Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

San Diego Advice/Recommendation
Quote | Reply
In May, I will be in San Diego from Monday to Friday and staying near Petco Park. I do not plan to travel with my bike, so I am looking for any advice where I can rent a road bike and find a pool to swim. The closer to Petco Park would be the most convenient. Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: San Diego Advice/Recommendation [mglash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moment Cycle Sport in Pt Loma can rent you a bike. That's pretty close, roughly 6 miles, and they can likely get you set up on a new bike.

As far as the pool, I always recommend the Mission Valley YMCA, but as I understand it, their drop in fee has gone up considerably as of late. If you are a YMCA member though that shouldn't be the case. Also, they have a good masters program there.

Alternatively, you could look up the Tri Club of San Diego and see when they have open water swims in the Mission Bay area. The water is getting warmer and in the bay you can likely go sans wetsuit. Either way, looking up the Tri Club would be a good idea. They have several workouts every day spread out across the county.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: San Diego Advice/Recommendation [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Jake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stayed at the Manchester Hyatt not to far from Petco Park. I arranged for a bike rental online and it was delivered and picked up from the Hyatt. I didn't have a car. Did lots of riding when not at my conference. Up to Point Loma, into LA jolla, over to Silver Strands. I've done this twice. Both worked out well.
Barb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope you don't mind if I latch onto your thread with a SD running question. I'll be there next month too, staying in the same area and looking to run 12-15 miles on a weekend morning and then 7-9 on two weekdays? Trails are preferred, but not mandatory. I'll have a car and don't mind driving a bit, especially on the weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: San Diego Advice/Recommendation [BarbBikeTechie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Barb. Who did you rent the bike from?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I knew you'd ask that. I didn't have when I posted. I've used 2 different places both acceptable. I like the last one since they had both drop off & pick up of bike.

Here is the info from my initial contact.
We are very busy with road bike request so its highly reccomended that you reserve as soon as you are ready to commit to gaurantee a bike
You can do this by going to our website stayclassybikes.com and then to reservation page.. once we receive it we will call you back to finalize with a credit card
You can also call us directly at 619-297-5500

High End (best road bike rentals in SD)

2014 Raleigh Revenio Carbon 3.0 (ultegra gruppo) view bike at raleighusa.com- $75 first day-$25 dollars each day after
(since this rental is high end 3000 dollars we dont provide locks to avoid any issue of theft. We also ask that you dont bring a lock and lock also)

2013 Raleigh Revenio Carbon 1.0 (tiagra gruppo) - $60 first day- $25 dollars each additional day
( no lock provided)

2013/ 2014 Raleigh Revenio Aluminum 3.0... $40 first day and 10 dollars each additional
( we will provide lock with understanding that you are responsible for bike in your possession)
All our road bikes come with seat bag with tube tire levers co2 cartriges multi tool patch kit and tire levers

We also have commuter bikes available ...(recommended for city riding and touring)
We can have the bike waiting for you with the bellman at the Hyatt prior to you arriving
Quote Reply
Re: San Diego Advice/Recommendation [BarbBikeTechie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks again for the info Barb!
Quote Reply
Re: San Diego Advice/Recommendation [atwist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
atwist wrote:
Hope you don't mind if I latch onto your thread with a SD running question. I'll be there next month too, staying in the same area and looking to run 12-15 miles on a weekend morning and then 7-9 on two weekdays? Trails are preferred, but not mandatory. I'll have a car and don't mind driving a bit, especially on the weekend.

Trail here. For all your trail needs.

The Torrey Pines trail system is a must.

The Mission Trails system is great.

The San Elijo trails are great, and triathlete-heavy.

And the Los Penasquitos Preserve has a great ~12 mile out and back.

Torrey Pines:

Quote Reply
Re: San Diego Advice/Recommendation [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you Trail. That is perfect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would check out Spinlister.com to rent a bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mglash wrote:
In May, I will be in San Diego from Monday to Friday and staying near Petco Park. I do not plan to travel with my bike, so I am looking for any advice where I can rent a road bike and find a pool to swim. The closer to Petco Park would be the most convenient. Thanks in advance.

From Moment bike shop, head towards the Point Loma lighthouse, go into the park (it will cost you a few $) and take an immediate right and head down the hill. Then ride up and down. It is about 5 minutes up, and 2 minutes down. Do that a few times and you will get a great workout. The views are spectacular with little car traffic to worry about. Makes for a great hill repeat interval workout. You could ride there from Moment bike shop. On the other side of the hill, there is a nice trail down the other side from the lighthouse. Great run for hill repeats. Again, spectacular views. I have ridden and run both of those routes many dozens of times.

Simplify, Train, Live
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mglash- Might want to checkout spinlister.com and see if anything in the area fits your needs. Discount off first rental in sig line. Hope it helps you out........

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: San Diego Advice/Recommendation [@BW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Brad!
Quote Reply
Re: San Diego Advice/Recommendation [Mike Prevost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been following this thread buy we're staying in La Jolla. Any recommendations on where to rent in that area? Looks like the best riding will be to head north ( Torrey Pines?)

Thanks for any input.
Quote Reply