Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Zipp Hub Recall [jsoderman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After the hub recall my wheels didn't match at all anymore, had a 2009 zedtech 404 which was "safe" after the recall but looked like shiit but from selling points worthless.
Anyhow, I explained that to zipp (US) cause over here in Germany they wanted me just to understand not to be able to serve every needs.
Ended up I sent both wheels in again and received a brand new set of 404FC. That's kinda backing up a product big time.

-shoki
Last edited by: shoki: Apr 23, 15 11:56
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Hub Recall [TriBrad02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have to be the original owner or will they do the repair even if you bought the wheels used?

Less power, more aero.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Hub Recall [captainfranz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was out of question.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
captainfranz wrote:
Do you have to be the original owner or will they do the repair even if you bought the wheels used?

My LBS didn't require any invoice (I bought mine second hand). I am fairly sure in a recall, you don't need to provide proof of purchase. I might be wrong, but since it's a security issue, it would be logical to replace everything. I know that for cars they will do the recalls (ownership of the car is traceable in that case).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
captainfranz wrote:

They will absolutely do the repair even if you bought them used. This is a safety issue.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Hub Recall [MarkC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did anybody with the 2nd generation have basically the same failure? I'm still not totally sure what happened, I raced on these wheels a month and a half ago then the bike went into the shed again. Took bike out today and noticed hub is destroyed just like photos of the recalled one, but mine appears to be the non-recall one. They're pre-Firecrest 808s bought March 2011

IG: idking90
Last edited by: iank: May 23, 15 5:28
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Hub Recall [iank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had this happen on a set of 303's and two sets of 808's.......the 303 was hair razing as I was in a crit......ZIpp repaired/replaced all three no problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Hub Recall [iank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So this just happened to my 404 firecrest at about 22 mph...

I got stopped without crashing and good thing it wasn't on a downhill at 36mph or would have been bad. So did zipp replace yours for you?
Quote Reply

Prev Next