Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Suggest Alternatives to Hoka Clifton 2
Quote | Reply
Went off to buy a pair of Cifton 2 and wouldn't you know it, no one (I mean no one) here in Toronto carried my size. Didn't know when they would get new stock, one store suggested there was a new version coming. Who knows. Certainly their site didn't when I emailed and had one of those conversations with an online operator that always ends up with me biting my tongue ( I tried french, but that wasn't on). I know minimum wage doesn't go far.

So suggestions for a replacement shoe anyone. Something that rides like a Hoka but comes in different sizes (wide would be nice).
Quote Reply
Re: Suggest Alternatives to Hoka Clifton 2 [phog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm confused... Why not just order the shoe from Hokas online store. I've had great experiences ordering direct.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should be able to order online via Hoka, or a big online store like Amazon or Zappos. As for alternatives, I love the Altra Paradigm. Yes it's zero drop, but the toe box is oh so comfy.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggest Alternatives to Hoka Clifton 2 [IndyClay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about suggestions for those like me who's shoe size is 6 US / 38 EU, a size Hoka USED to make before being bought and then discontinued? :(
Quote Reply
Re: Suggest Alternatives to Hoka Clifton 2 [spotticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's tough. Your size is an outlier. Just like the guys that need a 14/15. I know Altra makes the instinct in youth sizes. Possibly Nike/Adidas/Brooks/Saucony etc, but stick with their Maximalist shoe in a youth size. Just like me buying shirts and pants off the rack, just doesn't happen very often. I'm 6 foot tall with a 28 inch inseam. They make clothes for the tall skinny guys.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggest Alternatives to Hoka Clifton 2 [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They don't sell online into Canada....
Last edited by: phog: Jul 7, 15 12:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
see above
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hoka doesn't ship to Canada (at least not when I've tried). Can I ask you what stores you found in the GTA that currently carry the Clifton 2. I've had lots of luck finding the 1 but not the 2.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggest Alternatives to Hoka Clifton 2 [aries33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Enduro Sport. MEC, Running Room (Eglinton), Running Free. There is one other retailer shown, but they don't do road shoes.

cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazon ships to Canada
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shipped landed, tax and duty paid a little over $200.
I'm daft but not that daft. It's a pair of shoes
Amazon.ca $318.99 plus tax. Really good deal, but not Cliftons.
Last edited by: phog: Jul 7, 15 12:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the exact same problem, size 13 isn't typically in stock. Any chance you have any trips to the US coming up? You could ship to a US address and pick up. There are some independent post offices in border cities that you can ship to and they charge you a flat fee of $5.

I've successfully used Kinek.com and had items shipped to Port Huron (lots of other available cities). I've also shipped directly to the ferry in Sombra, Ontario, http://www.bwfparcels.com/. You don't even have to go through US customs though you'll still have to bring the products back through Canada customs and they typically charge me HST.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try http://shop.kintec.net/shop-by-brand/hoka.html they carry a variety of Hoka's and routinely have sales. Shipping on shoes purchases over $99 is free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Athletic Locker Outlet has Hokas on sale for 1/2 price right now. I just bought a pair of Cliftons at the Kitchener store. I believe there is an outlet in Mississauga.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the suggestions

cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And lastly..........buy online, ship to Buffalo (or closest border town) and pick up?

Thanks to Euro-Sports for my H3Cs.

http://www.euro-sports.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just at the running store torn between the Clifton and altra paradigim, my stride was better in the paradigm and it has a much more comfortable toe box so i had gotten that about to run a 20mi after a nap in them i'll edit this post after my run
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can you buy the Sketchers in Canada? Our local shopping mall has a sketchers store and i tried some on, they are pretty nice shoes with a lot of cushioning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nike Lunaracer or Lunar Tempo.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggest Alternatives to Hoka Clifton 2 [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buy Huka Hokua from Runnerswharehouse.com, use facebook code "FBD15" and get 15% off and free shipping on any sale shoes...
Quote Reply