Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Flo 60 race wheels hitting inside of Cervelo P3 frame
Quote | Reply
I have a 2015 Cervelo P3 bike. Just tried to put on my Flo 60 race wheels and the rear wheel is hitting the inside of the bike frame. I know it is not the brakes grabbing as I can see a big space between the brakes and wheels. These Flo wheels worked on my Orbea with no problems. Is the 2015 Cervelo P3 bike limited as to what race wheels can be used or have I put them on wrong somehow? The wheel spins about half a rotation then grabs inside the frame. I am lost as to what the issue is. And no I have not gotten a professional bike shop or mechanic to look at yet- since they are going on my bike for only 2 races this year I was hoping to DYI.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 60 race wheels hitting inside of Cervelo P3 frame [Trigoddess IM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ARe the dropout set screws even? If not could cause the wheel to not rotate true in the frame and spin lopsoded and hit the frame

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 60 race wheels hitting inside of Cervelo P3 frame [Trigoddess IM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You just need to back out the horizontal drop out screws(I think they are 2 or 2.5 mm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They will fit fine, but a couple things happen with horizontal dropouts since your wheel gets 'sucked in' to the cutout.

Check your dropout screws, they made need to be adjusted (like half a turn). Also make sure your QR is tight as well, it should make an indent in your hand when you close it.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 60 race wheels hitting inside of Cervelo P3 frame [Jmath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I need to contact my bike guy and get him to make the proper adjustment. I'd like it done once so I can switch between regular wheels and my Flo race wheels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Forget the bike guy... just take a screwdriver and back these screws out so the wheel doesn't hit the frame. Try to get them roughly the same on both sides and that's it....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The last image has it right

CAUTION: If you move the wheel too far away from the frame, your brakes can slightly touch the rear wheel and not be 100% on the brack track. Even slightly can cause issues

If for ever reason you need to go hard on your brakes during a descent, they're going to heat up quickly and blow your rear tire sidewall.

Dont ask me how i know this....
Last edited by: vancity: May 25, 15 15:03
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 60 race wheels hitting inside of Cervelo P3 frame [vancity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last post is what scares me about DIY on this. I just purchased this nice new expensive bike....If I can't spend $50 to make sure the wheel fits properly by having a bike mechanic fix it for me well I don't have any business with this bike...Some things I will DIY but I would really hate to have that kind of blow out because the brake is hitting the wrong place on the tire. Again, thanks for all the input and suggestions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dont let me discourage you -- its pretty easy, just physically look to see if your brake is on the brake track or not. I was pretty brain dead when i did my adjustment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trigoddess IM wrote:
I have a 2015 Cervelo P3 bike. Just tried to put on my Flo 60 race wheels and the rear wheel is hitting the inside of the bike frame. I know it is not the brakes grabbing as I can see a big space between the brakes and wheels. These Flo wheels worked on my Orbea with no problems. Is the 2015 Cervelo P3 bike limited as to what race wheels can be used or have I put them on wrong somehow? The wheel spins about half a rotation then grabs inside the frame. I am lost as to what the issue is. And no I have not gotten a professional bike shop or mechanic to look at yet- since they are going on my bike for only 2 races this year I was hoping to DYI.

Feel free to call me if you'd like. Sounds like a pretty easy fix. 702-529-4744.

Take care,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 60 race wheels hitting inside of Cervelo P3 frame [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, so just backed the screws out a bit, making sure I did them evenly, wheel spins free, brake pads hit on the metal part of the tire just above carbon and just below tire. Now to get this danged Cateye Wireless to register front wheel....Love wireless but it is so finicky you have to have it set just right....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trigoddess IM wrote:
Ok, so just backed the screws out a bit, making sure I did them evenly, wheel spins free, brake pads hit on the metal part of the tire just above carbon and just below tire. Now to get this danged Cateye Wireless to register front wheel....Love wireless but it is so finicky you have to have it set just right....

Glad to hear that!

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope the pads hit the metal part of the wheel rim and not the tyre.. ;)

Good on you for getting stuck in yourself.. now if for any reason you had an issue out while riding with a multi tool you could confidently sort yourself out..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice to see the Slowtwitch crowd provide solid advice to you.
Quote Reply