Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Slowtwitch Nutritional Review: First Endurance (Post Reviews Here) [krull_etc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
krull_etc wrote:
that'd be a hair over 14 scoops for a normal 24 oz bottle. That'd definitely work for Redog's scenario. I also missed that he'd have a separate bottle for just water. Doing that would be a lot different than trying to just drink the strong mix like I was thinking.

that's what I am planning to do. One bottle of EFS-Pro and one water bottle on the bike at all times plus some misc. cals.
2nd EFS bottle in special needs bag. In the past I have used mostly Malto D. based products in a similar fashion, I wonder how EFS Pro is different.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Nutritional Review: First Endurance (Post Reviews Here) [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the secret Scratch discount?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Nutritional Review: First Endurance (Post Reviews Here) [TxDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Discount Code issue fixed!
  • New code st100 gives 25% off any product with cart subtotal of $100 or more.
  • st25 gives 25% off EFS-PRO and Ultragen canisters for subtotals under $100

US and Canada Customers only
Both Codes expire 8/31/15 midnight

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Nutritional Review: First Endurance (Post Reviews Here) [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Working on it, but not getting too far.
Sorry.
KS

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Nutritional Review: First Endurance (Post Reviews Here) [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Nutritional Review: First Endurance (Post Reviews Here) [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was selected as a reviewer of EFS Pro Drink Mix (Lemon-Lime) and the new Ultragen flavor (Chocolate).

Ultragen Chocolate:
I've used the cappuccino Ultragen this season with good success. I typically only use it for hour or longer sessions that have moderate to high intensity. I use one or two scoops depending on the overall length and intensity. My understanding is that the new Ultragen does not have Vitamin C as there is some science around that and absorption of the other goodies in the mix. I've been happy with Ultragen but I will say that the new flavor is a large improvement. Tastes like chocolate milk to me and is delicious to drink. It mixes really well too. I do notice that when using the Ultragen after an earlymorning intense workout that I don't experience the mid-morning crash I usually do.

EFS Pro Drink Mix:
I have mostly used GU gels, GU mix and GU electrolyte tabs in the past. Most often I would use gels and then put electrolyte tabs in my water. I found at the end of my 70.3 last year I could not stomach any more GUs. Too sweet and too thick. What I really like about the EFS Pro is that I get my calories and electrolytes all in one mix. Additionally, the ability to mix easily at different strengths is very welcomed. You can get up to 320 calories in a 24 ounce bottle. At that concentration you can definitely taste the electrolytes. However, the taste was never an issue and I haven't experienced any gastro issues while using.

I'm very happy with both of these products and will look to continue using them in the future.

http://www.teamodz.com
http://www.endurancelab.fit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I received the ultragen in vanilla flavor. I am very pleased. I have used it as a recovery drink. I am probably most impressed with how well it blends compared to other protein mixes. You don't even need a shaker, you can just but it in a glass of water and stir with a spoon. It digests very well. I have a pretty cast iron stomach BUT I favor whole healthy foods and keep to a mostly vegan diet.
The ultragen sits very well in your stomach. I see that it is recommended to mix ONLY with water but I could not resist making a smoothie in my vitamix and adding the ultragen. I mixed the vanilla with frozen banana, blueberries, cranberries, and what ever else I could think of. I realy love the stuff and intend to add it to my recovery arsenal for long hard training days.

I also received the EFS pro. The lime flavor is OK. A little tart but doable. I want to try the cucumber next. It is a great race day and LONG training day electrolyte drink. ESPECIALY in hot weather.
I have cramped in the past when using other electrolyte fuel on hot days. That all ended when I started using EFS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not an official tester but I saw the discount code and bit the bullet.. Brought some EFS-Pro.. man is this stuff expensive..

Anyway, I tried 5 scoops in my waterbottle today (22 oz) and it worked well.. Surprisingly, no stomach issues or anything which is very surprising.. No foamy and very easy to mix up. The drink overall seemed very light for so much calories and electrolytes. The taste was very light (similar to Skratch) which is good and bad... when the temperature got warm, it wasn't very tastey at all but still drinkable. However, I think I will stick to EFS-PRO for my race fueling!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using EFS-Pro Cucumber since reading Matt Hanson's IMTX blog and his use of it for all of his bike calories. The cucumber flavor is subtle and not too sweet for long course triathlon. It's 40 kCal/scoop and on 5 hour training rides I set up 3 22oz bottles with 8 scoops (320 kCal) and then a super concentrated aero bottle on my down tube with 20 scoops that I drip feed into my BTA water filled bottles after a mid bike QuickTrip refill. For me it's the easiest and most consistent way to get in the calories that I need. I've done it for a 70.3 and IM with really good success. No GI issues and no 'too sweet' to stop drinking issues. I have not tried the lemon as I'm afraid it might be sweeter than I want. The high concentration of electrolytes also doesn't turn me off and I need them because I have a high sweat rate.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Nutritional Review: First Endurance (Post Reviews Here) [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
I'm not an official tester but I saw the discount code and bit the bullet.. Brought some EFS-Pro.. man is this stuff expensive..

