Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Would this sock help with my "hot foot" while cycling?
Quote | Reply
So when I ride my bike, especially on longer hotter rides, I get a "hot foot". I have read the other posts on this subject and still have not found any relief.

I was wondering if using a CEP Compression sock would help or hurt this problem. Anyone have any experience or advice on trying this?
Quote Reply
Re: Would this sock help with my "hot foot" while cycling? [sfdhoseman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Re sock:only if it takes up less volume in your shoe-hot foot almost always caused by pressure across metatarsals-trying riding with front buckles/laces loosened way off -or better yet try pair of wider shoes.
Quote Reply
Re: Would this sock help with my "hot foot" while cycling? [sfdhoseman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hot foot is usually caused by a shoe that is too narrow or doesn't have enough volume for your foot.

Instead of a sock you should try a wider shoe and/or a higher volume shoe.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Would this sock help with my "hot foot" while cycling? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your help in answering my question. I am going to take another look at my current shoe and foot size.
Quote Reply
Re: Would this sock help with my "hot foot" while cycling? [old man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for helping.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have been through 4 different shoes now over 3 yrs, still have not found a answer, just gotten used to the front part of my foot going totally numb during intervals or races.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Would this sock help with my "hot foot" while cycling? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or entirely unrelated to shoe volume and instead can be addressed by shimming cleats(varus/valgus) at least in my case always thought it was tight strap issue for myself until I loosed them and sized up an disuse still reared up until I shimmed my cleats and issue gone. remove shims and issue reappears.
Quote Reply
Re: Would this sock help with my "hot foot" while cycling? [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After trying multiple shoes, orthotics and shims for hot foot, I ordered custom bike shoes from D2.
Quote Reply
Re: Would this sock help with my "hot foot" while cycling? [KathyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i tried shims different cleat positions as well, have the custom shoes helped?

Quote Reply
Re: Would this sock help with my "hot foot" while cycling? [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are you shimming the correct direction for your needs? (varus vs valgus) that's all I got
Quote Reply
Re: Would this sock help with my "hot foot" while cycling? [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yea, been to couple diff bike fitters to, no luck yet! Maybe one day.

Quote Reply