Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Thoughts on TrainerRoad [Burhed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are we twins? I do the same thing... Ride on weekdays when the wife is at masters, and the kid is in bed.

Could I see similar success on just a trainer with no feedback on a computer screen? Perhaps. But the TR program gives me some variability in my training and pared with a Computrainer or Kickr it makes it mindless enough that I can watch Netflix. I also find that I'm more likely to do a set program than just random workouts, so the built in programs are perfect for making me feel accountable.

My success story is that I've been really consistent with my training since TR... and I'm seeing FTP numbers that I would normally see in August. I'm also dropping guys on climbs that I have no business dropping. And my pants don't fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Thoughts on TrainerRoad [loutriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loutriguy wrote:
Nate Pearson wrote:
loutriguy wrote:
Nate Pearson wrote:
Thanks for the kind words everyone! :)

If anyone has any questions about TR let me know.

This week we're releasing an update to our 40k TT plans and century plans.

We've also got a release for iOS coming out with Teams/Plans, power meter to trainer control (or constant offset) and filters in the app.

Next iOS release we'll have video support.

We're also starting work on a complete revamp of the desktop app. It's going to be really cool! :)

Nate,
If I'm doing a mixture of TR and group rides am i best to find workouts similar to what my coach suggests when picking out workouts on TR or should I find a program to follow?

If you have a coach I'd do what they say since you're paying all that money. You could browse for similar workouts or create your own with our workout creator.

Workout creator? Guess I need to read the instructions!

Here's a nice area to learn about the workout creator: http://support.trainerroad.com/...050-Workout-Creator-

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Thoughts on TrainerRoad [QRNub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QRNub wrote:
Nate,
Any progress on being able to transfer outdoor rides into our workout history?

I'm just testing a new feature that will push your indoor rides to Strava, TrainingPeaks and Dropbox. That's the opposite of what you want though. :(

It's definitely in our plans though. We first need to build a kick ass calendar so that you can see all of your rides that you bring in from outside.

Right now, our big summer push is going to be rebuilding the Mac/PC client so that it's "awesome-er".

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Thoughts on TrainerRoad [hardidu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hardidu wrote:
And my pants don't fit.

Awesome! Small in the waist and thick in the legs ;).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Thoughts on TrainerRoad [Trevor DeRuise] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trevor DeRuise wrote:
Great, so like you already mentioned, the first thing to take into account is that these plans are cycling-specific whereas the Tri Specialty plan you're on now assumes a portion of your training volume will be coming from running and swimming. This is something that we hope to take into consideration down the road by creating annual plans so that triathletes can get even more specific with their Base and Build, just like the Specialty block already is.

With that in mind, it'd be beneficial to select the Mid Volume Specialty plan, or simply pluck out the longer workouts from Mid Volume and plug them into the Low Volume structure. This will up the TSS a bit to keep you in a good range coming off your Base and Build. It's also important to note that "race phase" plans like this Specialty plan are designed to level off the TSS in the first 6 weeks and then taper during the final 2-3 weeks. So just because you're not continuing to build on your TSS and intensity from previous training blocks, you will still be getting faster.

If you'd like to discuss more, feel free to email me at Trevor(at)TrainerRoad.com.

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at the mid volume plan and use some workouts from there in my low volume structure. One reason I love TR is the service you guys provide. Appreciate it.
Quote Reply
Re: Thoughts on TrainerRoad [heftesmurf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to thank everyone who posted in this thread and said kind words about us :).

We just did a little survey and the majority of our users find out about us through word of mouth; whether that's from friends or from forum posts.

Spreading the word really help us grow and pay for things like developers, servers and support! I'm really hoping that the next 12 months will be a breakthrough time for TR and you'll see a LOT of new features that you've been asking for.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Thoughts on TrainerRoad [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
hardidu wrote:
And my pants don't fit.

Awesome! Small in the waist and thick in the legs ;).

