Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Those who use S-Works Turbo Cottons for racing [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh. :-( balls!
You don't think you could squeeze a 24 in there?
So you running 23 Conti 4000 on the front then?
Maybe I should just stick with the supersonics then.
Always good to know they fit before you blow $200 ish on a set of tires!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Those who use S-Works Turbo Cottons for racing [Phil Hodson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, 24 would be tight assuming TC's fit like conti - a little wide. I'd be worried about picking up a pebble and wedging in there.
Quote Reply
Re: Those who use S-Works Turbo Cottons for racing [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think I will stick with what I have then. Maybe increase a little on the rear.

Phil
Quote Reply
Re: Those who use S-Works Turbo Cottons for racing [Phil Hodson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the necropost, but what IS the conclusion of this thread??? I'm currently running 23mm GP4000S II for road racing. I have a set of 23mm Corsa Speeds on standby. Should I switch to the Corsas? Or should I go back to racing Turbo Cottons?
Last edited by: cmeeks: Jun 28, 16 19:50
Quote Reply
Re: Those who use S-Works Turbo Cottons for racing [cmeeks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cmeeks wrote:
Sorry for the necropost, but what IS the conclusion of this thread??? I'm currently running 23mm GP4000S II for road racing. I have a set of 23mm Corsa Speeds on standby. Should I switch to the Corsas? Or should I go back to racing Turbo Cottons?

Why Turbo Cottons? They have been shown to be slower aerowise and no faster than the SS.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Those who use S-Works Turbo Cottons for racing [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's why I'm asking. Assume low yaw (which is generally the case in road racing anyway). Actually, assume one of the three tires mentioned. Which would you pick for road racing???

A. 700x23 GP 4000S II (I currently race and train on this tire - it has been reliable as hell)
B. 700x23 Corsa Speed (Own it, but never installed)
C. 700x24 Turbo Cotton (I've raced on this in the past. It feels fast, but doesn't feel as grippy as 4000S II in the turns. Plus it cost more $ and doesn't last as long as 4000S II)
Last edited by: cmeeks: Jun 29, 16 6:27
Quote Reply
Re: Those who use S-Works Turbo Cottons for racing [cmeeks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cmeeks wrote:
That's why I'm asking. Assume low yaw (which is generally the case in road racing anyway). Actually, assume one of the three tires mentioned. Which would you pick for road racing???

A. 700x23 GP 4000S II (I currently race and train on this tire - it has been reliable as hell)
B. 700x23 Corsa Speed (Own it, but never installed)
C. 700x24 Turbo Cotton (I've raced on this in the past. It feels fast, but doesn't feel as grippy as 4000S II in the turns. Plus it cost more $ and doesn't last as long as 4000S II)

I would choose neither, I would personally go with the SS. If I didn't run an SS on the back I would go with the new 25mm GPTT>

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Those who use S-Works Turbo Cottons for racing [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I TT on SS front, GP TT rear and road race on the vittoria corsa speeds (tubeless). I was road racing on the vittoria corsa g+ in 25c, but the rr tests of the speeds compelled me to make the switch. TC gives up too much aero for TTs, but makes a fine road race tire.

GP4k is an awesome training tire - still working through those on other bikes, but don't race them any longer.
Quote Reply

Prev Next