Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Landyachtz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Landyachtz wrote:
So what's the deal, are we doing sealed picks? Or are we going to play chicken and see who picks first? ;)

well, you can change your picks up to the start of the race so it's not really playing chicken

we just need to nominate someone who will disclose the ballot after the start of the race

any volunteers?
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, if I don't make some picks now I'll forget before Sunday.

LBL picks:

1: Valverde
2: Purito
3: Kwiatkowski

WC: Dan Martin
WC: Gilbert
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:
kollac wrote:
McNulty wrote:
You're right. We are talking pro cycling after all.

I'm throwing down. Sagan for Cadillac. Bubby.

I'm afraid Sagan's smoothies are lacking whatever the special ingredient is this season. Is it even possible that a Russian team (formerly) headed by no less a character than Mr. 60% would not have access to the latest and greatest? Not sure but what the heck, I'll stick with my man...full picks to come when the start list is firmed up.

Sagan's story is vexing. i watched the 2012 TdF during last week's trainer time. the first week was all Sagan, Sagan, Sagan. but watching it now, as opposed to live, I can see that he has always ridden the way he does; he's always riding 4th or 5th wheel, he's always sticking his nose in the wind, and he never has a teammate with him. its just like he rides now, except now he doesn't win. so what's missing? has his window closed?

Are you serious? He is 25 years old and has been in contention in almost every big race this year, he is just a percent or two off. He could be overtrained, undertrained, not actually doping while others are, etc.

Edit: My point is Sagan is still young, he has a few more years to figure this out. Cancellara did not win a big one until 25-26 (Paris Roubaix 2006) and even then struggled a bit until 2010-present where he has been very dominant. Sagan needs to develop his endurance, learn to conserve energy, and he will do fine. In flanders and E3 he just blew up but had the power and placement to follow the key moves, he just needs that last percent.

Also 2012 TDF was very different than last year, people mark Sagan now and he gets no freebies.
Last edited by: Ron_Burgundy: Apr 24, 15 19:49
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Landyachtz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Landyachtz wrote:

LBL picks:

Funny that we have the top two picks exactly the same (i can forward you a time stamped email i sent this afternoon). 3rd place and 1st wildcard are swapped as i'm still undecided on Martin and Kwiatek (currently have Martin on the podium) as i don't think Kwiat showed that he can be there with the best when the attacks start raining down. The. Again, Martin crashed and hasnt shown up well in rainy races. Losing Valverde's wheel on the descent in 2013 Lombardia comes to mind.
The other wildcard spot is currently for Wellens, though i may swap for Pozzovivo. Pozzo also apparently do 't fare well in the rain
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/aru-considers-legal-action-after-henderson-accuses-astana-rider-of-cheating

Henderson should stand his ground. Astana is dirty as hell. Aru, Nibali...they all had killer form last year and now very....just good. Sky on the other hand is riding out of their minds. In del Trentino they punished everyone. Sorry.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.....
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

3/1
Alejandro Valverde
6/1
Michal Kwiatkowski
8/1
Joaquim Rodriguez

9/1
Daniel Martin
12/1
Vincenzo Nibali
14/1
Philippe Gilbert

20/1
Domenico Pozzovivo
22/1
Rui Costa
22/1
Simon Gerrans

23/1
Roman Kreuziger
23/1
Sergio Henao
30/1
Daniel Moreno

30/1
Tim Wellens
33/1
Bauke Mollema
33/1
Giampaolo Caruso
Quote Reply
Post deleted by McNulty [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: McNulty: Apr 25, 15 5:21
Quote | Reply
Kwiatkowski, Rodriguez, Nibali
WC: Costa, Henao (hey now!)

Had to ditch Martin and Gilbert. Both hurting. And Sagan no riding. And Vaverde I'm just eschewing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
J-Rod, Valverde, Nibali
WC: Kwiatkowski, Martin
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LBL
1. Martin
2. Kwiatkowski
3. Purito
WC Gallopin
WC Alaphilipe

http://www.thedeludedcyclist.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [deludedcyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Kwiatek
2. Costa!
3. Valverde

Rodriguez
Gilbert

Some crapshoot this is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Landyachtz wrote:

LBL picks:

Funny that we have the top two picks exactly the same (i can forward you a time stamped email i sent this afternoon). 3rd place and 1st wildcard are swapped as i'm still undecided on Martin and Kwiatek (currently have Martin on the podium) as i don't think Kwiat showed that he can be there with the best when the attacks start raining down. The. Again, Martin crashed and hasnt shown up well in rainy races. Losing Valverde's wheel on the descent in 2013 Lombardia comes to mind.
The other wildcard spot is currently for Wellens, though i may swap for Pozzovivo. Pozzo also apparently do 't fare well in the rain

Valverde
Rodriguez
Martin
WC: Kwiatkowski
WC: Rui Costa
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those that want to revise their picks: http://sporza.be/...017?playlist=7.39499
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:

Valverde
Rodriguez
Martin
WC: Kwiatkowski
WC: Rui Costa

Boy...both of us picked someone who was hurt and didn't quite make it. Your remaining picks were in a more appropriate order, though! Right on!
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [kollac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks!

i'm somewhat bummed for Dan Martin. Oh well

deludedcyclist wrote:
LBL
1. Martin
2. Kwiatkowski
3. Purito
WC Gallopin
WC Alaphilipe
good pick there. Alaphillipe has turned out to be the revelation of the Ardenne's week

-----

Katusha kinda miffed the finale. Really would have liked to see Rodriguez counterattack as opposed to settle for the sprint...

now for the classics season withdraw...
Last edited by: echappist: Apr 26, 15 9:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah I was thinking the same for Gerrans. Crappy year for him starting last fall even.

Same thoughts on Alaphillipe! I didn't see that coming but I'm also not following quite that closely either...
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Spring Classics Thread *****Spoilers***** [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
dsmallwood wrote:
kollac wrote:
McNulty wrote:
You're right. We are talking pro cycling after all.

I'm throwing down. Sagan for Cadillac. Bubby.

I'm afraid Sagan's smoothies are lacking whatever the special ingredient is this season. Is it even possible that a Russian team (formerly) headed by no less a character than Mr. 60% would not have access to the latest and greatest? Not sure but what the heck, I'll stick with my man...full picks to come when the start list is firmed up.

Sagan's story is vexing. i watched the 2012 TdF during last week's trainer time. the first week was all Sagan, Sagan, Sagan. but watching it now, as opposed to live, I can see that he has always ridden the way he does; he's always riding 4th or 5th wheel, he's always sticking his nose in the wind, and he never has a teammate with him. its just like he rides now, except now he doesn't win. so what's missing? has his window closed?

Are you serious? He is 25 years old and has been in contention in almost every big race this year, he is just a percent or two off. He could be overtrained, undertrained, not actually doping while others are, etc.

Edit: My point is Sagan is still young, he has a few more years to figure this out. Cancellara did not win a big one until 25-26 (Paris Roubaix 2006) and even then struggled a bit until 2010-present where he has been very dominant. Sagan needs to develop his endurance, learn to conserve energy, and he will do fine. In flanders and E3 he just blew up but had the power and placement to follow the key moves, he just needs that last percent.

Also 2012 TDF was very different than last year, people mark Sagan now and he gets no freebies.

like i said, his window is closing fast. LOL
http://velonews.competitor.com/...of-california_370623
Last edited by: dsmallwood: May 17, 15 13:15
Quote Reply

Prev Next