Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cozumel kona slot breakdown? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Right now with so many races it really depends on who shows up for so few slots. Make things deeper "head to head" racing and you also restore real proportionality and everyone wins.
Isn't AWA Gold supposed to be the top of the field? Next you know, AG KPR for everyone else who didn't finish first in their race. No more lucking into deep roll-downs.
Quote Reply
Re: Cozumel kona slot breakdown? [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
uucee wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
Slots: 40

AG Starters: 1518
A sold-out Cozumel had 1518 starters and a sold-out Arizona had 2596 starters. Yet both will have 40 slots next year. Interesting math.

And Weymouth will prob have less than 1000 starters (and not that many aged AGers) for 40 slots. It's not about the maths or about popularity of the event. It's just the way it is, and with only a small number of KQ slots knocking around after the mandatory AG=min 1 slot, there's not much left for WTC to do besides scrapping the existing system

Think Weymouth will get 1500+ eventually, its a bit more accessible than IM Wales for the southern england contingent & course is 'softer' (& faster) for the newbies. Also, only has 30 slots remember... I suspect it'll get super competitive for kona slots, unusual for any euro race in late season not to be.
Quote Reply
Re: Cozumel kona slot breakdown? [Honey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honey wrote:
uucee wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
Slots: 40

AG Starters: 1518
A sold-out Cozumel had 1518 starters and a sold-out Arizona had 2596 starters. Yet both will have 40 slots next year. Interesting math.

THIS is what I have trouble reconciling. Each race should allot the one per Sex/AG; then based on the NUMBER OF STARTERS IN EACH AG; the total number of Kona slots should be handed out . Why should IM Fortaleza get the same # of slots as IMAZ.......think that 6 women finished in my AG (W45-49)

A high number of starters does not necessarily mean a highly competitive field. Take a look at the top four M40-44 at COZ: 9:13, 9:21, 9:28, 9:32. Too lazy to do the statistics, but I'd wager that there are a higher percentage "participants" (i.e., people just looking to finish rather than race) at the big races like AZ and FL than at many of the races that don't sell out. Therefore, I'd suggest that AZ doesn't merit anymore slots than COZ.
Quote Reply
Re: Cozumel kona slot breakdown? [deh20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wind was WICKED bad this year. the worst i've experienced in 6 years of doing the race. much worse than last year (which was a "bad" year).

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Re: Cozumel kona slot breakdown? [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kathy_caribe wrote:
wind was WICKED bad this year. the worst i've experienced in 6 years of doing the race. much worse than last year (which was a "bad" year).
--------------------------------------------
gee, i'm very glad to see this. it makes me feel a lot better about my bike time sunday. thanks for this upper for my day.
peggy
Quote Reply

Prev Next