Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Oakley Radarlock XL frame with standard Radarlock lens?
Quote | Reply
Hey ST,

Quick question for you folks: anybody sporting a standard Radarlock lens on a Radarlock XL frame? Does it fit?

Thanks
-David

-D
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley Radarlock XL frame with standard Radarlock lens? [DavidBL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. Nose piece is different eg. XL piece will be slightly taller/longer to accommodate the larger XL lens.

Youtube shows an unofficial user conversion video which "converts" them by using a XL nose piece/vice versa for reverse.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKTur3DRUfQ

YMMV. Let us know how it goes if you decide to do so.
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley Radarlock XL frame with standard Radarlock lens? [DavidBL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I researched this a bit last year, and the difference of the XL is a longer nose bridge piece (it twists off the frame) along with the taller lens.

If you could find the nose piece available for separate purchase (I couldn't) then you could swap the standard Radarlock with the XL. In my case, now having both lenses and nose bridge pieces, I can swap from one pair to another. My understanding is that Oakley doesn't offer consumers a SKU for the nose piece alone, but you may be able to find it somewhere.
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley Radarlock XL frame with standard Radarlock lens? [Mr.Pie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok! Thanks for the confirmation. I'll try to figure out something and will give you updates if I go that route.

Thanks
David

-D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I understood you correct...
I could trade my Radarlock Pitch/Path/Range nose bridge with your Radarlock XL nose bridge.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley Radarlock XL frame with standard Radarlock lens? [yeach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep technically. But I ended up buying a Path/pitch frame model.

Currently deciding if I'll keep the XL or not...

-D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see.
I just need the XL nose bridge, but would consider a purchase of complete shade if price is good. Let me know.
Quote Reply