Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are my Garmin files lost?
Quote | Reply
I was uploading my Garmin files from my device to GarminConnect, it said it Synced, but then had an error. Now when i log onto GarminConnect it doesn't have the data did I lose the files permanently?

I tried to sync it up again and it says it's already been synced up.
Quote Reply
Re: Are my Garmin files lost? [TurboVette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are they still in the history on your device? If so no they are not lost forever, if they are so sorry game over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TurboVette wrote:
I was uploading my Garmin files from my device to GarminConnect, it said it Synced, but then had an error. Now when i log onto GarminConnect it doesn't have the data did I lose the files permanently?

I tried to sync it up again and it says it's already been synced up.

This happens to me from time to time. I go through the history of my garmin, delete all the old activities I don't want to transfer, then select Transfer All on the menu, then sync again.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had this same issue with my 910 today. Last night I paced a friend running a 100 mile ultra (started at 10pm and ended at 1am). Today I kept getting an error trying to upload via Garmin Express. Deleted all other files still in history and tried again. Still got an error. Did a "dummy" workout and it too failed. Had to manually enter the workout to Garmin Connect, deleted the workout from my 910, did another "dummy" workout, and the "dummy" uploaded fine. First time I've had a corrupted file in a couple years using a 910

This has helped me in the past also- https://support.garmin.com/...6782-000000000000%7D
Quote Reply
Re: Are my Garmin files lost? [rjrankin83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try the manual upload button, most likely it is still on your computer just not sent to garmin
Quote Reply
Re: Are my Garmin files lost? [Sdboy2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I searched where my ANT files are stored on my Mac and it didn't upload to the computer. Thats why I added the Garmin link for the OP in case his did upload to the computer.
Quote Reply
Re: Are my Garmin files lost? [rjrankin83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He may be using Garmin Express and those files are located in a different file, which Garmin keeps moving with its latest releases

OP, go to the Garmin Forums to find out where the .fit files are located on your HD and upload manually. Also, you need to delete old activities on your watch from time to time to avoid these types of errors. Garmin doesn't seem to be able to overwrite files very well when the memory nears capacity.
Quote Reply
Re: Are my Garmin files lost? [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So Garmin Express doesn't store the .fit file where it's stated in the Garmin forum page I posted? Not trying to argue, I checked where it told me to and my file wasn't there. Just want to make sure I didn't overlook it

EDIT: found it- http://support.garmin.com/...d5f4-000000000000%7D
Last edited by: rjrankin83: Mar 30, 15 5:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whenever Garmin Express is on its period, I fire up the ole Garmin ANT Agent. Here's what works for me. First, unless you want to wait a long ass time, delete all the older files from your Garmin that are already on Garmin Connect or what have you, so the Agent only downloads the newest files, otherwise it can take up to 20 mins as it downloads all files from your watch and starts with the oldest I think.... Anywho, delete old files, fire up the old ANT Agent but keep your ANT stick unplugged first, otherwise it starts transferring immediately (and usually it gives me an error on the first go). While its disconnected, right click on the ANT logo in your task bar or whatever it's called on the lower right hand corner and and go to Device Settings, and then choose Remove Device. Click OK. Then again, right click on the icon and this time go to Pair with new devices. I think the default setting is that it's disabled, but you'll want to turn it enabled. Now plug in your ANT stick, have your Garmin watch on and it should find it, ask you for your login, and then it will transfer once all files are downloaded.

Is it a long workaround? Yes. But it works without fail for me. Now if only I could make sense of when Garmin Express works and when it doesn't, I'd be even happier (and no it's not because I still have the ANT Agent because that's always still been installed, just most of the time not active).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems to be widespread. I couldn't upload yesterday's ride either. Same exact scenario. Garmin Express is *awesome*. . . . not.

Pete Githens
Reading, PA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It depends on the Garmin device you have. Some of them you can view the files from your computer, while others you can not. I have had this happen several times. When it happened to me there was a corrupt file which was preventing the files to be transferred off the watch. If you can plug the Garmin device into the computer and see your activities you are good, copy the files off the device to your computer and upload them manually to Garmin.

If you can not connect the Garmin to your computer and see the workouts, you are going to have to delete one activity at a time from the watch until you find the corrupt workout. I would say start from the oldest to the newest, but I would be guessing.. I would just start with deleting one at a time until you find the corrupt one. Once you find it, the rest of the files can be copied. It sucks... but I don't know of another way to get them off. If you delete all of them and it still doesn't work. do a factory reset on the device.

Good luck!

Jeff Dell
Endurance Tracker - For the data driven athlete.
Quote Reply