Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: SRAM Wireless TT Images Are Out [commendatore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am just pointing out that dura ace is not 2500 for the set up listed, rather 1770 and that assumes you get the di2 brake levers instead of satellite shifters
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM Wireless TT Images Are Out [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is at MSRP.

And just like with 9070/6870, you'll be able to find eTap at below MSRP once its been on the market as long as the shimano stuff.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM Wireless TT Images Are Out [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when it has been on market a while, or on market at all and prices are lower, then one can point out how much cheaper it is. not shimano's fault it took this long for etap to arrive. so you end up having to compare msrp on etap to actual available pricing on shimano or campag. that will change eventually, but not yet. shimano does not cost what is listed in that table unless you truly believe every word your lbs tells you ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
It is at MSRP.

And just like with 9070/6870, you'll be able to find eTap at below MSRP once its been on the market as long as the shimano stuff.

And when eTap is available below MSRP, Shimano will have something new and better on the market.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your logic sucks.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM Wireless TT Images Are Out [burninglegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great. And?

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not really

one, we have real available for purchase now pricing(not MSRP)
the other we have MSRP as you can't yet get it

you can't go and compare msrp to msrp when you would never pay msrp for shimano. the first got to have it users of etap might pay msrp, I hope not , but we have not seen actual store advertised everyday prices yet, ala Art's

maybe you are saying etap will be available for $1000 once available. essentially 700 off msrp like the available shimano. if not, it is disingenuous to compare msrp and say etap is 800 cheaper
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
Great. And?

Your logic sucks.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM Wireless TT Images Are Out [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
man, you people will argue about anything

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Right. There should be a column for "Jeff's Pricing". Or "Educated Consumer Pricing". Maybe even include a range of pricing for di2?

When you see car comparisons, do they put a range? When you see bike comparisons, do they put a range? Or do they have disclaimers that say "*but of course this can be found much cheaper at Arts and/or your local dealer".

Its a simple comparison for fuck sake.

We all know that nobody pays retail for anything cycling related.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM Wireless TT Images Are Out [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTM wrote:
According to your table, Shimano is 633g total, not 733g ;)

Not my table. I just copied it from the front page review.

wsrobert wrote:
Its a simple comparison for fuck sake.

Right!? I guess some people just like being douche bags for the sport of it.
Last edited by: TH3_FRB: Aug 28, 15 8:02
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM Wireless TT Images Are Out [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
man, you people will argue about anything

Have you been to the Lavender Room lately? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I shift two cogs on the rear any time I swich chain rings so I am essentially in the next logical gear. Am I the only one who does this? Isn't having to use both bottoms to change rings a huge disadvantage sine you make a three gear jump when you do it? And on my road bike I occasionally try to drop to my small ring only to find I'm already there. On this system I would end up in the big ring.

If companies are making electronic why not have the rider select up and down and the system change front and rear deraillers for the next logical gear when necessary?
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM Wireless TT Images Are Out [Anachronism] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anachronism wrote:
I shift two cogs on the rear any time I swich chain rings so I am essentially in the next logical gear. Am I the only one who does this?

No. It's very common.

Anachronism wrote:
Isn't having to use both bottoms to change rings a huge disadvantage sine you make a three gear jump when you do it?

I thought this too at first, but I'm not sure. It depends on how much time you have to wait between two clicks. Otherwise you could do something like:
  • right
  • both
  • right
in rapid succession.

Anachronism wrote:
And on my road bike I occasionally try to drop to my small ring only to find I'm already there. On this system I would end up in the big ring.

This is still a concern.

Anachronism wrote:
If companies are making electronic why not have the rider select up and down and the system change front and rear deraillers for the next logical gear when necessary?

There are times when you don't want the front derailleur to shift. If you're standing, for example, a front derailleur shift can be nasty.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM Wireless TT Images Are Out [AndresLD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndresLD wrote:
It is my understanding that the box is another shifting point. Which one could argue is/isn't of any benefit, however could explain the size of it.

If that's true that it is another shifting point (all I've seen is the microshift/correction function), it would be interesting to see if someone would ever forego the second set of blips and put the box out on a bridge between the aerobars to use as the primary shift point. Of course, as others have pointed out, that would mean a "large" object out in front in the wind...but right in front of/between your hands may not be too bad, seeing how much stuff triathletes tend to put between their arms anyway...
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM Wireless TT Images Are Out [Anachronism] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I had a chance to ride the system (road version, not tri) I found that as long as I was holding down the rear shift button, at any point I pressed the front it would trigger a chainring shift in the middle of the rear shifts. I'm guessing that it might work the other way too...if you trigger a front with both shifters but continue to hold down the rear shifter then you can execute the 2 gear up/down shift back there about as quick as you would with mechanical. If that survived in the production version, maybe it's not a big deal?

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM Wireless TT Images Are Out [soobrex1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
soobrex1 wrote:
It doesn't look THAT difficult to hide from the wind and I'm sure the weight shakes out as even not having to deal with all the wires and second junction box.

Does anyone know how the blipbox attaches to the frame? I know its a quarter mount turn system like garmin use but is it attached using rubber bands as in the garmin system? From the pics I've seen it seems not. Anyone know if its possible to mount below the stem (or anywhere else for that matter)?
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM Wireless TT Images Are Out [kev1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kev1 wrote:
soobrex1 wrote:
It doesn't look THAT difficult to hide from the wind and I'm sure the weight shakes out as even not having to deal with all the wires and second junction box.

Does anyone know how the blipbox attaches to the frame? I know its a quarter mount turn system like garmin use but is it attached using rubber bands as in the garmin system? From the pics I've seen it seems not. Anyone know if its possible to mount below the stem (or anywhere else for that matter)?

Came across this today...

https://www.sram.com/stories/sram-red-etap-art-install

Quote Reply

Prev Next