Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lifetime Fitness Low T Center Advertising [helo guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" I got passed in a sprint one time by some dude with 8-pack abs"
-----------------------------------
Might have been me :-)!! No doping here though.

My wife and I got one of those scales that tells you "biological age" I got off and danced naked saying "baby you got a 32 year old!" She got on and got off dancing naked saying "and you got a 24 year old!" Enough naked talk . . . I'm heading home!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Fitness Low T Center Advertising [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:
patsullivan6630 wrote:
Testosterone has not been proven to be a PED for endurance sports. I understand that it is banned but if you are competing against someone doping with testosterone (whether as part of a T therapy or not) they will most probably not have an advantage over you. If you were deadlifting...that would be a different story.

Someone needs to tell all the professional cyclists, track and field athletes, and marathon runners that have been busted for testosterone that they were wasting their money.

One of my (many) issues with WADA and USADA is that they don't actually use scientific evidence to put substances on the banned list. This has been studied blind, use 'roids if you want but they haven't been shown to improve endurance cycling/running/triathlon.
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Fitness Low T Center Advertising [patsullivan6630] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Without reading the studies, I can't comment on their design.

But I can tell you this - when I get purposely chopped in a corner from a 50+ master's going much faster than me in a cyclocross course when it's wide open in the 4th lap of a race and I am going pretty well that day, and he has that chiseled jaw HGH face, then I'd tend to counter argue that study.

j
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Fitness Low T Center Advertising [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am trying to get those 8 pack abs but the 6 pack keeps getting in the way.

Jim Lukanich
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Fitness Low T Center Advertising [jlukanich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is one light at the end of the tunnel. Law firms are now gearing up to sue because of testosterone side effects. The ads have already started.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am definitely no expert, but I thought that testosterone assists with recovery. As you get older, recovery becomes a major issue as you are not able to bounce back from hard sessions and do it again. I will stand corrected if I am wrong.

I have hard time understanding how anyone can sleep at night if they achieve their results by cheating. I just don't get that mentality.
Last edited by: Mrs Ogdog: Jan 27, 15 18:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patsullivan6630 wrote:
One of my (many) issues with WADA and USADA is that they don't actually use scientific evidence to put substances on the banned list. This has been studied blind, use 'roids if you want but they haven't been shown to improve endurance cycling/running/triathlon.

A few points.

First, if WADA had to wait for conclusive scientific evidence to ban something, they might be perpetually about 10+ years behind the dopers. WADA does not have the resources to conduct definitive clinical studies of every potentially ergogenic substance.

Second, 'roids have been shown to increase strength in other sports. And WADA doesn't have different lists of banned drugs depending on what sport you're in. And that makes sense to me. Serious can of worms to not have a single list.

Third, the WADA charter also allows banning drugs that pose health risks to athletes. The misuse of testosterone and other anabolic steroids is certainly a health risk. And endurance athletes *have* misused them.

All-in-all, having read the code, WADA seems to have pretty decent institutional scientific knowledge.

And, lastly, to give you some of your own medicine, I don't believe that there's much scientific evidence that your "fountain of youth stack" of hGH+T is free from significant side effects from long term use.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patsullivan6630 wrote:
craigj532 wrote:
patsullivan6630 wrote:
Testosterone has not been proven to be a PED for endurance sports. I understand that it is banned but if you are competing against someone doping with testosterone (whether as part of a T therapy or not) they will most probably not have an advantage over you. If you were deadlifting...that would be a different story.

Someone needs to tell all the professional cyclists, track and field athletes, and marathon runners that have been busted for testosterone that they were wasting their money.

How is something that's the "fountain of youth" for aging age group athletes not a performing enhancing substance for age group athletes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
helo guy wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
david wrote:
Bugs me. Everyone is looking for the easy way to the fountain of youth. I'm now in the 55 - 59 age group and I'm not sure there is fair competition to be found. So, I just work on maintaining my healthy fitness lifestyle and have stop worrying about others or competition.

Yep, in the same AG as you. There are a number of folks I see racing 50 and above that I always wonder. Luckily for me this sport is for many more reason than results. Each day I can get up and exercise
I am thankful. I am just amazed how so many of these folks can look you in the eye and say it is for health reason. Garbage.

I'm in the 50-54 AG and I think the same way. I got passed in a sprint one time by some dude with 8-pack abs, he looked so much like that web ad "80 year old has body of 25 year old!!!" that I busted out laughing. Then I saw on his calf that he was in my AG.

Of course, no proof of doping, but the guy was better defined than those pictures of Kevin Moats. I wanted to point him out to my wife after the race, but although he was on the podium he did not stick around for awards.

What a bunch of whiners. For the record, I'm not on T, and I'm not on steroids, but thanks for asking! Just because an older male is in good muscular shape everyone assumes that it can't be because of training, it must be some form of medical enhancement. THIS is exactly what these Low T, anti-aging, fix your limp d***, advertisements are selling; that if you want that look, you have to take drugs! Why are they advertising at LTF, well who's their target audience? We do a great dis-service to our sport when we insinuate that very fit older athletes are most likely taking something, maybe they have a life long commitment to a healthy lifestyle so they can avoid being a ward of the medical/pharmaceutical industry.
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Fitness Low T Center Advertising [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"What a bunch of whiners. For the record, I'm not on T, and I'm not on steroids, but thanks for asking! Just because an older male is in good muscular shape everyone assumes that it can't be because of training, it must be some form of medical enhancement. THIS is exactly what these Low T, anti-aging, fix your limp d***, advertisements are selling; that if you want that look, you have to take drugs! Why are they advertising at LTF, well who's their target audience? We do a great dis-service to our sport when we insinuate that very fit older athletes are most likely taking something, maybe they have a life long commitment to a healthy lifestyle so they can avoid being a ward of the medical/pharmaceutical industry. "

Woa, you seem pretty sensitive about your "good muscular shape". Of course if you want people to assume that it is not from PEDs, it would indeed help to support anti-doping efforts! :)

Oh, and since this is ST, in reference to your good muscular shape: pics or it didn't happen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
helo guy wrote:
"What a bunch of whiners. For the record, I'm not on T, and I'm not on steroids, but thanks for asking! Just because an older male is in good muscular shape everyone assumes that it can't be because of training, it must be some form of medical enhancement. THIS is exactly what these Low T, anti-aging, fix your limp d***, advertisements are selling; that if you want that look, you have to take drugs! Why are they advertising at LTF, well who's their target audience? We do a great dis-service to our sport when we insinuate that very fit older athletes are most likely taking something, maybe they have a life long commitment to a healthy lifestyle so they can avoid being a ward of the medical/pharmaceutical industry. "

Woa, you seem pretty sensitive about your "good muscular shape". Of course if you want people to assume that it is not from PEDs, it would indeed help to support anti-doping efforts! :)

Oh, and since this is ST, in reference to your good muscular shape: pics or it didn't happen.

Sorry, Roid Rage!
Quote Reply
Re: Lifetime Fitness Low T Center Advertising [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just spit beer all over laughing.....that is gold.

It was a high ark softball hit hard over the center field fence.
Quote Reply

Prev Next