Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Highlights of Day 1 of Pool Swimming at World Champs...
Quote | Reply
--Sarah Sjostrom of Sweden set a new WR in the semis of the 100 fly, going 55.74.
--Katie Ledeckie of the U.S. took the 400 free in 3:59.13, with Sharon Van Rouwendaal of The Netherlands second in 4:03.02.
--Sun Yang of China took the men's 400 free in 3:42.58, with Guy James of Great Britain second in 3:43.75.
--France won the men's 4 x 100 free relay in 3:10.74, with Russia second in 3:11.19.
--The Aussies took the women's 4 x 100 free relay in 3:31.48, with The Netherlands second in 3:33.67.
--Complete results at:
http://www.omegatiming.com/...FFFFFFFFFF&day=1

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Highlights of Day 1 of Pool Swimming at World Champs... [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
US mens relay misses the final... as does Australia.

Team Canada is looking pretty good ;)

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Highlights of Day 1 of Pool Swimming at World Champs... [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAlbertan wrote:
US mens relay misses the final... as does Australia.

Team Canada is looking pretty good ;)

Ya, the U.S. did not have its best day today, but we did have some great swims in the OW competition with Anderson taking the women's 5K, Wilimovsky taking the men's 10K, and Meyer second in the men's 25K. More and more parity in the swimming world these days. We'll see how the next 7 days go; it will be great to watch and read about:)

Quote Reply
Re: Highlights of Day 1 of Pool Swimming at World Champs... [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the hunt with 2 ladies in the 100 Fly final and 1 in 200 IM... Santo looks ready to rip it up. Cochrane hits the podium on day 1.

Quote Reply
Re: Highlights of Day 1 of Pool Swimming at World Champs... [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
US mens relay downright demeaning. A team, Adrian, Phelps, whoever, wouldn't have made a difference imo. France is fuckin money when it comes to this relay. Yes, i was for USA back in 08, but i found it strange that about a year later Bousquet was interviewed and said no matter what France does in any other olympics or wc in this event, it will never fill the disappoinment of what happened in 08. I disagree because the last 4 years they lit up everyone, made hicks and gaines look rather foolish for not even mentioning them, and imo made 08 a distant memory and definitely squared that one up.

Besides Ledecky, can't see any other US women dominating. Ledecky is money, but for some reason Franklin will continue to be "america's sweetheart" no matter what. Their free relay needs help also.

Was happy that cochrane got in there, was never a yang fan, but besides him i don't know any other canadians. 100 free, 100 fly, and 50 free i'll watch. Dont really have an interest for distance events. Oh, I'll watch the other relays too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realAlbertan wrote:
In the hunt with 2 ladies in the 100 Fly final and 1 in 200 IM... Santo looks ready to rip it up. Cochrane hits the podium on day 1.

Ya, saw where Cochrane got third in the 400, awesome!!! Did the girl who tied for 8th in the 100 fly win her swim-off, or did the other girl scratch or??? Also, Santo = ???

Quote Reply
Re: Highlights of Day 1 of Pool Swimming at World Champs... [MikenUltra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Santo is tied for #1 in the world in 100 Free so far in 2015 and swam 2 solid lead off legs today plus 9th in 50 fly with a new cdn record.

One of our top Jr ladies lives in Scottsdale and won 200-400 Free at US Jrs ... swam a 1.59 2free and spilt 1.58 anchoring her club relay to gold.

She is probably only rested a few days as she is going to Fina Js in Singapore ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Santo Condorelli swims for USC in NCAA. Swam 47.98 at Pan Am on the relay lead off.

Born in Japan ... American dad, Canadian mom... grew up in Oregon until he went away to Bolles. Spent summers with his moms family in Kenora growing up. Always traveled on a Canadian passport and looks up to Brent Hayden...

Anything else?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kendyl Stewart grew up swimming on my son's team. She just missed finals for 100 fly, hopefully she makes it for 50 fly.

