Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Atlantic City [gienopes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Um, yikes! Not a place I would recommend at all as it's a motel that attracts a troubled crowd. If a hotel/motel is cheap in the AC area, there's usually a very good reason for it.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Atlantic City [ghostrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Less than 4 weeks out and no athlete guide up yet? It would be nice to see the wave schedule, check-in info, etc.

I'm staying at Baly's and I think it's about a mile away from Bader Field. Is that a walkable stretch of road though? I don't mind walking there on race morning, but then I'd probably have to pay for another day of parking for leaving my car at Baly's. It would be nice to get confirmation from IM that there will be parking at Bader Field.

Anyone know what the water temp will be like? Challenge AC was in June I think, so the history at that race doesn't tell us much.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Atlantic City [PMo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure why the athlete guide isn't up yet. Bib list was just posted, so I'm sure the athlete guide won't be far behind.
As for the other questions, Bally's to Bader Field is definitely "walkable", as you can just walk down the boardwalk to Albany Ave and over to Bader Field. I will say though, that its more like 2 miles, not 1, so maybe more than you wanna walk.
Tons of parking at Bader Field. There's only one way in, so it'll get backed up race morning, but the parking there is essentially unlimited. Probably the best option unless there's a hotel shuttle.
And for water temp, they just held the AC Triathlon there last week on the same course and the temp was over 84 degrees (I think they said close to 86), so no wetsuits. The temps can change pretty dramatically, but it's been really warm back there lately.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Atlantic City [PMo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stayed at Bally's last year for Challenge AC. It is a long way to Bader Field. Last year they offered a shuttle to Bader in the morning - take that if available.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Atlantic City [TJL3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's some warm water! I can't imagine it coming down 10+ degrees in less than a month to be wetsuit legal.

Good to know it's two miles from Bally's. I think when I was shopping for hotels one of them was ~1 mi away and I mixed them up.
Quote Reply

Prev Next