Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl, two quick questions...
1. Is there a hard copy of the 2nd gen speed concept service manual thats available to purchase? (Have pdf just want a real manual)

2. Can you show me a pic with the sc on a workstand using these adapters?
Pn 403494
Pn 416101
Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Box [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a quick one Carl.

Is there any appreciable difference between the Aeolus 5 and 7 tubular as a front wheel on a current gen SC? I'm pretty small so the 5 would be nice if it isn't much slower than the 7, plus the 5 is on special at the moment!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

Is there anyway to buy the SC decal kit? I have a 2011 which is out of warranty and that I'm the second owner of that I want to custom paint with the new stencil/decal kit?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) No hardcopy for purchase...got a printer? If not, I imagine the local library, or a print store, or maybe even your Trek dealer might be able to print out that pdf for you.

2) Pretty simple...for workstands that don't open far enough to grab the SC seatpost, the stand grabs 403494, and you have the 416101 inserts in there to match the SC (or Equinox TTX...same shape) post profile. 402494 comes with inserts for round seatmast bikes like the Emonda & Domane...416101 is purchased separately.

Carl Matson
Trek Bicycles
Design Engineer - Speed
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Box [TheFisher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't have any in-bike data on those wheels with the current bike...the D3 wheel line was developed some 5yrs earlier. General trend with this style of wheel is better performance with deeper sections at higher yaw. For head to head data wheel-only, see page 18 of the D3 development white paper.

Carl Matson
Trek Bicycles
Design Engineer - Speed
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Tall_Coffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm afraid not...the SC decals aren't an adhesive-backed "external" system...they're applied in a wet-slide process on the base paint layer and then clearcoated over. If you search on the forum I'm sure you can find one or more folks who have been able to take graphics files and do custom vinyl decals.

Carl Matson
Trek Bicycles
Design Engineer - Speed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, Carl. What are the part numbers for the rubber grommets on the front brake fairing and also for the fairing (M)?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [sooners175] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
which version of the bike...the original, or the current?

Carl Matson
Trek Bicycles
Design Engineer - Speed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, current (2014).
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [sooners175] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the medium brake cover is W326645...the small rubber plugs are not sold separately, they're part of bolt kit 437032. it's possible that a dealer (or another SC owner) would've bought that kit to replace something else and would have those plugs left over.

Carl Matson
Trek Bicycles
Design Engineer - Speed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Carl!
Quote Reply

Prev Next