Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best open TT races in Europe
Quote | Reply
I'm based in Switzerland and want to do some large scale TT's next year. Do any of you guys have some suggestions? My bike is UCI illegal so it cannot be a UCI sanctioned event.
One race I did this year was the King of the Lake in Austria, amazing race on a closed course. I know that there are several events in the UK but I preferably go by car so France, Germany, Benelux and Austria would be feasible.

Thank you for the advice!
Quote Reply
Re: Best open TT races in Europe [datomakin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
King of lake this year was really fantastic, much better than UWTC TT in Hobro. Dif we meat on Friday night in the hotel restaurant? My wife won the ITT.

Anyway, the 123km Monster TT in Almere, Netherlands is quite big and very special.

In May there is a TT on the Lausitz-Ring in Germany. Usually over 300 participants on a 7km out door track without UCI rules.

On May or June is a nice TT in Salzmünden, Germany with around 300 participants.

Our club organizes the Bavarian state TT championships on May 7 2016 in Weiden with a Hobby class, i.e. no UCI rules enforced.

If you have 3 friends you could do the BMW TTT in September on the BMW test oval near Munich. There are usually around 40 teams.
Quote Reply
Re: Best open TT races in Europe [BergHügi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, we did indeed meet in the hotel the evening before the race. It's a small world. Your wife was amazing, I was really impressed. I was only able to stay a few seconds in front of her...

Thank you for the great advice. The Monster TT is a little too long for me and I also heard it's UCI sanctioned. I will probably join the Salzmünden and Weiden events instead. Please let me know if you know any other events for next year.

Good luck and see you around a race somewhere next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quick question - where can I find information on the races in Baayern / Germany?
I am based in Munich and would be very interested in joining.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Best open TT races in Europe [Pjorsen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pjorsen wrote:
Quick question - where can I find information on the races in Baayern / Germany?

Thanks

I don’t know a single place with this information. The German TT scene is not organized like the testers in the UK. My wife and I belong to the "South German TT scene" for some years; we just know the established TTs and their organizers. In November and December are the race date conferences of BRV and BDR (state and federal cycling bodies) exact race dates are fixed only thereafter. Write me a personal message (and remind me in January) with your email address and I can send you a (incomplete) list of TTs in South Germany and Austria in 2016.

Here are TTs I am pretty sure will take place 2016, just use Google to find an appropriate link:

Tag der Arbeit, Weiden
Jedermannzeitfahren, Rednitzhembach
Einzelzeitfahren für Jedermann im Saaletal, Salzmünde
LAUSITZ-MARATHON, Dekra-Testoval Kettwitz
Offene Landkreismeisterschaft Straubing-Bogen, Straubing
Rund um den Vilstalstausee, Dingolfing
Contre la Montre, Bayreuth
King of the Lake, Attersee, Austria

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BergHügi wrote:
Pjorsen wrote:

Thanks

I don’t know a single place with this information. The German TT scene is not organized like the testers in the UK. My wife and I belong to the "South German TT scene" for some years; we just know the established TTs and their organizers. In November and December are the race date conferences of BRV and BDR (state and federal cycling bodies) exact race dates are fixed only thereafter. Write me a personal message (and remind me in January) with your email address and I can send you a (incomplete) list of TTs in South Germany and Austria in 2016.

Here are TTs I am pretty sure will take place 2016, just use Google to find an appropriate link:

Tag der Arbeit, Weiden
Jedermannzeitfahren, Rednitzhembach
Einzelzeitfahren für Jedermann im Saaletal, Salzmünde
LAUSITZ-MARATHON, Dekra-Testoval Kettwitz
Offene Landkreismeisterschaft Straubing-Bogen, Straubing
Rund um den Vilstalstausee, Dingolfing
Contre la Montre, Bayreuth
King of the Lake, Attersee, Austria

Hi BergHügi

Happy New Year and good luck for you and your wife in 2016!

I'm writing you concerning the race calendar for 2016. Could you send me some recommendations for good open races in Southern Germany and Western Austria? I'm looking for some events in April and then July and August.

My e-mail is datomakin(at)hotmail.com

Thank you in advance!

Tom
Quote Reply