Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2016 IM 70.3 Oceanside [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in too............Oceanside #5 for me.

CJ
Slow, Old, 2x IM
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 IM 70.3 Oceanside [Team_Doc28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only 250 spots left! Sign up soon! Z
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 IM 70.3 Oceanside [waupaca11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it sold out already?

Jed

"If you want to ride by the Force, you had better make sure that you are a real Jedi." - FastYellow (6/13/2011)
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 IM 70.3 Oceanside [trijedi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep.

RONMAN Triathlon ‏@IRONMANtri 12m12 minutes ago
General entry for IRONMAN 70.3 California is officially sold out - IRONMAN Foundation slots are available. #IM703Cali
I'm planning on doing this race in 2017. Going to be on there first thing to sign up.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 IM 70.3 Oceanside [Erin C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In! This will be my 4th Oceanside race. 2011, 2012, 2013 and now ready to pick it up again. Truly an awesome race, I'm stoked to do it again.

Quote | Reply
Made sure I had an alarm set just specifically to register! It went fast!
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 IM 70.3 Oceanside [DY3VERSITY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me too! always wanted to go and didn't want to miss out as I wasn't sure how quick it sold in the past. Knew it was soonish, but but didn't think it would be 8ish hours. Glad I'm in though
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 IM 70.3 Oceanside [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Signed up for #5. first time I did it in 2010, I signed up in October, 2011 tried to sign up in July and sold out. From my recollection this is the fastest it has sold out and will prob go faster from here on out. It's a great race, you will enjoy it.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 IM 70.3 Oceanside [hvywghttrigy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had planned on volunteering this year - we ended up hanging around and enjoying the area.

such a great place to hold the event.

im excited to participate this year.

anyone comment on the swim?
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 IM 70.3 Oceanside [Reactions] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swim is pretty straight forward, the worst part is if you are fast, running into the heats in front of you. you do get a little swell at the turn around most years but nothing that is a show stopper.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 IM 70.3 Oceanside [Reactions] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reactions wrote:
I had planned on volunteering this year - we ended up hanging around and enjoying the area.

such a great place to hold the event.

im excited to participate this year.

anyone comment on the swim?

Bring a cheap pair of throw away flip flops for the wait in the corral.

Bring tinted and clear goggles if it's sunny wear tinted as return is directly east

Make sure you hit all the bouys as going out its confusing as to which is the first left. In 2012 a bunch of 45--49 cut the course inadvertently aa they skipped the first one

You can get in waist deep water when the wave before you gets in the water. Get as deep as you can while waiting get water down your suit and dunk your head if you can. Will reduce the shock

Coming back, don't swim along the buoys,stay as far right as the guards will allow. You should be swimming right next to the docks after the last right hand turn headed to the exit. No reason to add yards
Last edited by: ChrisM: Jul 9, 15 9:24
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 IM 70.3 Oceanside [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris - all great advice! IIRC the turn buoys are/were a different color (red?), w/yellow on the way out and orange on the way back?
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 IM 70.3 Oceanside [mstange22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mstange22 wrote:
Chris - all great advice! IIRC the turn buoys are/were a different color (red?), w/yellow on the way out and orange on the way back?

Yeah I think that's correct, maybe not the right colors but I know they are different colors out and back (and maybe now even numbered) but the first buoy Is over near a small wooden pier that may be bigger and not part of that color scheme as you note It's easy to scout before the race as the entire course is viewable from the bag drop off area (or near it)

Haven't done it since 2012, and it's a long ways off but really looking forward to this race, I just love it
Quote Reply

Prev Next