Anyway, I tried 5 scoops in my waterbottle today (22 oz) and it worked well.. Surprisingly, no stomach issues or anything which is very surprising.. No foamy and very easy to mix up. The drink overall seemed very light for so much calories and electrolytes. The taste was very light (similar to Skratch) which is good and bad... when the temperature got warm, it wasn't very tastey at all but still drinkable. However, I think I will stick to EFS-PRO for my race fueling!

My EFS-Pro came with a sample packet of Ultragen Vanilla and Choc... I decided to try to vanilla today.. Had a long 12 mi run and was very tired afterwards, so I made a smoothie and put some Ultragen in it.. a cup of frozen strawberries, half a banana, cup of apple juice and Ultragen.. blended with a vitamix.. tastes pretty good! and actually, I felt much better today then I usually do after the same long run...

I think I will order some Ultragen Vanilla too!
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Nutritional Review: First Endurance (Post Reviews Here) [Redog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried mixing the EFS-Pro with Carbo-Pro in a super concentrated bottle? If so, can you share your experience?

I'm trying to decide between two options for IMTX this May. I've used the original EFS and Carbo-Pro in the past with good results. I'm reading a lot of positive comments about the EFS-Pro product and am thinking about giving it shot this year.

Option A:
- 2 high concentrated bottles.
- Start with one of the bottles on the bike and exchange it out for the second one at special needs.
- Each bottle would have 1,080 calories. (12 scoops of EFS-Pro and 6 scoops of Carbo-Pro).

Option B:
- 1 super-high concentrated bottle.
- Bottle would have 2,160 calories. (24 scoops of EFS-Pro and 12 scoops of Carbo-Pro).

Both options provide around 360 calories, 90 carbs, 13g of sugar, 665g of sodium, and 290g of potassium per hour. I plan to take BASE Salt to supplement if the weather is as expected. I prefer all liquid nutrition and lots of water from the stations.

Any thoughts or suggestions about either of the two options?
Last edited by: kirby116: Jan 13, 16 10:34
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Nutritional Review: First Endurance (Post Reviews Here) [kirby116] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Team -

Picking up on this post since I'm trying EFS Pro right now. I see some folks put a number of scoops of the Pro in one bottle. The calories is one thing, but the amount of sodium seems really high? I was under the impression (race conditions pending) that around 500mg of sodium per hour is generally enough. The EFS Pro has over 1800mg for 3 scoops. How are some people putting 20+ scoops? Aren't you bloated?

I may try a mix with EFS and Carbo Pro, but it might taste pretty pasty.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Nutritional Review: First Endurance (Post Reviews Here) [tri@thlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put 6 scoops in a 24 oz bottle. Drink a bottle every 45 minutes. I have no problems.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Nutritional Review: First Endurance (Post Reviews Here) [tri@thlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use 4 scoops per bottle myself (130#) w/ 2 capsules of Salt Stick mixed in. I still got cramps at Gulf Coast and took down a whole vial of Base Salts on the run. Didn't feel bloated one bit.

J. Tyler Pate
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Code not working. Any updated codes?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Nutritional Review: First Endurance (Post Reviews Here) [trimack45] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sign up for their VIP Newsletter and they generally send out a promotion/code 1-2x's month. Last month was 25% off EFS-PRO.

J. Tyler Pate
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On longer efforts I put 2 scoops + 100kcal of the liquid shot in a water bottle and shake it up really good (make sure flavors don't conflict... I didn't pay attention once and almost gagged). I've solved my cramping and GI issues with this. 20 scoops sounds like crazy talk.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Nutritional Review: First Endurance (Post Reviews Here) [trimack45] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EFS-Pro is 70% off (Cucumber water) within the most recent VIP mailing.

Edit: No coupon code required. Limited quantities.

J. Tyler Pate
Last edited by: JTPATE: May 26, 17 12:49
Quote Reply

Prev Next