Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Specialized Shiv carbon aerobar - Stop Sale Notice [jmeitz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did. Used it for a set of tires and some tubes.

The low stack was a fail and here is why. While it might work for most, it moved mine to close causing my chest to close up to much. My lbs worked out a deal where they have profile design t2 bars. Not sexy but effective. The other thing lost is the low stack is a permanent adjustment. If you havent been fitted for your bike, which you should have before spending so much on a bike you may find you have to purchase new bars. And when you sell the bike you are going to run into limitations. This was a lousy fix. I'm going to observan any other issues they have with different models because this solution left a bad taste in my mouth. Several shops said this left them unable to sell product. There were a multitude of possible fixes like simply removing the pivot point with a solid spacer. If I see similar fails on other bikes My next bike will be something else.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmeitz wrote:
Has anyone received their specialized 100 credit that had their recall complete?

After a bit of chasing, the LBS phoned to say they had the low stack kit ready to do the recall work. I've already replaced the bars as I'm not that keen on them, so told them to just send me the parts. When the package arrived, I thought they'd sent me all the bolts in the shop, massive quantity of different lengths and risers. I'll post a picture if anyone wants to see the full kit. They also enclosed a £100 'goodwill' credit, so looks like a new helmet for me :-)

I've been lucky as I didn't use the bars, so the issue didn't affect me, but the response from the the LBS has been very slow and required lots of chasing. It's almost like they're hoping people will just give up and keep using the old bars. This might be more of an issue in the UK where product liability is not as strictly policed as in the US.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes I ended up using it for a nice bike jersey. My LBS took care of the whole process for me. I am not sure why people are having problems because my LBS made out on the deal because I bought another $100 for so of clothes at the same time.

Joel
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Shiv carbon aerobar - Stop Sale Notice [joelt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have an old carbon base bar they are not using and want to sell? I know many people changed cockpits so thinking there may be one floating around that someone would like some $$ for.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Shiv carbon aerobar - Stop Sale Notice [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
I did. Used it for a set of tires and some tubes.

The low stack was a fail and here is why. While it might work for most, it moved mine to close causing my chest to close up to much. My lbs worked out a deal where they have profile design t2 bars. Not sexy but effective. The other thing lost is the low stack is a permanent adjustment. If you havent been fitted for your bike, which you should have before spending so much on a bike you may find you have to purchase new bars. And when you sell the bike you are going to run into limitations. This was a lousy fix. I'm going to observan any other issues they have with different models because this solution left a bad taste in my mouth. Several shops said this left them unable to sell product. There were a multitude of possible fixes like simply removing the pivot point with a solid spacer. If I see similar fails on other bikes My next bike will be something else.

same here....went with the T2 because LBS couldn't get me back to original fit with low stack. I actually prefer the new set up over my old bars. Quick question in regards to the $100 credit? Do you have to call Specialized to push the issue, or just talk to LBS? I asked them last month and they didn't know anything about it.

"I would definitely smell her seat after a century ride"
Rappstar wrote:
That might be the post of the year right there.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Shiv carbon aerobar - Stop Sale Notice [shivermetimbers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They knew about the credit and just handled it there.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply

Prev Next