Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How many calories are you eating? [Bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think if you're already lean, and trying to lose weight, you should make sure you have some solid information behind your planning. You could easily get into a red zone and do some longer term damage for your season and then you'll be hosed. If you have some numbers, you can safely diet down. It is hard for people that are already lean and eating well to cut that last little bit off.

I'm finding I do much better on days where my exercise days are high, like the 1400-1500 calorie range, that gives me 3200-3300 to play with, and even if you're hungry between meals, you can eat enough to keep satisfied. On my rest days, where I need to keep my calories down, that's where I am struggling to "only" eat what I need.

I guess I'll just stop taking rest days to make this easier, that'll work for sure!
Quote Reply
Re: How many calories are you eating? [10kman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may be eating too many..... ever since I began training w/ a PowerMeter, I've been incredibly hungry and gained about 3.5lbs in the last 4 weeks.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
10kman, how much did that cost you?

<We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak>
Quote Reply
Re: How many calories are you eating? [dmacandcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
100 bucks for both tests (combined). Every site I found that did the tests charges 55 to 65 for each then does a bundle price. Most give discounts on subsequent bod pod readings as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did it really take 5' for the test? Did you get a printout like this?

<We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak>
Quote Reply
Re: How many calories are you eating? [dmacandcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine was a bit different but same data. My rmr was done separate of the bod pod so that was on another page.

The bod pod takes 40 seconds each time they test you. They do at least 2 tests to get the same results, depends on how still you sit. I took 3 tests so 120 seconds.

The rmr takes 8 to 12 minutes, range depends on how consistent your breathing is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To start, i came from a wrestling background before i moved to triathlon. So, i am a bigger guy, i competed 178, and walked around 190. Still do, even with triathlon. I pretty much always attempt to eat, every calorie I burn, (not go over, but consume what i put out). On a rest day, I am around 3300, though to be fair, i am pretty active even at rest, i am a gymnastics coach and P.E. teacher so i am moving around constantly. On training days, i range from 4000 minimum on easy swim only days, and up to 8000 + on hard, long bike days (I train for fulls and 70.3 so days are long). I know that those numbers seem high, but when i am under, my body throws a fit, wont preform at all and feels miserable. Plus, since making the transition to triathlon, my legs have bubbled, really from the cycling, and build wise i am constantly around 10 % body fat, so fairly lean.

I have always been a "You have to eat to compete" type of person, and that eating should be quality food. Just my 2 cents.

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply

Prev Next