Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How much faster is a disc wheel [joshatsilca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
joshatsilca wrote:

Anyway, the tunnel data on power to spin is rarely if ever published due to the very high percentage of the total value attributable to motor losses and the fact that the tire rolling resistance is contained in there as well. We found that by using the same tire and very accurately controlling for pressure we could get very repeatable 'wattage to spin' deltas in the San Diego tunnel.

I've had good success using the six component balance data from san diego to determine aerodynamic torque. Was there any reason why your team chose not to use these six component data?

http://www.biketechreview.com/...og/511-watts-to-spin

=================
Kraig Willett
http://www.biketechreview.com - check out our reduced report pricing
=================
Quote Reply
Re: How much faster is a disc wheel [chriselam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I really did have it all wrong when my wife told me I was quicker backwards.

But then I was always a little slow, in any direction.
Quote Reply
Re: How much faster is a disc wheel [chrica04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tim Don is sponsored by ENVE and they dont have a disc wheel...yet. I hear they are making one next year and I guarantee Tim will be on it. BTW this is what Trevor Wuertelle told me...he runs a disc cover for now cause he's also sponsored by ENVE.
Quote Reply
Re: How much faster is a disc wheel [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Delighted to have bladed spokes on my Hed Jet 9..

Also this makes a front Rolf Ares 6 look pretty good (assuming it's Firecresty shape makes it an effective equivalent in non-spin aero drag). 16 spokes.

Or, of course, the HED H3 variations. Assuming the blades on the H3 are more efficient than CX-Rays. Which I have no idea if that's true, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.
Last edited by: trail: Nov 5, 15 12:09
Quote Reply

Prev Next