Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: open water safety devices: Swim IT vs. Safe Swimmer float [jlee565] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jlee565 wrote:
You blow it up BEFORE you get in the water.

Really? That's a bit naff.

Being Slowtwitch, we need the whizz bang version. Auto inflate, based on a sensor that identifies when you stop swimming. A mercury switch or something. And of course it's got to be a hydrodynamically designed one (from Cervelo) and it would have GPS and other tracking/tech stuff. Connect to waterproof ear buds for tempo beeps or, or, or.........

I think my idea of a camelback bladder fitted inside the hollow of the small of your back, with a hose like regular camelbacks for hydrating on long or ocean swims., under your wettie would be good.

For high viz, how about just high viz colour patches on wetsuit elbows (they should be the highest thing out of the water afterall :-)

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: open water safety devices: Swim IT vs. Safe Swimmer float [DrAloha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Safe swimmer! Name says it all.
Swam many times without ever really having to hang on to it for dear life or even noticed it's there.
On a longer solo swim, without a wetsuit, I suffered the mother of all hamstring cramps and glad I had it.

Be safe.
Quote Reply

Prev Next