Here are her AG LSC records:

http://www.si-swimming.com/...rds%20LC%20Jul15.pdf

My son will be swimming Zones in Maui this week. He is seeded number 1 for the zone for IMX and 14th for the country, if you want to track on Meet Mobile.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hayden, one of my favorite sprinters of all-time. I must have watched the london 100 free final dozens of times and have somewhat of a theory that he was the main reason adrian paced that first 50 so well (being in lane 7 and adrian seeing him all the way down breathing right side in lane 5). Had hayden been in say lane 2, well who knows? I think at the time i was for adrian, but would not have minded in the least if hayden snatched it from both adrian and magnussen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realAlbertan wrote:
Santo Condorelli swims for USC in NCAA. Swam 47.98 at Pan Am on the relay lead off.
Born in Japan ... American dad, Canadian mom... grew up in Oregon until he went away to Bolles. Spent summers with his moms family in Kenora growing up. Always traveled on a Canadian passport and looks up to Brent Hayden... Anything else?

Ah, thanks for the info, very impressive, looks like Santo had the fastest split of the lead-off swimmers in both the prelims and the finals.

Quote Reply
Re: Highlights of Day 1 of Pool Swimming at World Champs... [MikenUltra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MikenUltra wrote:
US mens relay downright demeaning. A team, Adrian, Phelps, whoever, wouldn't have made a difference imo. France is fuckin money when it comes to this relay. Yes, i was for USA back in 08, but i found it strange that about a year later Bousquet was interviewed and said no matter what France does in any other olympics or wc in this event, it will never fill the disappointment of what happened in 08. I disagree because the last 4 years they lit up everyone, made hicks and gaines look rather foolish for not even mentioning them, and imo made 08 a distant memory and definitely squared that one up.
Besides Ledecky, can't see any other US women dominating. Ledecky is money, but for some reason Franklin will continue to be "america's sweetheart" no matter what. Their free relay needs help also.
Was happy that cochrane got in there, was never a yang fan, but besides him i don't know any other canadians. 100 free, 100 fly, and 50 free i'll watch. Don't really have an interest for distance events. Oh, I'll watch the other relays too.

Ed - Well, I see that you have fully completed your transition from tri guy to pool sprinter; AFAIK, you and tigerpaws are the only two guys on ST to have done this reverse, although Ken Lehner did in essence the reverse as sprint masters swimmer to tri guy, as have many top tri guys. I believe monty swam the 50/100 free in college, as did ajthomas. Given your background as a long-time softball player, makes a lot of sense that you would be drawn to the sprint events. Don't forget there are 50s in each stroke at this meet, so there are a few more sprint events for you to watch/follow. And who knows, perhaps after you perfect your 50/100 free, you'll be drawn to the 200, which is where we all meet, sprinters and D-swimmers:)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Eric! You know, I'll probably watch all the events, or as many as I can. I more or less root for certain individual swimmers than a country as a whole.

Getting back to demeaning swims...my first swim (pretty much ever) in the big pool (50m) today was extremely demeaning. I was like "where the hell is the wall already!" Lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
--The Aussies took the women's 4 x 100 free relay in 3:31.48, with The Netherlands second in 3:33.67.

Hup Oranje!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Highlights of Day 1 of Pool Swimming at World Champs... [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aussie Girls have 5 of the top 10 in the 100 free rankings. The Campbell sisters have both gone sub 52 on relays...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MikenUltra wrote:
Hey Eric! You know, I'll probably watch all the events, or as many as I can. I more or less root for certain individual swimmers than a country as a whole.

Getting back to demeaning swims...my first swim (pretty much ever) in the big pool (50m) today was extremely demeaning. I was like "where the hell is the wall already!" Lol

Ya, swimming in the "big pool" is def way, way diff from the 25 yd/m pool:)

Quote Reply
Re: Highlights of Day 1 of Pool Swimming at World Champs... [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

Hup Oranje!

I didn't know you were of Dutch ancestry; do you still have relatives in Holland??? The Dutch do extremely well in swimming for being such a small country:)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:

Hup Oranje!
I didn't know you were of Dutch ancestry; do you still have relatives in Holland??? The Dutch do extremely well in swimming for being such a small country:)

I'm not of Dutch ancestry but I've been learning the language for 4 years now. There is a Dutch mathematics professor in my former department, and he taught both maths and Dutch.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:

Quote:

Hup Oranje!

I'm not of Dutch ancestry but I've been learning the language for 4 years now. There is a Dutch mathematics professor in my former department, and he taught both maths and Dutch.

Ah i see, well, you are quite the European then:) I've studied French a good bit and have spoken it with natives off and on since HS. In my last AF tour in AFG, i was the liaison with the Belgium officer who was in charge of security for our base, and he spoke French:)

Quote Reply