Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cupcakes with Cal: Sam Appleton [callummillward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
callummillward wrote:
We've had 98% positive feedback from the videos. We're going to upset 1%, and the other 1% are looking to be offended by something on the internet.

I'm upset and offended you are not providing a gluten free option of cupcakes.
Also, the "run by cupcaking" seems like a waste of perfectly good desserts.

Sincerely,
The 1%..... 2%??

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We're in the entertainment business at the end of the day right?!

Except, I don't think the Messick, or anyone else at the RD/ CEO level, actually realize this.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
callummillward wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Good work and funny.

Callum, not all Americans can appreciate the colonial sense of humor you Kiwi, Aussie and Brits have brought to the stage.

Keep up the effort AND DON'T DILUTE THE BRAND!!!

I look forward to more cupcake episodes and interviews. One question??? How are you gona get the interviews done in Kona this year when you are competing yourself???

Thanks mate, we're on the same page here. Although I do have some very good friends in the US who do understand sarcasm, its a breath of fresh air.

Ive requested to Mr Messick that he mic me and others up + GoPro, and we get some footage from the pro bike pack in Kona. Bit of tongue n cheek, but its happening at the Tour de France and really shows a new perspective. We're in the entertainment business at the end of the day right?!

I never thought of it that way before. But, yes, you are correct 100%

Nice race at CDA - very impressive performance (in the oven!).

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: Cupcakes with Cal: Sam Appleton [eggplantOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck at IM Boulder...more specifically the breathing part. Thanks for the kind words

Twitter: @callummillward | YouTube Channel |
Quote Reply
Re: Cupcakes with Cal: Sam Appleton [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
We're in the entertainment business at the end of the day right?!

Except, I don't think the Messick, or anyone else at the RD/ CEO level, actually realize this.

Hopefully he comes around and sees the value in what we can offer the race, and its stakeholders. We can make our sport far more entertaining than it currently is.

Quote Reply
Re: Cupcakes with Cal: Sam Appleton [dannysays] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dannysays wrote:
Love it, I get the humor, keep up the good work. Do you think it's going to be hard to get male pros to interview if you keep beating them?

Thats a dilemma Im happy to be part of. Pretty much all of the other pro's I cross paths with are keen to be part of Cupcakes. At the end of the day, we're just good mates having banter with each other. If your'e looking for serious content, you might want to subscribe to the Discovery Channel.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
callummillward wrote:
dannysays wrote:
Love it, I get the humor, keep up the good work. Do you think it's going to be hard to get male pros to interview if you keep beating them?

Thats a dilemma Im happy to be part of. Pretty much all of the other pro's I cross paths with are keen to be part of Cupcakes. At the end of the day, we're just good mates having banter with each other. If your'e looking for serious content, you might want to subscribe to the Discovery Channel.

The scenes of Appleton with his alleged dates off of tinder were classic!!! Very nice work:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love your work. The humor is great. A lot of us Americans either don't get it or are too easily offended, like in your Corbin interview in Kona last year. Just be yourself.
And GoPros should feature prominently in Kona this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Cupcakes with Cal: Sam Appleton [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tucktri wrote:
Love your work. The humor is great. A lot of us Americans either don't get it or are too easily offended, like in your Corbin interview in Kona last year. Just be yourself.
And GoPros should feature prominently in Kona this year.

Totally agree, thanks for your support. I think, even now more so with the latest GoPro's, which are tiny, that we should have them on the pro's bikes. Follow in the steps of the TdF, theres so much action that goes on during the race that simply isn't captured in a race recap. Hopefully we get there one day, sooner rather than later. Theres surely more leverage for WTC to their current and potential sponsors if they chose to take this route. Entertainment sells. Lycra + boredom is a harder sell.

Quote Reply

Prev Next