Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a source for a complete screw/bolt kit for the SC? most importantly, all the bolts for the aerobars.
after only 2 years of use I find they're starting to rust a bit.
Last edited by: srschick: Feb 15, 17 8:04
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [srschick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are you asking about a gen1 SC? that's just a little over a page back in this thread.

Carl Matson
Trek Bicycles
R&D Engineer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2015 7.5
Would my LBS be able to get the set? or would it be a really complicated piecemeal process?
Last edited by: srschick: Feb 15, 17 9:21
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [srschick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
437027 is the handlebar bolt kit for the gen2 bike, easy for any dealer to order. Currently out of stock in domestic warehouses but ETA is just a few days away (20FEB).

Carl Matson
Trek Bicycles
R&D Engineer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Will a 28mm rear tire fit a 2015 Gen 2 SC? I have been having a hard time finding info on this, sorry if this is readily available and thank you in advance!

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TennesseeJed wrote:

Will a 28mm rear tire fit a 2015 Gen 2 SC? I have been having a hard time finding info on this, sorry if this is readily available and thank you in advance!

I ran a 25 mm Conti TT on a wide Hed Jet disc with no issues with clearance, and that is a big tire. Depending on the rim I would think it would work.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi TennesseeJed

Best I can do is say not all 28mm tires measure the same...so it depends. Also, we designed for a 25mm tire and associated clearance (wheel wobble, etc) so if everything else in the system is nominal you've got a better chance...but no guarantees.

Carl Matson
Trek Bicycles
R&D Engineer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
Hi TennesseeJed

Best I can do is say not all 28mm tires measure the same...so it depends. Also, we designed for a 25mm tire and associated clearance (wheel wobble, etc) so if everything else in the system is nominal you've got a better chance...but no guarantees.

Thank you Carl... I will give it a try. I have an old 28mm conti 2000GP that I am planning on throwing on my trainer wheel for indoor riding only. I wanted to ask first in case I should be making a stop on the way home to pick up a trainer tire, but it sounds like there is a chance it will work. TY.
Quote Reply

Prev Next