Bingo. Good thing it's shorts weather in the great white north.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate, could you limit the number of people that can use it in the 40-45 age group, particularly in the upper-Midwest? I know you would really like more customers but it's more important for me to get a podium spot in my age-group in the little local tri. If more people are using your product my chances go down.
Quote Reply
Re: Thoughts on TrainerRoad [Burhed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Burhed wrote:
Nate, could you limit the number of people that can use it in the 40-45 age group, particularly in the upper-Midwest? I know you would really like more customers but it's more important for me to get a podium spot in my age-group in the little local tri. If more people are using your product my chances go down.

What he said. Except limit the amount of cat 4 racers. :-) If only trainerroad would help with lack of strategy.
Quote Reply
Re: Thoughts on TrainerRoad [kevmk81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kevmk81 wrote:
Burhed wrote:

What he said. Except limit the amount of cat 4 racers. :-) If only trainerroad would help with lack of strategy.

Ha! :)

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Thoughts on TrainerRoad [loutriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loutriguy wrote:
Nate Pearson wrote:
loutriguy wrote:
Nate Pearson wrote:

We've also got a release for iOS coming out with Teams/Plans, power meter to trainer control (or constant offset) and filters in the app.

We're also starting work on a complete revamp of the desktop app. It's going to be really cool! :)

Nate,
If I'm doing a mixture of TR and group rides am i best to find workouts similar to what my coach suggests when picking out workouts on TR or should I find a program to follow?

If you have a coach I'd do what they say since you're paying all that money. You could browse for similar workouts or create your own with our workout creator.

Workout Creator works awesome. I take my coaches work out, key it into the creator and I'm off riding. Use to drive me nuts writing me work out out on paper and then trying to calculate the minutes while riding of each interval and then rest periods. Once keyed into the creator it even gives a 3 second reminder of the next interval.

Twitter@Forsey37
Quote Reply
Re: Thoughts on TrainerRoad [heftesmurf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, hands down the best indoor training I've ever done.

I don't even want to go outside anymore. Pair that with Sufferfest and the challenges that come up, it's a great bang for the buck. $12 per month, $100 per year.

I use a basic Stages powermeter and have TR hooked up to a big TV in my pain cave via computer. Awesome. Lots of fun and keeps things interesting..

It's a little addictive actually. :)

---Patrick

IMMT2014 IMFLA2015
IMMT703-2012/2014 IMFLA703-2013
Quote Reply
Re: Thoughts on TrainerRoad [Forsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Forsey wrote:
loutriguy wrote:
Nate Pearson wrote:
loutriguy wrote:
Nate Pearson wrote:

Nate,

Workout Creator works awesome. I take my coaches work out, key it into the creator and I'm off riding. Use to drive me nuts writing me work out out on paper and then trying to calculate the minutes while riding of each interval and then rest periods. Once keyed into the creator it even gives a 3 second reminder of the next interval.
Exactly what I do. A lot of them are technique rides so works so well. He also gives me Sufferfest ones to do which are great as well.

I look forward to having Sufferfest vids on the iOS app as well as that will just be perfect.

Nate - used TR yesterday for the first time in a month or so and was surprised and very pleased to see the auto sync for Training Peaks and Strava - please can you do the same with Garmin Connect now. #IThankYou

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate - I an opportunity to buy a Computrainer Lab here in NZ for reasonable money ($500 NZD).

What's the diff between that and a Pro and will it still work with TR? What about the iOS version?

Oh and would you think this is better than a brand new Tacx Vortex Smart?

Cheers

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Last edited by: BayDad: Jun 8, 15 20:41
Quote Reply
Re: Thoughts on TrainerRoad [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BayDad wrote:
Nate - I an opportunity to buy a Computrainer Lab here in NZ for reasonable money ($500 NZD).

What's the diff between that and a Pro and will it still work with TR? What about the iOS version?

Oh and would you think this is better than a brand new Tacx Vortex Smart?

Cheers

The lab is supposed to be more accurate than the pro. And yes, it will work with TrainerRoad :). Here's all the info about using a CT with TrainerRoad: http://support.trainerroad.com/...1376994-Computrainer

At $500, that's a pretty darn good buy.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply

Prev Next