Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Must-visit tri shops in NYC
Quote | Reply
Hi guys.

I will be visiting NY from feb 9th - 14th and coming from Europe I was thinking that I might be able to stumble across some good prices on triathlon clothes, accessories and so forth.

We will be staying near Central Park. So are there any shops in that area that I should pay a visit while the missus is out shopping? ;-)

Thanks.

Kind regards
Michael
Quote Reply
Re: Must-visit tri shops in NYC [Knudsen88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Michael,
I think you'll be out of luck looking for deals in NYC.
But if you are interested:
SBR - 203 w. 58th st. (Very close to CP)
Jackrabbit Sports - 3 locations - 140 W. 72 is closest to you. Though the 42 w. 14th store is very cool.
Paragon Sports is the holy grail of sports.
867 Broadway at e.18th. Everything, everything everything.
For bikes you could try Toga or Gotham bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Must-visit tri shops in NYC [Louamerica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'll give it a go.

A quick search on the web tells me that the Hoka One One Clifton is going for around 130 bucks. Have anyone seen them cheaper around CP, and is there any stores around CP where they can be bought?

Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out New York Running Company in the Time Warner Center (59th and 8th ave Columbus Circle). They're an awesome running store with tons of gear.

The best triathlon stores with bikes are mostly in New Jersey, Connecticut, and Westchester Country New York. There's more space outside of the city and they tend to have better deals and prices.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately retail prices are high in the city! Your best bet is to do some online shopping...hurry before the EUR goes below par
Quote Reply
Re: Must-visit tri shops in NYC [Louamerica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pretty sure SBR closed its retail operation last year or even two years ago. They made the full on transition to just renting cruiser bikes to tourists for rides in Central Park.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are not near downtown, but are worth the trip for the high-end bike show case and drool factor alone - http://www.racycles.com/

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply