Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Benefit of Float?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at getting Garmin Vectors (if Santa doesn't bring them for Christmas). Does anyone have personal experience with the cleats with 6 degrees of float? I've never used a pedal system that has float before and am looking at this option. Any good reviews or should I stick with the 0 degree float???
Quote Reply
Re: Benefit of Float? [Rdracer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent question. I'll be following……
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If not having float hurts your knees, you want float.

and/or - having float gives you some leeway in not having to set your cleats 100% perfect since your foot can twist a bit.

That is about all there is to it.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't currently have knee problems, but can a little bit of float prevent developing knee soreness or injury?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Float helps give a little bit of wiggle room when setting up your cleat fit. Zero float (and stiff shoes) mean you need to have your clear position dialed in exactly. Some float let's you get your cleats close but not exact and still be comfortable. OTOH, float makes power transfer feel less direct.

All pedal systems have float, you only have zero float if you specify it. I assume you are referring to speedplays, which actually have a considerable amount of float, unless you tuned it out.
Quote Reply
Re: Benefit of Float? [Karl.n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, i can't imagine racing tris with zero float. A slight amount of soreness from no float may be totally acceptable after a ride, but could screw up a run.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply