Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Adamo Question
Quote | Reply
About the Adamo, (Im a Road TTer not a Triathlete) I keep scooching back on it when I do my hip angle closes, and cadence slows and then it feels too wide, and I'm sure it creates tension in my low back and also my shoulder angle opens more when i sit right on the nose of it then it feels like the saddle is too low and feels like alot more weight on the front end, would highering the saddle allow me to sit towards the nose the saddle

If I move it back I will get the same affect, closed hip angle open shoulder angle, cadence drop etc?

I am 1cm lower then what my retul fit put me at and a tilt of the adamo is currently at 2 degrees the retul put me at 5degree down tilt because it felt uncomfortable but I didnt give it a good try on the road

Would going back to the retul fitting 1cm higher saddle, prevent me sliding back on the adamo? I think the moving forward and back is whats causing me chaffing close to the bones to the front closer to the manhood, the pubic rami I think. ~The rubbing/chafing is on the soft tissue a bit narrow/more in front right in the lower groin that attaches to my ballbag of the
pubic rami I have a line that looks like the adamo slicing in.

Chammy cream does not help at all

Video of retul fitting position

http://www.dailymotion.com/...0150113-111206_sport

retul fitting info

http://www.scribd.com/...kiia-F1-ZERO-Sam-pdf

Last edited by: SamYO: Aug 29, 15 11:08
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo Question [SamYO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are probably moving back on the saddle to get a more comfortable leg extension (moving back increases you distance from hip to pedal.....even more so since your saddle is angled down). IME, once you move to a part of the Adamo that's wider than your anatomy it's chafe city.

I'd raise the saddle so that you feel you have proper leg extension when sitting toward the front of the saddle (where you aren't getting chafing).

Your Retul position looks pretty solid (there's a bit of ankling, but I assume that's your style pref.); what were the issues that created the need for the post-fit adjustment?

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo Question [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just felt I had soo much weight on my upperbody/arms/shoulders, this was on the turbo, lightly spinning, so hopefully with more force to the pedals should unweight upperbody a bit more I didn't really give it a good try, I will raise the saddle 1cm from what Im at now and that should put me at measurements from the retul fitting, I will keep the current 2 degree angle instead of 5degree so that should take weight off the front end a bit more
Last edited by: SamYO: Aug 30, 15 10:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leveling the saddle a bit should help (for me the prongs are level). It also helps to move the armrests back so that your weight is on your elbows (supported by your skeletal system); see the pic below of Jan Frodeno.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo Question [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His bottle is about to launch....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had this issue as well.

Get a 'normal' saddle and move it into a position where your sit bones are well placed on the saddle whilst in the TT position (i moved to ISM due to numb dong).

Place ISM saddle upside down on top of regular saddle and find where the 'nose' of your ism matches the width of the other saddle and install to that position.

The regular saddle will be very forward and the ism should be pretty far back; form my experience.

The front part of the ISM saddle should be flat ish (slightly down) - rails flat.

The saddle will be lower than the regular as you'r sitting on a different part of your anatomy.

You'll chaff if you're riding upright alot, it is designed as a TT saddle and should be ridden as one, or if you're road riding - i've found being on the drops and in an aggressive position works not too bad.

If you have any troubles email ISM, they are really helpful and will get you riding comfy in no time :)
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo Question [thebuzzle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^^ this

A lot of problems with ISM saddles come from the fact that they are being ridden in both aero and sat up position.
Whilst a lot of tri courses we ride are pretty flat and unbroken and we can stay in aero all the time, how often do we do that in training?
Even someone I know who does 3-4 hours on the turbo in aero still sits up for the 20 minute warm up.

An Adamo CAN be ridden in both aero and sat up, but the position of it changes as you rotate the pelvis.

A common problem I have seen is setting up the Adamo for a road position rotation, then finding it hard to rotate the pelvis on the adamo in aero position due to either falling off the front feeling or just discomfort.

Most Adamos are designed to be ridden near to the nose. Not directly on the nose, but close enough. When you sit on the saddle it's not just a cm or 2 thats in contact it's a little more, so the front part will be on the nose so the boys can flop over the front.

There is also some consideration of how wide your hips are (how close your thighs come together naturally when you stand. IF your thighs are touching, you *may* struggle to get comfy on an adamo, as the saddle may try to force them wider.

There is also an interaction with stance width. I find with an adamo I need to increase the stance width of my pedals slightly. I also find my adductors grumble a little when I first do this, until I give them a week or so to get used to it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
based on at least the first minute of your video you seem to be sitting on the saddle appropriately from a fore/aft standpoint and with good anterior pelvic tilt. i think your front end is a good bit too short, however (reach-wise). you would probably also benefit from tilting your extensions up a few degrees, allowing you to feel a bit more 'planted' in the cockpit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thebuzzle wrote:
I had this issue as well.

Get a 'normal' saddle and move it into a position where your sit bones are well placed on the saddle whilst in the TT position (i moved to ISM due to numb dong).

Place ISM saddle upside down on top of regular saddle and find where the 'nose' of your ism matches the width of the other saddle and install to that position.

The regular saddle will be very forward and the ism should be pretty far back; form my experience.

The front part of the ISM saddle should be flat ish (slightly down) - rails flat.

The saddle will be lower than the regular as you'r sitting on a different part of your anatomy.

You'll chaff if you're riding upright alot, it is designed as a TT saddle and should be ridden as one, or if you're road riding - i've found being on the drops and in an aggressive position works not too bad.

If you have any troubles email ISM, they are really helpful and will get you riding comfy in no time :)

I use a selle SMP Ive used before on the TT bike slammed forward and it was to far back I kept moving forward and my hip angle was very closed and hip angle very wide like 130 degrees nearly like a superman
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo Question [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
based on at least the first minute of your video you seem to be sitting on the saddle appropriately from a fore/aft standpoint and with good anterior pelvic tilt. i think your front end is a good bit too short, however (reach-wise). you would probably also benefit from tilting your extensions up a few degrees, allowing you to feel a bit more 'planted' in the cockpit.

Doing a local 10 tt tomorrow I will raise the saddle 1cm, so it will the same in the video and leave it at the 2degree downward tilt adamo, and see if that increases the reach, in the video is 5degrees, will affectively would decrease reach?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to ride an Adamo Road and has similar issues. I just recently switched to the PN 1.1 and it is better. The PN1.1 is narrower front to rear so when you move forward or back the width doesn't changes as much. I find it less chafing to my inner thigh as the Road.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just another question is it easier to rotate pelvis on a steeper position then a slack position on the Road bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok so i moved the saddle 1cm up now its back to my retul fit, tonight in my local 10TT I got no chafing but I kinda still felt like scooting back a bit when I felt like falling off the nose, now I think I might need to drop my front end a bit more?

When you put a level on the adamo, or book then a level on it, what degree tilt should it be when the rails are level?
Last edited by: SamYO: Sep 2, 15 14:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a brilliant solution.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had massive issues with my adamo, kept sliding bank and forward. Like you I though it was a fit issue but it wasn't. The solution was to glue pieces of inner tube to the saddle and increase the friction between shorts and saddle. I'm now firmly planted on it. In fact, if I want to move now, I have to lift myself of the saddle slightly.

Alternatively you can slide old bits of inner tube onto the front prongs.
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo Question [chrisw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My body is trying to self select somewhere, I dont really want to limit that movement and not find out where it needs to be
Quote Reply