Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear you've had woes. I've not seen the fork cracking issue myself, or with other SCs I've worked on.

The bearings are a bit on the small side but that's what happens when you've got a narrow head tube. The only thing I would suggest is careful checking for alignment of the 'steerer' , installation of the bearings and preloading. It's the same as a road bike, just a bit more finicky.

Making aero easier at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine is a 2011 SC9 as well. I have gone through a few of the stems, but knock on wood, so far the fork hasn't cracked. I did replace the headset bearings for the first time ever about 3 months ago, and they were literally disintegrated, but came out and new ones pressed in easily.
My only complaint about the frameset (not including the stems that crack) is my BB shell no longer holds the standard size bearing, which I guess is a known manufacturing defect, but they won't replace the frame for that. Have to use an oversized bearing.
I miss the old screw in outboard BB's... :(
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2014 SC 7.0. In installing the 6770 Di2 FD do I need to install a frame protector pad? The braze on bracket extends far enough that I think I don't need to. Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Yeti racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm having to cast my mind back now... I'm fairly sure the mech hanger is designed to be a suitable base without the pad.

Making aero easier at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I need to pick up replacement headset bearings for my 2G Speend Concept. I found the Trek part numbers in the Service Manual, but I want to know the generic bearing type so I can order online. Anyone have an idea? Thanks,
Dave
Quote Reply

Prev Next