Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: August Fish Report [abrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We did a homegrown 'backyard' full ironman length Triathlon in Oregon this weekend... self titled "tuchtigWoMan" (and was, by the way, the hardest IM course on the planet).

I did the Aqua bike version (I was forbidden to do the run, since I haven't done much running this year... err, plus we had a wedding to go to for dinner). It was a totally casual event, with four people making the full slog (lots more swimming... and 7-8 folks for the bike). There was a bunch of smoke in the air on the bike. Good thing we were taking it easy and not doing any heavy breathing. :-)

The swim was divine. 56 mins for the 2.4 mile.

Can I show a bike photo on the fish thread? Here's near the start of a 14 mile "HC" categorized climb.

Last edited by: TriSliceRS: Aug 25, 15 8:36
Quote Reply
Re: August Fish Report [TriSliceRS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks like a lot of fun!

Tuesday:
70 min trainer (already posted)
60 min/8 mile run
30 minutes of weights

Wednesday AM:
400ez/400pull/4x(50kick/50drill, with fins)
Main Set 1, with paddles and buoy:
4x200 on 3:00
3x200 on 2:55
2x200 on 2:50
1x200 on 2:45
Held 2:36-2:38 all the way through
Main Set 2, no gear
4x100 on 1:30
100ez
3x100 on 1:25
100ez
2x100 on 1:20
100ez
100 on 1:15
Held 1:16s, went 1:13 on the last one
Cooldown
200/150/100/50 with buoy/large paddles, ri :10, focus on rhythm and smooth
Total 5000scy

I may try to run later today, hopefully.

"Don't you have to go be stupid somewhere else?"..."Not until 4!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks amazing. I'm jealous of you fish doing these epic, beautiful swims. I gots to find me one. I might consider the Arizona SCAR event. A friend did that this year but couldn't (like most of them) finish the final day of swimming because the winds kicked up bad. She scared the crap out of the pool swimmers one day while training for this by swimming 17,000 scy nonstop.

Needless to say, my morning swim is hardly worth mentioning...
5x[150s/50k]
5x100IM@2:00
5x100 various kicks
200s 2:24

2200 sc yardages

But, I broke through to the top 20 on the Big Kahuna Challenge! YAY for me!
(ok everyone, quit celebrating and get back to work)

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
We did a homegrown 'backyard' full ironman length Triathlon in Oregon this weekend... self titled "tuchtigWoMan" (and was, by the way, the hardest IM course on the planet).

That's awesome. Please PM me with details if it happens next year.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: August Fish Report [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Looks amazing. I'm jealous of you fish doing these epic, beautiful swims. I gots to find me one. I might consider the Arizona SCAR event. A friend did that this year but couldn't (like most of them) finish the final day of swimming because the winds kicked up bad. She scared the crap out of the pool swimmers one day while training for this by swimming 17,000 scy nonstop.

did she have a counter? that's a lot to keep track of on one's own.

7 mi run: 2 mi w/u, 6 x 800 @ 8.0, 8.2, ..., 9.0 mph (.25 recoveries @ 6.3 mph), 1+ mi c/d
1550 yd swim

2 x 300 on 5:00 w/u (4:31, 4:20)
6 x [100 fast + 50 kick] averaged 1:17s
50 c/d

Two weeks ago I was holding 1:10s for that set; that's what happens when I take two weeks off except for 2 OW swims!!! (I'm not worried - the speed will be back in a day or two).

I enjoyed the taste of chlorine after having spent Monday in the ocean.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: August Fish Report [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
did she have a counter? that's a lot to keep track of on one's own.
I think she has a lap counting GPS watch.

I had a nice 15 mile bike ride yesterday noon - my lunch hour. It was almost triple digit temp. Finished up dripping wet.

This AM swim, not feeling all that well and just kind of went through the motions.
4x[200s/50k]
5x100 various kicks
6x100 alt bk/br/fr

2300 sc yardages

It will be hot again, today at noon, but I'm hoping to get in at least 5 miles of hilly trail running.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was able to get in an early morning swim before heading back to Kurdistan. Sitting in the SFO airport lounge writing this.

200 warmup
4x75 bi-lateral breathing every 3rd stroke
2x50 scull drill
10x200s on 3:00 holding 2:40-2:42
100 warmdown

2700 scy

I hope to be able to make the goal yardage this month. I will miss tomorrow after flying to Istanbul and then Erbil. Hope to get in at least one swim on Saturday before the jet lag REALLY sets in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Took a week off last week, just got back in the pool today. Everything felt "off", just did about 2200m

600 warmup, then 4x(4x50) mixed strokes

Main set, 400 kick, 200 kick, 100 kick, 50 kick. All kick was half flutter, half dolphin kick.

Bit of easy stuff to finish up.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: August Fish Report [abrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jeez, haven't posted in a while, plenty of training but also a ton of work for e-school. Catching up:

Thursday: 4k swim with sprints, 70min bike w/30min of tempo
Friday: 4.2k morning swim with 40x50, 2.4k afternoon swim with 10x100 tempo, 30min of weights
Saturday: easy 2k swim (5x400 on 6 w/paddles and buoy), 2hr trainer ride with hard tempo and some 40/20s, 3 mile run with 10x fast accelerations
Sunday: 13.7 mile run (1:40), as 30 very easy, 30 moderate, 30 tempo, 15cd + 4x striders

"Don't you have to go be stupid somewhere else?"..."Not until 4!"
Quote Reply
Re: August Fish Report [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Took a week off last week, just got back in the pool today. Everything felt "off", just did about 2200m
It comes back quick... you know that.

I had a great weekend. The ocean water temp is up to 74/75 deg F. So I spent some time there.
Friday was about 2 miles at Shaw's Cove followed by a 5.4 mile run in a place called Badlands, in the hills that overlook South Laguna Beach - mildly hilly and views to die for.
Saturday saw a 4 mile swim at Strands (South of Salt Creek Beach) and then had to prep to celebrate my daughter's 22nd birthday - cooked up a wicked tasty tritip!
Sunday had me back at Shaw's for another 2 mile swim and then I had some serious gardening to do - pulling out all the ugly vegetation, gonna replace with native stuff (weeds?)
This morning, back at the pool for 2300 in 40 minutes, then a lunchtime brick of 10.4 miles on the bike and 1.25 for a the run. Both were satisfyingly fast with some segment PRs on the bike and fastest run I've done in ages.

Quote Reply

Prev Next