Login required to post replies

First Annual Italian PowerCranks Reunion
Quote | Reply

Where: Cecina (LI) - Tuscany

When: February 22, 23 and 24, 2008

Hotel: www.labucadelgatto.com

Hotel Price: 45 Euros day including breakfast and dinner

Organized by: Andrew

Supported ride on Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. For those who cannot bring their bikes, arrangements will be made to have one available.

There will be PowerCranks on hand for those attending who want to give them a try; please inform me about length and BB type on your bike.

Friday and Saturday night there will be discussions on training protocols by Dr. Andrea Morelli of Mapei Sport Service and a discussion on bike positioning/bio-mechanics by both Fulvio Pugliese or Ergomotion Center and Andrea Morelli of Mapei Sport Service.

We are expecting between 1 and 3 Pro Tour riders that live in Tuscany and who train on PowerCranks to join us for the Saturday ride and share their experiences about life in the Pro Tour, training and their integration of PowerCranks in their off-season and in-season training.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to PM or reply to this post.

We are planning a French and a Spanish PowerCranks reunion later this year towards the end of the season.

******* ********* ********* ****** ****** ******* ***************** ********** ************* **************** - Line purposely deleted to make Fredly Happy ;)!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by: PC Andrew: Feb 7, 08 11:27
Quote Reply
Re: First Annual Italian PowerCranks Reunion [PC Andrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice hotel and great price! I plan to be nearby on business and would like to attend the ride.
how does local bike rental work? it would be good to meet people and get a work-out in.

gotrime
-
the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step or swim or bike
Quote Reply
Re: First Annual Italian PowerCranks Reunion [gotrime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let me know what size frame you need and I am sure we can get something set-up for you. You would be of course responsible for bringing your own pedals and shoes which I just remembered I forgot to ship there last week with my bikes. Also let me know if you want your bike set-up with PC's or just regular cranks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there,

I will be very glad to join you and meet you in Toscana and have some nice discussion on PowerCranks.

See you there

Joaquin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll bash it. First, I can't be there and, second, if I could, I wouldn't have a clue what anyone is talking about in that strange language where they use their hands as much as their tongues. :-) So there. :-)

Anyhow, my understanding as to how this came about is there have been some pretty intense PC discussions on an Italian forum that Andrew hangs out at. People started challenging each other to their PC abilities and this little get together eventually ensued. Apparently about 25 PC'ers are going to be there and a few non-PC'ers who want to see what they are all about. Sounds like people are challenging each other to pedaling up this mountain one legged, etc. For those who speak Italian I am sure Andrew can give you the details of this forum if you want to see what has been going on over there.

Anyhow, sounds like fun. And, 45 Euros for this hotel room (including meals) sounds like a really good deal.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey, this is a GREAT idea. Me and all my buddies use (insert product here) and have made major improvements in our abilities! I can't wait meet everyone at (insert event here) and talk about how great (insert product here) is.
Quote Reply
Re: First Annual Italian PowerCranks Reunion [acronym] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Acronym, I can tell you that 4-5 participants have not seen great results and are having a very difficult time and they are attending to discuss with other athletes of similar abilities the how to's.
The idea behind this was to get the users together and discuss in a group their experiences!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew, are you going to be able to post info from some of this great sharing info knowledge? I still cannot figure out how riding the
PC's has helped my biking. Running, love them. But, other then I just need to keep putting time on them, would be great to
hear the comments about what having a very difficult time means and any possible changes, improvements, etc might be suggested
from the folks who are having a very easy time with them. Smile

Thanks

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: First Annual Italian PowerCranks Reunion [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave,
I am planning on taping/filming all of discussion and then having the data as a downloadable file on our website; you will have to be patient as it will take me quite sometime to translate it into English.
Just remember that there are athletes out there that have adapted to them much faster than most Pro's have. I know of a few pro's that are only able to ride them no more than 30-45 minutes, while there are some AG's that are doing 3-4 hour workout on indoor trainer - my compliment to those.
I will make sure to share individual stories as this group has adapted under our getting started page on the website; but yet again I will need time to translate it all.
Or if you want, just get yourself a plane ticket and come there in person at which time I will translate for you on the spot.

Andrew

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do not want to push my luck on planes. Just made them for Boston so one trip at a time. Smile

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks... it's 53 x 55 top tube and yes with powercranks if possible - I want to make it count!
Are the rental bikes in Italy Italian? ;-)

gotrime
-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Thanks... it's 53 x 55 top tube and yes with powercranks if possible - I want to make it count!
Are the rental bikes in Italy Italian? ;-)
Ok, I have a 49x55 with sloping top tube that we can use. Please pm me crank length and stem length so I can have it semi set-up for when you show up.
I just got invited to ride Isola d'Elba on Friday morning. If you are interested we are meeting at the ferry terminal in Piombino at 8:30 and I can have the bike there for you.
Don't forget the shoes, pedals and brain bucket.

Ciao!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No such thing as "first annual"...

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Re: First Annual Italian PowerCranks Reunion [LazyEP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
No such thing as "first annual"...
Sure there is if the intent is to have an annual event.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I cannot do Friday morning :-(
but I plan to make other rides.
172.5mm for cranklength will be fine.
Ciao also.

gotrime
-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, we will see you on Saturday morning. You bike will be set-up in the meeting room that the hotel is letting us use to store bikes and trainers. If you get there after we leave, there will be a map of the figure 8 course that we are riding in the morning. Should you have any questions, please feel free to pm me.

Quote Reply