 7158 (192 views)
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Mexpedip] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

for the relevant crank dimensions to plug into Garmin's picker tool, I get 13mm and 40mm on the 9000 cranks.

Carl Matson
Trek Bicycles
Design Engineer - Speed

Carl

Nov 12, 14 14:36

Post #7158 of 7158 (186 views)
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [fishgo] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Your plan to have a 2cm pad stack range and doing so without changing stems is the only reason you're in the XL portion of the chart...nothing else about your fit or other measurements would have made me think anything beyond a Large. If you stick with that plan I might suggest going with the medium-near stem vs the medium far...both can hit your fit, but your pad reach is closer to the heart of the medium-near's range than the medium-far's.

Carl Matson
Trek Bicycles
Design Engineer - Speed

First page Previous page 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 Next page Last page  View All  

Swimming
Now that it's off season, are you shutting it down for a couple of months? Or will you swim through the Winter?
Shutting it down
Swim thru Winter
I don't swim