Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Maryland postponed to 10/17? [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
Most of their customer base would need to be kicked in the balls by Mike Reilly himself to stop throwing money at them.

I think he pretty much did that to Thomas Gerlach at Wisconsin, yet even so Thomas still showed up two weeks later to race in Chattanooga.

In all seriousness, WTC has no obligation nor compelling financial reason to do anything upon cancelation, yet as far as I know they have always offered deferral to future event or, in the precedent setting case of IMMD, rescheduled.

They have basically proposing to give the entire field a transferred entry from the Oct 4th race that was cancelled! They are essentially putting on a new race on Oct 17th (if it goes off). Aside from the course outline and some equipment transfer, and the same plan, everything has to be set up from scratch on Oct 17th for a "new event". They even have to get clearance from the community to get permits and first responder staff, police etc on fairly short notice. Its gotta be a mad scramble to pull this off.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland postponed to 10/17? [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any word on full or partial refunds?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland postponed to 10/17? [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no word on anything until tues. not sure if it will be 6pm but wtc said by 6pm! everyone is in limbo now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
winchester wrote:
Any word on full or partial refunds?

If Tahoe is any precedent then there won't be any refunds. Nor should there be.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my guess is that if they have a race on the 17th then there would not be any options for people who cant race. I think that regardless of how many race the cost of putting on the race would prohibit them from being able to offer deferred entries, refunds or credits for future races to those who don't show up.

I am sure they already know what they are doing but they are just dragging there feet. Kind of sucks for all of us. I am sure that the main focus for Ironman right now is the little race that they have this Saturday in Hawaii. Regardless of what they choose to do they should just make the announcement.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland postponed to 10/17? [Whalefan30] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We really had a hard weekend here on the peninsula . Cities were and still are flooded and people lost homes. Gerry will do his best and if the race doesn't happen then at least we have a home and are in good physical condition
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland postponed to 10/17? [SlammedStance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree and I certainly mean no disrespect to those who are effected by the storm. I lived in tornado alley for a while and these kind of things are no joke.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland postponed to 10/17? [ahhchon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BAZINGA!

Also, I feel like I've read more posts that contain the language: "...if they reschedule, those who can't return should get ..." than there were athletes even registered for the race.

@CycleHeavy
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland postponed to 10/17? [Whalefan30] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agree, likely a race on Oct 17
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland postponed to 10/17? [TriMyBest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have a problem admitting that I was wrong.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland postponed to 10/17? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
its on!

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland postponed to 10/17? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the website --IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
IRONMAN Maryland will take place on Saturday, October 17. We will offer athlete check-in hours on both Thursday and Friday of event week with extended hours on Friday, October 16 for both athlete and bike check-in. Official communication will be sent via e-mail, posted on Facebook and also added to the event website in the next 24 hours. Communication will include options available for those who cannot participate in the event on October 17.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
mikew
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland postponed to 10/17? [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
with "options" for those who can't make it.

wtf is going with WTC. seems so... un WTC
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland postponed to 10/17? [mike@tri-mesa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Game on! Put down the pity party beers and let's do this!!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland postponed to 10/17? [Roadhog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YES!!!!!!!!!!! So awesome they pulled this off!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes! Well done. Hopefully a good outcome for all given the situation.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland postponed to 10/17? [holograham] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too bad for all the WTC haters who already had their posts typed and were just waiting to hit send!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mike@tri-mesa wrote:
From the website --IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
IRONMAN Maryland will take place on Saturday, October 17. We will offer athlete check-in hours on both Thursday and Friday of event week with extended hours on Friday, October 16 for both athlete and bike check-in. Official communication will be sent via e-mail, posted on Facebook and also added to the event website in the next 24 hours. Communication will include options available for those who cannot participate in the event on October 17.

Paging Trek Geek......

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland postponed to 10/17? [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If anyone is looking for a hotel room i just canceled one of mine at the Wades Point Inn On the Bay, was 2 queen beds. Its about 45 min from race site.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland postponed to 10/17? [ahhchon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ahhchon wrote:

Damn Chinese! All they care about is making money.... Wait. Never mind. We'll blame somebody for this outrage later!

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Re: IM Maryland postponed to 10/17? [GT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GT wrote:
ahhchon wrote:

Damn Chinese! All they care about is making money.... Wait. Never mind. We'll blame somebody for this outrage later!

I think you are far more likely to see decisions and actions that are participant driven and not money driven now that WTC is no longer owned by a private equity firm, who for eight years made decisions solely with the purpose of increasing the sale value of the entity.
Quote Reply

Prev Next