Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2014 Quarq Riken vs vector 2s which
Quote | Reply
hey guys

being offered 600$ for quarq riken 2014 model. do you think it is better to keep or are vector 2s better option. got quarq for 900 1.5 years ago, and get discount on garmin so i can get into garmin vector 2s for 20$~ i figured for future bikes my riken is gxp id want bb30 or better yet a pedal power so it doesnt matter what i have at all.

do you guys think 600 is too low? very low mileage.
and do you think its a better option than quarq.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Quarq Riken vs vector 2s which [JMatroni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You do know that Quarq dropped their prices pretty significantly about 6 months ago? I wouldn't pay $600 for a used Riken. I've seen used Elsa's going for that. Honestly, I'd keep it rather than bothering with Vectors. You can also get the Riken switched over to BB30 for the cost of the cranks. If you do send them in, have them add the 10K power profile. It does make a difference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is no reason to switch to Vectors unless you really like the pedal system they have. I would keep the Quarq and just have it switched to BB30 later.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Quarq Riken vs vector 2s which [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, second point.

If prices are dropping so quickly and that's a good price for me I can switch to pedals so any bike I ever own or any persons bike it'll work.

Where as riken is required crank and then bottom bracket limitation. How much does it cost to go bb30.

As far as quality of meter 2s or Quarq is better. It'll cost me 0$ to change.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think its around $400 to switch from GXP to BB30. Call Quarq and ask them

I just really don't like the Garmin pedals. My Quarq is BB30 with a bottom bracket that converts from BB30 to GXP

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Jul 30, 15 19:48
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Quarq Riken vs vector 2s which [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes that's what I should've done to be "future proof" after I get phased out it'll he nearly worthless so I like to Ty to get out before it's too late. Sold some 2008 zip 404 for 650. I knew if I waited everyone would he disc or new tech would come down in price and totally phase me out with 0 ways to recoup my initial investment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you should sell the Quarq and get the Vectors but thats just my opinion!
Quote Reply