Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Finis Swimsense
Quote | Reply
Any other users out there? Are you able to upload workouts? I haven't been able to since they changed over to the new website. I've updated the Streamline Bridge, which works downloading workouts from the watch. Just won't upload.

Called tech support (because the online support page is down). Not at all helpful. Most frequent response was "I don't know." "I haven't got a clue." "Works for some but not others." "I know it's been months.... but we don't know when it will be fixed."

Software has always been clunky, but this is ridiculous.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Finis Swimsense [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on my n=1 experience with the Swimsense device, the Bridge software and Finis' customer service department...I just wish I'd given up in disgust much sooner.
Quote Reply
Re: Finis Swimsense [gregn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, FWIW, I emailed them the device files and they have uploaded from there. What a PITA! I use it primarily to look at workout afterwards, and for time trials. For me the main advantage is that the automatic lap device, but I'm about in the same boat as you.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had one but sold it when Garmin came out with their Swim watch. I have a 310xt that suits my needs just fine for the tri swim, bike and run legs so I wasn't about to invest in the 910xt for the swim metrics. I actually used my CC rewards to get the Garmin Swim so no moola out of pocket.
Quote Reply
Re: Finis Swimsense [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked at the Garmin Swim. The big difference is that with the Swimsense, you start it and go. It automatically calculates time stopped at the wall, unlike the Garmin--where you have to hit a pause button.

I always forget to hit buttons....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll have to check, but I think that is an option. This may have been introduce in a firmware update.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
I looked at the Garmin Swim. The big difference is that with the Swimsense, you start it and go. It automatically calculates time stopped at the wall, unlike the Garmin--where you have to hit a pause button.

Ah, that's what I loved about my SwimSense. I've had three. The bands all eventually broke. Finis replaced one watch, because you can't replace the bands. After an earlier upgrade of their website, I couldn't upload workouts. So, I had to give it up.

Now, I swim with the Garmin Swim, which is also now my everyday watch. I hit the button for laps and keep on going. At least, the Garmin works reliably, although not as conveniently.

Jed

"If you want to ride by the Force, you had better make sure that you are a real Jedi." - FastYellow (6/13/2011)
Quote Reply
Re: Finis Swimsense [trijedi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trijedi wrote:
Tri3 wrote:

Ah, that's what I loved about my SwimSense. I've had three. The bands all eventually broke. Finis replaced one watch, because you can't replace the bands. After an earlier upgrade of their website, I couldn't upload workouts. So, I had to give it up.

Now, I swim with the Garmin Swim, which is also now my everyday watch. I hit the button for laps and keep on going. At least, the Garmin works reliably, although not as conveniently.

I hope you meant that you hit pause after an interval when you reach the wall and are resting before the next interval, because the Swim counts laps just fine by itself without hitting a button after every lap.
Quote Reply
Re: Finis Swimsense [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Burnt Toast wrote:
trijedi wrote:
Tri3 wrote:
I hit the button for laps and keep on going. At least, the Garmin works reliably, although not as conveniently.

I hope you meant that you hit pause after an interval when you reach the wall and are resting before the next interval, because the Swim counts laps just fine by itself without hitting a button after every lap.

Good catch - you're right! Yes, I hit the Pause button (lower right) when I finish an interval. The screen turns black. I hit it again when I start the next interval. Counting laps is not that interesting to me; my swim workouts are all about intervals. I don't bother with their workaround to count kick laps or drills.

Jed

"If you want to ride by the Force, you had better make sure that you are a real Jedi." - FastYellow (6/13/2011)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still have the same problem, and they have uploaded workouts that I emailed to them. Have you fixed the problem? It is a shame, as the Swimsense is a great watch.
Quote Reply
Re: Finis Swimsense [HughWright] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Delete the current software you have on your computer. Reinstall the same software from their site.It's the same program but something with their online update jacked up the connection from the software to the website. After I did that everything has uploaded fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Finis Swimsense [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your reply. I have tried this (I have reinstalled the software several times since the new system was introduced after Christmas) and it still gives the same error message, and says I should contact customer services. The rest of the Bridge seems to work fine- I can edit screens etc in the watch. I am running it on a Mac with Sophos antivirus, but this was not a problem before Christmas. Did you have to do anything to your firewall or antivirus settings?

Thanks

Hugh
Quote Reply
Re: Finis Swimsense [trijedi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also loved that on the Swimsense. Why Garmin still don't have the same autopsies at the wall capability infuriates me...it's my one most wanted feature on the 920XT that isn't there.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know if this is of any help, but I have had the problem fixed (for me, at least) by Finis, who have been really good. If you launch Bridge, and connect your watch unit with the dock, you will get your workouts etc displayed. If you go to the top right of the bridge window, and click on your email address, and then click "log out", and then log back in again, it fixed the problem of not being able to upload workouts.

Hope it helps,

Hugh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update: Well, six months later I'm finally able to upload workouts. Love the watch, the interface, not so much.

Quote Reply